Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pre-Season Week 2 53 Man Roster Mock.

RealityIsLuck

Two weeks have passed us by and their have certainly been some winners and losers. 

53 Man Roster:

QB (2)- Andrew Luck, Matthew Hasselbeck

RB (3)- Frank Gore, Boom Herron, Josh Robinson

WR (5)- T.Y. Hilton, Andre Johnson, Donte Moncrief, Phillip Dorsett, Duron Carter

TE (3)- Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, Jack Doyle

OL (10)- Anthony Costonzo, Jack Mewhort, Joe Rietz, Denzelle Good, Lance Louis, Todd Herremans, Hugh Thorton, Khaled Holmes, Johnotthan Harrison

DL (9)- Arthur Jones, Kendall Langford, Henry Anderson, Earl Okine, David Parry, Montori Hughes, Jeris Pendleton, Zach Kerr, Josh Chapman

OLB (5)- Robert Mathis, Trent Cole, Johnathan Newome, Erik Walden, Bjoern Werner

MLB (4)- D'Qwell Jackson, Jerrell Freeman, Nate Irving, Amarlo Herrera

DB (9)- Vontae Davis, Greg Toler, Darius Butler, D'Joun Smith, Jalil Brown, Mike Adams, Dwight Lowery, Clayton Gaethers, Colt Anderson

ST (3)- Adam Vaniterri, Pat MacAfee, Matt Overton

Practice Squad:

Sheldon Price, CB

Donald Celliscar, DB

Zach Hodges, OLB

Dewey McDonald, S

Daniel Adongo, OLB

Cam Johnson, OLB

Junior Slyvestre, ILB

Henoc Muamba, ILB

Vick Ballard, RB

Kelcy Quarles, DT

Bubble Players:

Vincent Brown, WR

Tyler Varga, FB/RB
Zurlon Tipton, RB

David Arkin, OG
Guy Winston, S

Urlick John, OT

Tyler Hoover, OT

Erik Swoope, TE

Quan Bray, WR

Brandon Vitable, C

I'll take a stab at it.

QB (2) - Luck, Hasselbeck

RB (4) - Gore, Herron, Ballard, Robinson

WR (5) - Johnson, Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett, V. Brown

TE (3) - Allen, Fleener, Doyle

OL (9) - Castonzo, Mewhort, Herremans, Louis, Holmes, Harrison, Good, Thornton, Thomas

Offense: 23

DL (7) - Jones, Langford, Parry, Chapman, Kerr, Anderson, Hughes 

OLB (6) - Mathis, Cole, Walden, Werner, Newsome, Hodges

MLB (5) - Freeman, Jackson, Herrera, Irving, Sylvestre

CB (5) - Davis, Toler, Butler, Smith, J. Brown

S (4) - Adams, Lowery, Geathers, Anderson

Defense 27

ST (3) - Vinatieri, McAfee, Overton

Special Teams: 3

Zach Hodges and Junior Sylvestre have stood out enough to make the 53. 

Also Vincent Brown has shown more in the preseason than both Whalen and Carter.

I think they still stick with Carter. He's young and has the most upside. We still have a good two years to allow him to grow here.

Two weeks have passed us by and their have certainly been some winners and losers. 

<snip>

Think you nailed it man.  If not 100% perfect, at least very close to it. 

You must change your username to "Prognosticator of Prognosticators" if we come back to this in a few weeks and you were dead on!

I'll update my locks and bubble players.

QB: Luck, Hasselbeck

RB: Gore, Robinson, Herron, Ballard, Varga

WR: Hilton, Johnson, Moncrief, Dorsett, Carter, Lankford, Whalen, Brown, Bray (5-way fight for WR5?)

TE: Allen, Fleener, Doyle, McGrath, Swoope

OL: AC, Louis, Holmes, Herremans, Mewhort, Harrison, Reitz, Thornton, Good, John, Hoover

DL: Jones, Langford, Chapman, Anderson, Parry, Hughes, Kerr, Pendleton, Okine

OLB: Werner, Walden, Cole, Newsome, Adongo

ILB: Freeman, Jackson, Herrera, Irving, Sylvestre, Muamba

CB: Davis, Toler, Butler, Smith, Brown, Price, Patterson

S: Adams, Lowery, Geathers, Anderson, McDonald

ST: McAfee, Vinatieri, Overton (guys like Varga, Bray, Swoope, Adongo, Muamba, Sylvestre, Patterson, Anderson, McDonald, Okine are all on the bubble because of their ST contributions; they probably would be in my projections if not for their ability to cover punts and kickoffs)

PUP: Mathis, (and Thomas, I guess, although it makes no sense unless they re-work his contract)

Short term IR: potentially Irving

IR: Mitchel

I feel like 43 positions are locked up, barring injury. Then I have 24 players in the running for the remaining 10 spots. Four players haven't participated due to injury, and the other 19 players haven't done anything to impress me. Guys like Chance Casey, Tipton, Sinz, Ruffin, Bennett, Cam Johnson, Carr, O'Brien... have played poorly, IMO, and I wouldn't mind if all of them were replaced tomorrow. The last 10 spots on this team will probably come down to special teams, and I think it's going to be super competitive.

53 Man Roster:

QB (2)- Andrew Luck, Matthew Hasselbeck

RB (3)- Frank Gore, Boom Herron, Josh Robinson

WR (5)- T.Y. Hilton, Andre Johnson, Donte Moncrief, Phillip Dorsett, Duron Carter

TE (3)- Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, Jack Doyle

OL (10)- Anthony Costonzo, Jack Mewhort, Joe Rietz, Denzelle Good, Lance Louis, Todd Herremans, Hugh Thorton, Khaled Holmes, Johnotthan Harrison

DL (9)- Arthur Jones, Kendall Langford, Henry Anderson, Earl Okine, David Parry, Montori Hughes, Jeris Pendleton, Zach Kerr, Josh Chapman

OLB (5)- Robert Mathis, Trent Cole, Johnathan Newome, Erik Walden, Bjoern Werner

MLB (4)- D'Qwell Jackson, Jerrell Freeman, Nate Irving, Amarlo Herrera

DB (9)- Vontae Davis, Greg Toler, Darius Butler, D'Joun Smith, Jalil Brown, Mike Adams, Dwight Lowery, Clayton Gaethers, Colt Anderson

ST (3)- Adam Vaniterri, Pat MacAfee, Matt Overton

Practice Squad:

Sheldon Price, CB

Donald Celliscar, DB

Zach Hodges, OLB

Dewey McDonald, S

Daniel Adongo, OLB

Cam Johnson, OLB

Junior Slyvestre, ILB

Henoc Muamba, ILB

Vick Ballard, RB

Kelcy Quarles, DT

Bubble Players:

Vincent Brown, WR

Tyler Varga, FB/RB

Zurlon Tipton, RB

David Arkin, OG

Guy Winston, S

Urlick John, OT

Tyler Hoover, OT

Erik Swoope, TE

Quan Bray, WR

Brandon Vitable, C

Reality, we have the same 53, which is amazing! Great job! I will trust you on the practice squad players as I'm not sure how much time everyone has gotten. I would put whalen on there instead of Cam Johnson, but he might not be eligible, so my one difference there would be Quan Bray at WR instead.

Vick Ballard isn't eligible for the practice squad. I don't foresee a scenario where it makes sense to keep Vincent Brown over Duron Carter. You knew the kid was a project coming in, and you have him at near minimum salary for three seasons. Why ruin that?

You don't have to get rid of him. Just put him on the practice squad. Better to let someone like Brown or Whalen be the 5th receiver since they have played in the NFL before and been marginally successful.

Projects belong on the practice squad, not the 53.

You don't have to get rid of him. Just put him on the practice squad. Better to let someone like Brown or Whalen be the 5th receiver since they have played in the NFL before and been marginally successful.

Projects belong on the practice squad, not the 53.

He wont make it to our practice squad. There were a bunch of teams looking to sign him and we "won" the sweepstakes. I don't see a scenario where he is not on the 53.

He wont make it to our practice squad. There were a bunch of teams looking to sign him and we "won" the sweepstakes. I don't see a scenario where he is not on the 53.

Yes, but he hasn't shown much in pre-season so I doubt anyone would have heavy interest in him. No one is going to say "Oh he was only bad because he played with terrible QBs, but I know he's got value". No one ever snatched Rodgers or Whalen off the PS and they had alot more potential.

Yes, but he hasn't shown much in pre-season so I doubt anyone would have heavy interest in him. No one is going to say "Oh he was only bad because he played with terrible QBs, but I know he's got value". No one ever snatched Rodgers or Whalen off the PS and they had alot more potential.

Rodgers and Whalen had more potential? Don't be greedy, pass that over here.

Rodgers and Whalen had more potential? Don't be greedy, pass that over here.

If Duron's last name was anything but Carter, people wouldn't be so fascinated by him. Rogers was a knucklehead but his measurables were ridiculous. Many said that had he not have gotten dismissed from Tennessee, he could have been a first round pick.

And Whalen is a pretty good slot receiver with great hands when given a chance. Maybe Whalen doesn't have more potential, but Rodgers did and no one ever took him off our practice squad.

QB   Luck Hasselbeck

RB  Gore  Herron  Robinson  Ballard

WR  Hilton  Johnson  Moncrief  Dorsett  Carter 

TE  Fleener  Allen  Doyle

OL Castanzo  Louis  Holmes  Herremans  Mewhort  Reitz  Harrison  Thornton  Thomas

DL  Jones  Chapman  Langford  Anderson Parry  Kerr  Quarles

LB  Freeman  Jackson  Mathis  Cole  Walden  Werner  Herrera  Andongo  Irving  Muamba 

DB  Adams  Lowery  Davis  Toler  Butler  Smith  Price  Geathers  Anderson  McDonald

SP  Vinitari  McAffee  Overton

Practice Squad  Bennett, Ulrick, Good, Swoope, Bray, Varga, 

If Duron's last name was anything but Carter, people wouldn't be so fascinated by him. Rogers was a knucklehead but his measurables were ridiculous. Many said that had he not have gotten dismissed from Tennessee, he could have been a first round pick.

And Whalen is a pretty good slot receiver with great hands when given a chance. Maybe Whalen doesn't have more potential, but Rodgers did and no one ever took him off our practice squad.

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Duron-Carter-Highlights/ce99bafd-54c1-425a-998c-73d77e171552

Every post you've made in this thread has been completely and utterly absurd.