Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos lose starting LT Clady to ACL injury.

Dustin

Decreasing arm strength, Father time, Torn quad injury that people his age probably won't recover fully from, the consistent playoff losses, add all that to what looks to be a top 5 difficult schedule

Peyton is done. Sure fire HOFer, but done

He never had arm strength. Father time yes ( but the conditioning coach just said he beat all the lifting records ). Injury happens to all and he recovered fully. Playoffs losses, he is responsible but not all.

I give him this year and we will decide whether he is done or not.

He never had arm strength. Father time yes ( but the conditioning coach just said he beat all the lifting records ). Injury happens to all and he recovered fully. Playoffs losses, he is responsible but not all.

I give him this year and we will decide whether he is done or not.

Not to mention the ducks he throws. Peyton just isn't the same. Missed a lot of throws against us in the playoffs that he usually makes in his sleep. Sanders burnt Greg Toler a few times and Peyton missed the throws

Not to mention the ducks he throws. Peyton just isn't the same. Missed a lot of throws against us in the playoffs that he usually makes in his sleep. Sanders burnt Greg Toler a few times and Peyton missed the throws

That game was ugly to watch from Peyton's side. But they are saying he was injured. We will see if that's the case this year.

That game was ugly to watch from Peyton's side. But they are saying he was injured. We will see if that's the case this year.

Manning was injured the last 3-4 games of the regular season as well.

It wasn't just the Broncos game vs. the Colts.

But our defense did a tremendous job of pressuring Manning and that helped expose that he was not close to 100%.

But our defense did a tremendous job of pressuring Manning and that helped expose that he was not close to 100%.

Just a very poor game plan overall imo. It was like the Denver coaches had already checked out. They were successful running the ball at the end of the season (our achilles heel) then they proceed to abandon the run and throw those over the top deep outside throws. Those are all about timing and rythem in which Denver had none in that game. Peyton was clearly laboring....it was his worst playoff game probably since his first one against the Jets. Not only that Del Rio didn't put any pressure on Luck and left Talib on TY.....honestly it was no wonder Elway cleaned house. Pathetic game plan. Julius was looking for his contract and Del Rio was looking at coaching Oakland and Fox the Bears...that team had cashed it in imo. We played a good game defensively...but Peyton was never the same the last 4 or 5 games of the year. He isn't the athlete he used to be but he has enough to win games...I just wonder if he will have the protection...they have a worst OL situation than us...and Peyton can't move to avoid the rush like Luck.

I doubt TK actually watched the game. He usually doesn't. He is also on the wrong side of the argument about 99.8% of the time. So that bodes well for Manning

He doesn't. He could even now if he wants to. Its not bonded labor.

True, he could, but this would be an incredibly odd time of the offseason to do it, after the Draft and after telling everyone that he is coming back and all. Losing a left tackle is no joke; The Broncos of course know this and I'm sure they'll do their due diligence in finding a guy they think can protect the face of their franchise.

Didn't you guys have 5 injured Centers last year? It seemed like they were always getting hurt.

Yes, we started 5 centers after having ONE for 11 years... it was bad.  That wasn't even all of the injuries on the front line.  Between that and losing 3 RBs we pretty much lost most of our offensive punch  Fingers crossed this year.  

I see the Chargers running it close. I really do think it's all on Peyton's form. If he's fit and healthy, I say he's got one more elite season up his sleeve. It will be an interesting watch, for sure.

Not sure I like the Chiefs. Oakland may be stronger. I like this kid Carr.

Melvin Gordon gives us a huge missing piece if he's any where near as good as in college.  When we have a running game we're very able to pile up the time of possession and wear down the D of our opponents.  We beat Denver two years ago like that - it's hard for Peyton to engineer a win from the sidelines.  We did the same to Seattle.  

As for Derek Carr, we watched him grow at Fresno State where we have season tickets.  He throws a very catchable ball, great touch and deceptive arm strength -  he doesn't even look like he's throwing hard.  He's very calm and aware.  He grew up in a pro locker room watching film and seeing how things work.  He is not your average newbie QB. He's the real deal and he's going to be a big challenge for us for years to come.  

Very true..

they pressed all the WRs..and when Sanders got deep..Peyton couldn't hit him..

....Colts just left 5 or 6 in the 'box' sometimes and Denver couldn't exploit that either.

May be a coincidence but the Paganos often give Manning problems

Melvin Gordon gives us a huge missing piece if he's any where near as good as in college.  When we have a running game we're very able to pile up the time of possession and wear down the D of our opponents.  We beat Denver two years ago like that - it's hard for Peyton to engineer a win from the sidelines.  We did the same to Seattle.  

As for Derek Carr, we watched him grow at Fresno State where we have season tickets.  He throws a very catchable ball, great touch and deceptive arm strength -  he doesn't even look like he's throwing hard.  He's very calm and aware.  He grew up in a pro locker room watching film and seeing how things work.  He is not your average newbie QB. He's the real deal and he's going to be a big challenge for us for years to come.  

I sincerely hope Gordon is the next LT for you GAFT. WI backs don't seem to transition well at the next level though. Peytonator seems to think he's destined for greatness too. I'd love to be proven wrong since I wanna see a Badger do some serious damage in the NFL. I love what you said about Carr too. That QB's star is rising fast. 

3 of those last 4 teams you named will be losses for Denver

Might even be all 4 cause Cincy washed them last year

It's rude you're picking a washed up Peyton over the GAWD Aaron Rodgers

I'm curious TK

In your crystal ball, of Baltimore, New England, Green bay and Cincy...which 3 are going to beat Denver in Denver?

I'm curious TK

In your crystal ball, of Baltimore, New England, Green bay and Cincy...which 3 are going to beat Denver in Denver?

All 3 that whole "mile high" advantage is wearing off man

Idk Denver exact schedule but will Brady suspension be over when they play Denver?

Cincy defense made Peyton look like poop this past season. They're heavily slept on, solid defense just Dalton stinks at QB

And Baltimore, well you know the story with them. They always are the team that seems to struggle but just be that nagging team that can creep up anytime

Decreasing arm strength, Father time, Torn quad injury that people his age probably won't recover fully from, the consistent playoff losses, add all that to what looks to be a top 5 difficult schedule

Peyton is done. Sure fire HOFer, but done

Peyton had the second most completions of 20+ yards in the legaue, and 4th most of completions 40+ yard. Not bad for a quarterback that according to you is finished and has no arm strength

All 3 that whole "mile high" advantage is wearing off man

Idk Denver exact schedule but will Brady suspension be over when they play Denver?

Cincy defense made Peyton look like poop this past season. They're heavily slept on, solid defense just Dalton stinks at QB

And Baltimore, well you know the story with them. They always are the team that seems to struggle but just be that nagging team that can creep up anytime

Brady will be back for the trip to Denver.

Do you remember the Bronocs game at Cincy last year..Monday night in a rainstorm.

I'm not sure that's going to happen again

Brady will be back for the trip to Denver.

Do you remember the Bronocs game at Cincy last year..Monday night in a rainstorm.

I'm not sure that's going to happen again

haha. I remember it well. I was there. :hide:

It was warmer than normal in Cincy for that time of year, 3 days before Christmas, but it poured rain starting in the 3rd quarter and got worse in the 4th. Peyton had sustained an injury the game before that one, I believe. He was definitely not on "his" best game with the exception of several minutes starting into the 2nd half. It got pretty exciting there before the rain poured.

haha. I remember it well. I was there. :hide:

It was warmer than normal in Cincy for that time of year, but it poured rain starting in the 3rd quarter and got worse in the 4th. Peyton had sustained an injury the game before that one, I believe. He was definitely not on "his" best game with the exception of several minutes starting into the 2nd half. It got pretty exciting there before the rain poured.

I forgot you went to that game live Gramz or had tickets to it anyway. Does stadium security allow umbrellas in or only ponchos? Sigh. 911 probably put a restriction on parasols. I love that word. You never get to use it much these days unless you're talking about musical numbers that is. 

Anyway, thanks for the onsite report journalist Gramz.  :D

I forgot you went to that game live Gramz or had tickets to it anyway. Does stadium security allow umbrellas in or only ponchos? Sigh. 911 probably put a restriction on parasols. I love that word. You never get to use it much these days unless you're talking about musical numbers that is.

Anyway, thanks for the onsite report journalist Gramz. :D

No umbrellas. I believe ponchos are allowed, but just like any other NFL stadium, you can only bring in what you wear in or can fit in those clear plastic stadium approved bags. We were practically on the field (7th row). We got pretty wet there near the end. I wouldn't sit in that for just anyone, you know. :P

No umbrellas. I believe ponchos are allowed, but just like any other NFL stadium, you can only bring in what you wear in or can fit in those clear plastic stadium approved bags. We were practically on the field (7th row). We got pretty wet there near the end. I wouldn't sit in that for just anyone, you know. :P

Great line Gramz! I burst out in thunderous laughter when I read that...Those do sound like fantastic seats...Nice...