Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FIFA busted, NFL next?

bap1331

You really couldn't have been more wrong...

If you're going to put forward a theory like this, you need to be factually solid, I mean come on, Google things before you post! 

Hey, at least I said I could have it wrong, I was under time constraints at that time.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, Katrina was in 2005. The Saints made the SB in 2009. So... how?

And let's not ignore the fact that they added a good QB and a good coach in 2006, which helped them go 10-6. Hardly an unprecedented improvement or circumstance (2008 Dolphins, Falcons and Ravens all had big jumps with new coach/QB combos; the 2011 Niners only added a new coach; there are dozens of other examples). 

You didn't read the whole thread. First off I was 19 in 2006 when the Saints went 10-6, so I couldn't legally bet online at the time. Second, I said during the season when they were 4-0 on NFL Network the people there started talking about the Saints and Hurricane Katrina and how great it would be if they made a run. That was when I bet on the Saints, because the NFL couldn't keep their mouth shut about how they wanted the Saints to win the Super Bowl, and with 20-1 odds at the time, it was worth a bet. Turned $500 into $10,000 and paid for a semester of college and my first car. All about picking up subtle hints. I will admit though, I may of bet on the Saints in 2006 if I was old enough, so my timing may of been lucky, I think of it as a bit of corruption for a feel good story and ratings though. Not talking about the Super Bowl even, they beat us fair and square and Manning had an awful game, I'm more referring to the NFC Championship game where there were tons of questionable calls and the cheap shot on Brett Favre. A Drew Brees in his prime was no match for a 40 year old Brett Favre and the refs bailed them out.

Hey, at least I said I could have it wrong, I was under time constraints at that time.

In that case perhaps not better said at all then? 

Look if you're ever trying to make an argument and your factual content is wrong then it's going to destroy any validity your argument could have possibly had. Especially when you're putting out there something as adventurous as suggesting the NFL is fixed...

You really couldn't have been more wrong...

If you're going to put forward a theory like this, you need to be factually solid, I mean come on, Google things before you post! 

Or how about this: Explain why the NFL would orchestrate a win for a team the day after one of their players killed his girlfriend and later himself. What possible benefit is it to the league or even the Chiefs to win that game? "Oh, they won their second game of the year, so I don't care that this guy shot himself in the head in the parking lot..." Really? Whose job did it save? (Not anyone with the Chiefs, that's for sure, as both the coach and GM were fired after the season.) Who profited from it?

The #1 rule to any wild-eyed theory is "follow the money." There's no money to follow in this case.

You didn't read the whole thread. First off I was 19 in 2006 when the Saints went 10-6, so I couldn't legally bet online at the time. Second, I said during the season when they were 4-0 on NFL Network the people there started talking about the Saints and Hurricane Katrina and how great it would be if they made a run. That was when I bet on the Saints, because the NFL couldn't keep their mouth shut about how they wanted the Saints to win the Super Bowl, and with 20-1 odds at the time, it was worth a bet. Turned $500 into $10,000 and paid for a semester of college and my first car. All about picking up subtle hints. I will admit though, I may of bet on the Saints in 2006 if I was old enough, so my timing may of been lucky, I think of it as a bit of corruption for a feel good story and ratings though. Not talking about the Super Bowl even, they beat us fair and square and Manning had an awful game, I'm more referring to the NFC Championship game where there were tons of questionable calls and the cheap shot on Brett Favre. A Drew Brees in his prime was no match for a 40 year old Brett Favre and the refs bailed them out.

ZUyL2lr.jpg

So this is what happened:

1) The NFL conspired to make the Saints the SB champs because of Hurricane Katrina.

2) They waited four seasons to put this plan into effect.

3) They also conscripted Brett Favre into this plan (must have, because his late game interception is what cost the Vikings the game). 

Again, really?

I'm not sure what you mean about Brees not being a match for Favre; Brees soundly outplayed Favre in that game.

Or how about this: Explain why the NFL would orchestrate a win for a team the day after one of their players killed his girlfriend and later himself. What possible benefit is it to the league or even the Chiefs to win that game? "Oh, they won their second game of the year, so I don't care that this guy shot himself in the head in the parking lot..." Really? Whose job did it save? (Not anyone with the Chiefs, that's for sure, as both the coach and GM were fired after the season.) Who profited from it?

The #1 rule to any wild-eyed theory is "follow the money." There's no money to follow in this case.

The benefit is that an untalented team that was grieving at the loss of a teammate (yes, he was still their teammate and some of them cared for him), overcame adversity and played above their skill level to win a emotional game. It's one of those feel good stories and everyone wanted the Chiefs to win that game. The point is exactly that, it doesn't benefit anyone here, the Chiefs win and everyone feels good for them. That's why this was such a good rig, no one cared even if they knew.

Also, you don't follow the money, you exploit the situation and bet based on that. 

ZUyL2lr.jpg

So this is what happened:

1) The NFL conspired to make the Saints the SB champs because of Hurricane Katrina.

2) They waited four seasons to put this plan into effect.

3) They also conscripted Brett Favre into this plan (must have, because his late game interception is what cost the Vikings the game). 

Again, really?

I'm not sure what you mean about Brees not being a match for Favre; Brees soundly outplayed Favre in that game.

1.) Yes

2.) Also Yes, bountygate had a bit to do with this as well, the refs can't win a game on their own, they needed the Saints to also become a better team before they could make calls to make them win.

3.) Brett Favre was the unfortunate victim of terrible calls in that game, also the Saints did a cheap shot on Favre taking out his leg and knee. Funny how you fail to mention that. 

The Saints were behind most of that game, they got bailed out by poor officiating and a cheap shot. It's funny, because I didn't even care about the money at that time and I would of happily lost $500 (or $10,000 at the end) if they would of called that fairly. 

Any smart person can exploit the NFL in vegas. In 2001, when 9-11 happened, I was 14 and predicted the Patriots would do well as a joke, of course, to represent the country, a Pats team with little talent ended up making the playoffs and winning the SuperBowl, beating the greatest show on turf.

Next was Hurricane Katrina, a story where the Saints supposedly rose above adversity and managed to have a "magical" season for the season of New Orleans. Again, I called this one before it happened and since I had gotten a credit card recently, I bet $500 before the season on them, and another $500 when they made the SB (as much as I hated to do it).

Next was when Ray Lewis retired and he announced his retirement before the playoffs started. This was the sign to the NFL to get Ray his last hoorah, and once again, if you follow basic strategy in what makes a good "feel good story", you'll usually end up correct. Ray and the Ravens win the SB, and *s remain *s none the wiser.

There are other incidents such as when that Kansas City player died during the car accident (I think his name was Javon Belcher, could have it wrong), and that game against the Panthers just happened to be one of their two wins during a 2-14 season.

Don't even get me started on why Michael Sam was drafted by the Rams. So many things go on in this league it's unbelieveable. I don't care if you call me a conspiracy theorist, I put my money where my mouth is and bet on my theories, and I paid for a semester of college this way.

Green Bay also won the Superbowl the year "Lombardi" was tearing up Broadway. Did you bet on this one? Also Jerome Bettis winning the Superbowl in his hometown.

1.) Yes

2.) Also Yes, bountygate had a bit to do with this as well, the refs can't win a game on their own, they needed the Saints to also become a better team before they could make calls to make them win.

3.) Brett Favre was the unfortunate victim of terrible calls in that game, also the Saints did a cheap shot on Favre taking out his leg and knee. Funny how you fail to mention that. 

The Saints were behind most of that game, they got bailed out by poor officiating and a cheap shot. It's funny, because I didn't even care about the money at that time and I would of happily lost $500 (or $10,000 at the end) if they would of called that fairly. 

KDLlXeo.jpg

Green Bay also won the Superbowl the year "Lombardi" was tearing up Broadway. Did you bet on this one? Also Jerome Bettis winning the Superbowl in his hometown.

No idea what you are talking about with Green Bay. Also I was too young to bet at the time Bettis was playing, but I doubt something like that would make me bet on the Steelers.

Look, as I said, I put my money where my mouth is and bet on my theories and no one on here is probably going to convince me I'm wrong. I don't think they rig every game or plan out every detail, but I think they prefer certain teams or certain players to win in certain situations. It's about the ratings and money and creating a story in a season of football (a bit like wrestling in a way). It's like a puzzle figuring out when you can do it and when you do, you profit. Make a game out of it and you can win a lot of money. It happens in every sport and I find it hilarious that people find it so esoteric. Enjoy the game but realize there are politics and corruption involved.

Look, as I said, I put my money where my mouth is and bet on my theories and no one on here is probably going to convince me I'm wrong. I don't think they rig every game or plan out every detail, but I think they prefer certain teams or certain players to win in certain situations. It's about the ratings and money and creating a story in a season of football (a bit like wrestling in a way). It's like a puzzle figuring out when you can do it and when you do, you profit. Make a game out of it and you can win a lot of money. It happens in every sport and I find it hilarious that people find it so esoteric. Enjoy the game but realize there are politics and corruption involved.

If that were the case, the ravens wouldn't have beat the broncos in the playoffs the year the ravens won the superbowl. Seattle wouldn't have throttled the broncos in the superbowl.

If that were the case, the ravens wouldn't have beat the broncos in the playoffs the year the ravens won the superbowl. Seattle wouldn't have throttled the broncos in the superbowl.

The Ravens won the Superbowl because Ray Lewis was retiring and he announced it right before the playoffs started. It was 100% obvious what was going to happen. He was a media darling and a great player. As far as Seattle throttling the Broncos, it was a shock, but Peyton wasn't retiring after that year and he still isn't retired (unlike Ray Lewis), so there was no pressure to rig that game. If Manning announces his retirement before the season begins this year, the NFL will probably go out of it's way to help the Broncos win the Superbowl, again, more politics and a feel good story. 

It has to be difficult to work out the exact number of years after a disaster the NFL are going to fix the Super Bowl. Last time it was five. What next? Seven, Ten, One?

Depends on the circumstance. As I said, the NFL Network couldn't keep their mouth shut about when the Saints were 4-0 in 2009, and how great it'd be if they made a run. Maybe if they weren't talking in code that the Saints weren't going to win the Super Bowl that year, I wouldn't exploit them for money.

can you explain it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati

They are often alleged to conspire to control world affairs, bymasterminding events and planting agents in government and corporations, in order to gain political power and influence and to establish a New World Order. Central to some of the most widely known and elaborate conspiracy theories, the Illuminati have been depicted as lurking in the shadows and pulling the strings and levers of power in dozens of novels, movies, television shows, comics, video games and music videos.

Ah right, so you have to know the code.

It takes common sense, and a bit of guts to bet on it. I may of bet on it in 2006 if I was old enough but I wasn't. When I hear everyone on NFL Network hoping the Saints win the SuperBowl and it's a feel good story for a town in shambles still, yes, I'm going to figure there is a plan in place. You act like because it happened a few years ago that the damage isn't still large and the city is completely recovered. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Was everyone on the NFL Network not hoping the Saints would win the Super Bowl in 2006? Seems like that would have been an even bigger feel good story.

The NFL was playing the long con. Much in the same way they rigged it so the Bears would win the Super Bowl in 1985 for a redemption story following the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.

Was everyone on the NFL Network not hoping the Saints would win the Super Bowl in 2006? Seems like that would have been an even bigger feel good story.

They probably were, but I wasn't old enough to bet on it at the time. I know the team wasn't very good and they overachieved going 10-6 and making it to the NFC Championship game vs the Bears. I don't remember a lot of details about that game, but they got very close that year. Like I said, if I could of bet on them that year I very well may of done so. The only thing that would of stopped me is how bad the team was and Drew Brees was an unknown sort of qb at the time. Also, if they won it in 2006, I wouldn't of bet on them in 2009. Part of the reason I bet on them is that they brought up the disaster and it seemed like there was a window they could still make a story out of this. When the Saints were 13-0, they were all in and it had to happen.

RCacPn7.png

Saints = 6 letters

New Orleans plays in the NFC...New + NFC = 6 letters

Head coach Sean Payton...Payton = 6 letters

If you substitute all of the letters in New Orleans Saints with 6s, you get 666 6666666 666666.  Now put that all together and you get 6666666666666666.  Now split it up and you get 666 666 666 666 666 6.  This last six is the first 6 of the 6th group of 6s, so we can take it out.  That gives us 5 groups of 3 6s....5x3 = 15 = 1+5 = 6.

Illuminati confirmed.

It takes common sense, and a bit of guts to bet on it. I may of bet on it in 2006 if I was old enough but I wasn't. When I hear everyone on NFL Network hoping the Saints win the SuperBowl and it's a feel good story for a town in shambles still, yes, I'm going to figure there is a plan in place. You act like because it happened a few years ago that the damage isn't still large and the city is completely recovered. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Do you wear a tin foil hat by any chance?

The NFL was playing the long con. Much in the same way they rigged it so the Bears would win the Super Bowl in 1985 for a redemption story following the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.

In 1940, several Indiana residents commented on the weather at the exact same time.  66 years later ( :omg:), the Colts win the Super Bowl.....in the rain.  The NFL has eyes and ears everywhere.  The only Super Bowl to be played in the rain to date

No idea what you are talking about with Green Bay. Also I was too young to bet at the time Bettis was playing, but I doubt something like that would make me bet on the Steelers.

A play based on the life and career of former Packers coach Vince Lombardi was running on Broadway that year, and it made a lot of money, very popular at the time. Then GB win the Superbowl.

Dustin, I envy you. You are very smart, but you are indeed lucky that you don't have a brain that forces you to analyze every situation. Wrestling has made me very aware of everything and forces me to question the validity of everything. I wish I could sit back and enjoy sports as if they were 100% real, but whenever something happens, I automatically question it and think of why it happened and what's the next plan and if I should bet on it and will this happen a year down the road. I wish I could just calm down and be excited about a season without worrying about what the NFL wants to happen. All the money I made really doesn't make it better, it's just something to use to my advantage. So since you like to rip on me, how do you suggest I enjoy the game again and not be suspicious of every situation. Asking you this as someone who I think of as a solid poster, I know how much time you put into working on the draft and how you enjoy football.

post-1371-MOTHER-OF-GOD-gifs-meme-mK7y.g

Remember when the Steelers won the Super Bowl in Detroit?  It was Jerome Bettis' final game.  The Bus stopped in Detroit....they were telling the world about what would happen in the next decade with the economic crash and what would become of the automotive industry.

Dustin, I envy you. You are very smart, but you are indeed lucky that you don't have a brain that forces you to analyze every situation. Wrestling has made me very aware of everything and forces me to question the validity of everything. I wish I could sit back and enjoy sports as if they were 100% real, but whenever something happens, I automatically question it and think of why it happened and what's the next plan and if I should bet on it and will this happen a year down the road. I wish I could just calm down and be excited about a season without worrying about what the NFL wants to happen. All the money I made really doesn't make it better, it's just something to use to my advantage. So since you like to rip on me, how do you suggest I enjoy the game again and not be suspicious of every situation. Asking you this as someone who I think of as a solid poster, I know how much time you put into working on the draft and how you enjoy football.

You're comparing wrestling (I assume WWE), which is noted by even the WWE as being entertainment, not sport, to the NFL.  That's where you're making the mistake.  The WWE has outright said their stuff is scripted and it's entertainment. 

First you have to realize that what you are saying is 100% ridiculous and if there was some mass conspiracy to rig the season for certain teams to win the Super Bowl, somebody would have come out with it by now. You seriously underestimate how bad a single human being is at keeping secrets; let alone the possibly hundreds if not thousands that would have to be involved in this over the years.

You're comparing wrestling (I assume WWE), which is noted by even the WWE as being entertainment, not sport, to the NFL.  That's where you're making the mistake.  The WWE has outright said their stuff is scripted and it's entertainment. 

Yeah, I'm actually not trolling you guys. I'm being dead honest about winning. I don't know, it just seems like a lot weird things happen in football. It's hard how to explain how they could make them happen, but they always do, if you get my point. I like to be excited and surprised when things happen, even if it's not the result I want. I'll think of it as being real from now on and see where that takes me.

First you have to realize that what you are saying is 100% ridiculous and if there was some mass conspiracy to rig the season for certain teams to win the Super Bowl, somebody would have come out with it by now. You seriously underestimate how bad a single human beings is at keeping secrets; let alone the possibly hundreds if not thousands that would have to be involved in this over the years. 

This is a big reason why most conspiracy theories aren't true.  For something like the NFL rigging Super Bowls to be true, it would take coordination and complete silence by many people.  Humans are social creatures; we have an inherent desire to tell people things.  The chances of even 10 people keeping a huge thing secret for even half a decade is incredibly low.

First you have to realize that what you are saying is 100% ridiculous and if there was some mass conspiracy to rig the season for certain teams to win the Super Bowl, somebody would have come out with it by now. You seriously underestimate how bad a single human beings is at keeping secrets; let alone the possibly hundreds if not thousands that would have to be involved in this over the years. 

I can't disagree with you there, the only part that is going to be tough to forget about is all those bets I made based on conspiracy theories I won. So I'll have to try to convince myself that those were lucky wins. Might take a while there.

Yeah, I'm actually not trolling you guys. I'm being dead honest about winning. I don't know, it just seems like a lot weird things happen in football. It's hard how to explain how they could make them happen, but they always do, if you get my point. I like to be excited and surprised when things happen, even if it's not the result I want. I'll think of it as being real from now on and see where that takes me.

Why would the NFL give the Patriots the Super Bowl, only to have them attack the Patriots via Deflategate?  It looks bad on the league.  If you try to make the case that the league is trying to get more media attention, then shouldn't Johnny Manziel, Tim Tebow, and Michael Sam all be on the Dallas Cowboys?  That would result in so much media attention, I'm pretty sure ESPN would explode