Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeflateGate: Brady suspension expected (mega merge / updated)

HtownColt

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brady is the greatest of all time.   hat's why you hate him so much.

Yeah, the NFL hates him too, that's why they had  a sting operation.  They were tired of all the money Brady was making them.  Like I have to wonder with all the nonsense if some of you guys are trolling and saying the most ridiculous things thinkign your trolling or something.  But it doesn't matter, because I'm either laughing at you for being ridiculous or laughing at you because of how pathetic you're being.

I agree Old Crow. Good to hear from you again.

I have an important question for you. I have read the Ravens board, and noticed how the tone has gradually changed, as more information was available. It is against the rules to link to other message boards. However I am sure we both know the particular 53 page thread I am referring to. 

When it started to become clear to Ravens fans, that this "deflategate" had been going on for a long period of time, and possibly even dating back to 2006, the Ravens fans started to connect the dots. It is very likely that "deflategate", also impacted the Divisional games a week before the AFC Championship game. It is a possibility that Ravens fans and Colts fans were cheated from having a head-to-head match-up that would have sent either the Ravens or Colts to the Super Bowl. That showdown would have taken place in Indianapolis. It is also important to point out that the Wells Report indicates that "deflategate" had been going on for at least the entire 2014 season. If releasing air from the footballs helped the patriots to win only a few games then the playoffs should not have gone through new england, and instead should have gone through another city.

As a fan, how does this make you feel? Do you feel cheated?

I think we all feel cheated. No one hurt themselves though, more than the Patriots. Your team's name and legacy are worth everything, and they have tarnished it . Everyone will view these Championships in a similar vein to how the Black Sox are viewed. This will be the harsh judgement of history. 

I will take camera location and ball pressure over your orgs blemishes any day ...

You know, you keep going back to this. You have Hernandez, the worst of all, who Belichick and Kraft knew dang well the guy could be trouble, but they think they are smarter than everyone else, and could handle this guy. Well, the ol' cigar had a load in it, and it blew up in their faces. now, that being said, all teams have personnel issue guys. What we are talking about here, is rampant cheating at an organizational level, utilizing any scheme they can come up with to gain an unfair advantage. In my opinion, Kraft, Belichick, and Brady should get the baseball steroid treatment for cheating, and not be voted on in the HOF. 

I agree Old Crow. Good to hear from you again.

I have an important question for you. I have read the Ravens board, and noticed how the tone has gradually changed, as more information was available. It is against the rules to link to other message boards. However I am sure we both know the particular 53 page thread I am referring to. 

When it started to become clear to Ravens fans, that this "deflategate" had been going on for a long period of time, and possibly even dating back to 2006, the Ravens fans started to connect the dots. It is very likely that "deflategate", also impacted the Divisional games a week before the AFC Championship game. It is a possibility that Ravens fans and Colts fans were cheated from having a head-to-head match-up that would have sent either the Ravens or Colts to the Super Bowl. That showdown would have taken place in Indianapolis. It is also important to point out that the Wells Report indicates that "deflategate" had been going on for at least the entire 2014 season. If releasing air from the footballs helped the patriots to win only a few games then the playoffs should not have gone through new england, and instead should have gone through another city.

As a fan, how does this make you feel? Do you feel cheated?

I think we all feel cheated. No one hurt themselves though, more than the Patriots. Your team's name and legacy are worth everything, and they have tarnished it . Everyone will view these Championships in a similar vein to how the Black Sox are viewed. This will be the harsh judgement of history. 

Yeah... that's what the cheater fans just gloss over. It had little to do with the AFCCG but could have changed the result of the Balt -NE divisional game. I guess for that one you get the "no response" or the best they can do on that one is the ol "everybody messes with the balls " one.

Did "Bill" do experiments to see if a deflated ball bounces differently than an inflated one ? If so . it's possible maybe one of those 3 NE fumbles would not been recovered by NE ? 

I don't want to go down this path again but we all know the Pats released their guy at his arrest while the Ravens kept theirs and erected a statue in his honor ...

If you release a guy, after Kraft and Belichick went against the grain and drafted this guy, supposedly it gives you a pass. No way. Most teams knew this guy was trouble, but Kraft and Belichick are smarter than everyone. This is another move that bit them, and they are responsible for drafting him. Ray, at least, rehabilitated himself, while Hernandez is another in a long series of Patriot embarrassments over the last 10 years. 

it's always convenient to ignore some of the critical details. Pg 90 of wells report.

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of this text. Jastremski is saying the balls should've been around 13 psi. pic.twitter.com/m7S4Bwf6HA

— Mark Daniels (@MarkDanielsPJ)

May 10, 2015

it's ridiculous if you ask me.  so one thing is certain - Brady wanted 13psi on 10/16/2014.  the day he threw 16psi ball against the Jets.  He of course threw 3tds 0ints that day.   lesson learned.  haters will always hate no matter what.

Yeah... that's what the cheater fans just gloss over. It had little to do with the AFCCG but could have changed the result of the Balt -NE divisional game. I guess for that one you get the "no response" or the best they can do on that one is the ol "everybody messes with the balls " one.

Did "Bill" do experiments to see if a deflated ball bounces differently than an inflated one ? If so . it's possible maybe one of those 3 NE fumbles would not been recovered by NE ? 

I think Brady was desperate to get a non tainted Championship, and did whatever he had to do to gain an advantage. The result of this was losing respect throughout the league, and being painted as a cheater. Its a tough pill to swallow, but that is the legacy, and the new normal. 

He's saying that they under inflated and when the ref had to put more air in, he put too much. If he wanted thirteen, he would have had 13 and the ref wouldn't have had to adjust it. Then they came up with the great idea of taking into the bathroom.

I think Brady was desperate to get a non tainted Championship, and did whatever he had to do to gain an advantage. The result of this was losing respect throughout the league, and being painted as a cheater. Its a tough pill to swallow, but that is the legacy, and the new normal. 

I'm not sure how serious this should be taken . But if the Pats used illegal balls in the divisional game and the Ravens played with balls that weren't "doctored " , the Ravan's have a legit grip. The Colts a small one as maybe they would have played the Raven's at home instead of at NE. Fact is the cots were bludgeoned in that game so it's kind of a "sour grapes" complaint. 

I guess it's up to the individual as to how serious this really is. Some QB's are saying Brady should be butchered for this. So you can be pretty certain those QB's never had equipment people mess with balls. Guys like Blake and a couple other QB's say it's no big deal , so those guys evidently did it. 

That said , all this nonsense where the blame is deflected back to the league , Goodall and Wells is pure , unadulterated dog feces . Sorry AM but that's the truth.

you never know what brady wanted his ball to be at

apparently everyone is ignoring this irrefutable fact(if we do believe those 2 pats employees) that brady wanted 13psi on thursday night game against the jets

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of this text. Jastremski is saying the balls should've been around 13 psi. pic.twitter.com/m7S4Bwf6HA

May 10, 2015

so don't give me this ravens game bull crap.   Brady came back from 14pt down twice.  that's not a luck.  that's true greatness.

you never know what brady wanted his ball to be at

apparently everyone is ignoring this irrefutable fact(if we do believe those 2 pats employees) that brady wanted 13psi on thursday night game against the jets

May 10, 2015

so don't give me this ravens game bull crap.   Brady came back from 14pt down twice.  that's not a luck.  that's true greatness.

What does coming back from a deficit have to do with cheating with the PSI ? Great logic guy.

Just about as bad as what that * Davis says. What Jastremski means by that is simple to understand. He means the balls are supposed to be inflated to around 13PSI. That being "by rule" not Brady's preference. It's really ridiculous that Daniels had that go over his head. You might want to tweet him and save him from keeping himself from sounding like an *. Anyway ... that's "why more was not made of that remark." 

anyway, please all of you - go do a squeeze test between 11psi and 12psi.   there is absolutely no difference.  you must be like super expert to tell a difference.  

I played football, and from my experience, all the dudes I know care about if the ball is broken in or not.  nobody likes throwing a brand new ball that feels like a brick unless you are aaron rodgers which by the way is a clear cheating if you ask me because DBs drop those sure INTs all the time.

and if refs over inflated the balls on 10/16/2014 why aren't the league investigate them?  obviously it is against the rule. 

Like I said in the other post. The deflation guy means the balls are supposed to be around 13 PSI. Not referring to how Brady wants the balls. This is why no one is bringing up this other than you and Davis. The rest of the country gets it....

Like I said in the other post. The deflation guy means the balls are supposed to be around 13 PSI. Not referring to how Brady wants the balls. This is why no one is bringing up this other than you and Davis. The rest of the country gets it....

no you are just making up stories.  it clearly says 'they supposed to be 13psi'.   probably meant the ball pats played with are supposed to be 13psi that day.   there is no mention of 11.  or 12.  or 10.   13 is your number.   and that's within the regulation.  and refs made the ball like a brick at 16 ish.     

put it this way.  had jestremski said 'ball should be 11lb' then then espn and haters would make this text message as an irrefutable proof that brady had cheated.

but of course it says 13lb. so media and haters conveniently leaves this fact out because it's not a good narrative. 

What does coming back from a deficit have to do with cheating with the PSI ? Great logic guy.

Just about as bad as what that * Davis says. What Jastremski means by that is simple to understand. He means the balls are supposed to be inflated to around 13PSI. That being "by rule" not Brady's preference. It's really ridiculous that Daniels had that go over his head. You might want to tweet him and save him from keeping himself from sounding like an *. Anyway ... that's "why more was not made of that remark." 

Critical thinking is not Bones_Jones's strong suit.

put it this way. had jestremski said 'ball should be 11lb' then then espn and haters would make this text message as an irrefutable proof that brady had cheated.

but of course it says 13lb. so media and haters conveniently leaves this fact out because it's not a good narrative.

read this very slowly so it can sink in. If the balls would have been 13lbs when the refs checked them they wouldn't have added air

no you are just making up stories. it clearly says 'they supposed to be 13psi'. probably meant the ball pats played with are supposed to be 13psi that day. there is no mention of 11. or 12. or 10. 13 is your number. and that's within the regulation. and refs made the ball like a brick at 16 ish.

Supposed to be, as in the rules. Are all Patriot fans daft?

Close this thread mods. This is worthless.

it's a clear fact that everyone is ignoring.  read the report. page 90.   clear mention of 13lb. and clear mention of over inflating the ball.

ever haters and media assumes brady probably did this for along time.  but they conveniently leaves out the fact that brady did play with over inflated ball against the jets and 'ball was supposed to be 13psi'

If you take that one text as gospel, then you must take all others.  Like the parts where they actively talk about getting paid to deflate footballs.  Or you even look at the part where he told the officials 12.5psi for the AFCCG.  Or the parts where the Patriots organization refused to cooperate with the investigation......... But no, lets focus on that one part that fits your argument. 

read this very slowly so it can sink in. If the balls would have been 13lbs when the refs checked them they wouldn't have added air

again, you are just assuming.   i'm not gonna assume anything.   ball was at supposed to be at 13lb and refs made it feel like 16lb.

again, if jestramiski said 11lb instead of 13lb, media and haters would've brought this up every time they talk about wells report.

and let's hypothetically say you are right.   maybe refs keep over inflating the ball,  so maybe they just deflate the ball knowing the fact that they will add more air to it anyway.   could be a valid reason to deflate the ball because refs sometimes put more air in and sometimes put air out. 

You know, 3psi over = bricks, 2psi under = no real difference

again, you are just assuming. i'm not gonna assume anything. ball was at supposed to be at 13lb and refs made it feel like 16lb.

again, if jestramiski said 11lb instead of 13lb, media and haters would've brought this up every time they talk about wells report.

and let's hypothetically say you are right. maybe refs keep over inflating the ball, so maybe they just deflate the ball knowing the fact that they will add more air to it anyway. could be a valid reason to deflate the ball because refs sometimes put more air in and sometimes put air out.

I think you're gonna pull a muscle with all that reaching you are doing

If you take that one text as gospel, then you must take all others.  Like the parts where they actively talk about getting paid to deflate footballs.  Or you even look at the part where he told the officials 12.5psi for the AFCCG.  Or the parts where the Patriots organization refused to cooperate with the investigation......... But no, lets focus on that one part that fits your argument. 

every thing was dissected to death, but this was ignored by many. that's why i brought it up.

brady has a constitutional rights not to share his phone.  who knows if he was cussing these 2 dudes like he owned them.    he is highest profiled football player.   he probably would rather people call him a cheater then egotiscal punk who thinks he is better than anybody.  oh wait

every thing was dissected to death, but this was ignored by many. that's why i brought it up.

brady has a constitutional rights not to share his phone.  who knows if he was cussing these 2 dudes like he owned them.    he is highest profiled football player.   he probably would rather people call him a cheater then egotiscal punk who thinks he is better than anybody.  oh wait

You are right, he did have the right.  But at the same time why did the Patriots organization come out and say they were cooperating fully if they weren't? 

it's always convenient to ignore some of the critical details. Pg 90 of wells report.

https://twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/597461247894757376/photo/1

it's ridiculous if you ask me. so one thing is certain - Brady wanted 13psi on 10/16/2014. the day he threw 16psi ball against the Jets. He of course threw 3tds 0ints that day. lesson learned. haters will always hate no matter what.

So are we to believe Brady had these guys taking air out after the referees already put the balls at 16 psi so he could make sure they were at 13 psi? Why would he have them break the rules just to get them at the acceptable NFL range? That's just absurd.

Brady is the greatest of all time. hat's why you hate him so much.

Actually I don't hate Tom Brady. Here's another pats fan thinking they know everything and putting words in my mouth. News flash, you don't know me, and you don't know it all.

Tom Brady is one heck of a QB. I used to have a ton of respect for him.

However, I have lost all respect for Tom Brady after this report.

He's not the greatest of all time. Matter of fact, he shouldn't even be in the top 10 now. The greats never got caught cheating and trying to cover it up. Even Rice admitted to cheating but he owned up to it.

The fact Tom Brady lied and continues to lie tarnishes his legacy.

If what you're saying is true, then it begs the questions; Why not go to the referees and say you put to much air in my balls? Why have them covertly take air out just to make them legal?

This is the logic of your average Patriot fan.

I think Woody said it best. Brady wanted an edge and went to far.

You are right, he did have the right.  But at the same time why did the Patriots organization come out and say they were cooperating fully if they weren't? 

this is what really happened.  when the whole world read 'more probably than not brady knew' - they just decided that verdict is in.  they trusted wells' judgment.    listen to all those media pundits.   they just assumed brady is guilty of doing something illegal.

but there are so many inconsistencies in this report.  they conveniently ignore alot of things. 

pats as an organization will cooperate with the league because that's what teams do.  Brady?  he has so much to lose when he reveals his phone records.  he has nothing to gain.  again, it's better to be a cheater than anything that would make him look bad.  a simple texts like 'it felt like a brick. i'm gonna make both of you fired.' would damage his reputation 100 times more than '11psi is what i want boys'.

If what you're saying is true, then it begs the questions; Why not go to the referees and say you put to much air in my balls? Why have them covertly take air out just to make them legal?

This is the logic of your average Patriot fan.

I think Woody said it best. Brady wanted an edge and went to far.

Listen to Brady press conference.  answer is there.  

what you are thinking is irrelevant.  we are talking about suspension here.  that's player's lively hood.   you can't suspend a guy when there is no clear violation.

if Jastresmki and Brady were in cahoots about being getting balls under regulations why in the hell would he say 13 there and not 11 or 10.5?

Because 11 or 10.5 is not what they're supposed to be. I'm not sure if you've read the rules, but it looks like Jastremski has. He states the rule right there. I think you're conflating what Tom wants and what the rule is. If Tom really wanted them at 13, he would just ask the league to make sure they don't go over the limit. He wouldn't employ two dummies to steal the bag to get em right.