Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Select LB Amarlo Herrera

RealityIsLuck

Small linebacker but appeared to be a very productive player.

From CBS:

Four-year starter and swarms to the ball, holding up in coverage with range. Terrific SEC resume with 334 tackles.

I don't know what's "small" about 6'1", 244 lbs.

He had a boatload of tackles int the incredible SEC,  We need tacklers...not just hitters.  I need to see his range.

I really thought Andrew Jackson had a carreer due to some serious hitting/wrapping up skill.  I like this pick!

7: When do you take a two-down linebacker? Everyone wants to draft linebackers who can play all three downs. Sounds great but there just aren't that many in this, or any, draft. One coach said, "We need linebackers that can get us to third down and we can figure it out from there." Keep your eye on "two-down linebackers" dropping in the draft. UCLA's Eric Kendricks is a three-down LB, but guys like Jake Ryan (Michigan) and Amarlo Herrera (Georgia) are players who can get an opponent to third down. ---From a Pat Kirwan-NFL Insider piece

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/25064446/nfl-draft-nine-questions-teams-are-asking-heading-into-combine

Agree was thinking the same thing!!

Same here, however I did just notice the colt website roster has him listed at 6'1" and 190 lbs.  Hopefully people realize that has to be a typo though lol.post-435-0-28083800-1430775360_thumb.png