R2 #61 : Tevin Coleman RB Indiana

R3 #93 : D'Joun Smith CB FAU

R4 #128 : Clayton Geathers SS UCF

R5 #165 Derrick Lott DT Tenn-Chatt

R6 #204 Nick Boyle TE Delaware

R6 #206 Tory Slater DT West Georgia

R7 #244 Takoby Cofield OT Duke

R7 #255 Ryan Delaire OLB Towson

First Mock without Alvin Dupree but i really love this one i think Kendricks could be a star fro us at ILB who would be in line to compete for solid snaps this with an almost guaranteed starting spot next year. Guy's an amazing athlete racks up the tackles plays the line beautifully gets penetration and can go man to man in coverage on just about anyone (TE's, slant routes etc.) versatility is the name of the game here and he provides what guys like Jackson just can't a dual threat.

Coleman is without a doubt one of the best RB's in the class while i love Duke Johnson getting the hometown workhorse to pair with Frank Gore would be an awesome 1,2 punch, guy is tough as nails charges through the gap, unlike others who i see shifting and dancing in the backfield, and can just plow forward and get the tough couple of yards.

D'Joun Smith really impresses me on tape plays bigger than his 5'10 180 frame but he hits hard and can be lightning quick to close the gap with impressive footwork and willing to play against the rush although his tackling and long route speed could use some work after a year of development i think he could be a great starter for our secondary.

Clayton Geathers is another underrated prospect and one of my more favorite safeties since i started following draft prospects last year guy loves to hit and he seems to pack a real punch good size 6'2 210ish guy seeks out the ball moves very fluid in the run game just seems on tape to have a nose for the ball and is adequate in short to mid level coverage but could use work to become more versatile but i like this guy alot.

Derrick Lott is one of my favorites and an all around beast of a D-Lineman albeit his level of competition was not all that great. he's a prospect i've loved since the start ogf the whole process. he fits the mold of what the colts look for in a 3-4 DT he's about 6'4 314 about equal in size to Kendall Langford (one of my favorite FA additions) he's seems to have great burst with equally impressive lower body strength to get the upper hand on his opponent. always seems to be able to get off the block with great hand usage or the old fashioned bull rush to out muscle his blocker. guy has great penetration and tackling skills and just nows how to get in the backfield and get to the ball and create pressure. this guy is gonna be a star just watch.

Nick Boyle i chose because he has great size at 6'4 268 long armed and big handed guy who can create a mismatch nightmare for linebackers and defensive backs. i envision him as our equivalent of Gronk ad insurance in case Allen or Fleener leaves. needs to work on his run blocking but that can be improved with coaching. he's great in open space and can make tough catches in traffic, he has great hands for a receiving TE and is just impressive to watch in the passing game great eyes for the ball and he can make the long down-field throws that can be game changing.

Tory Slater is a bit of an unknown but he's got great potential and can be a great asset if coached up. he's a former WR with 4.6 forty speed has great quickness out of his stance to make a break for the ball also has great upper body strength and size he's 6'5 290 and i believe his  bench reps was around 31 his pass rushing technique needs work but he's got potential.

Takoby Cofield is one of my favorite late round OL prospects and i think adding talented depth for the future at OT is a great idea. he was a 3 year starter at T who earned praise as a run blocker who played with toughness off the edge. on tape seems to have great footwork which is something a lot of late round OL lack. he can pull and open up holes in he run game making pushes at the line and drive his defender back which is something we need more on the OL winning the battle at the line of scrimmage.

Ryan Delaire is one of my favorite late round project prospects. i only label him as a project because he would be converting from DE to OLB in a 3-4 but unlike others i don't feel the change would be too difficult for him.he's had experience lining up at OLB in odd front at towson and has a great build to play OLB at 6'4 254. his production although against lower competition is still impressive 32 TFL 22.5 sacks and 5 forced fumbles over just 2 seasons at towson shows to me he can get to the QB and get penetration into the backfield and not only make the tackle behind the line but he can force the ball out and create turnovers as well. i really like Delaire feel like he could be a diamond in the rough for our pass rushers.

just some insight into why I've picked who i have and explaining what made these prospects stand out to me in my research

This is definitely your best mock draft as of yet. I like a lot of your picks.

Thanks SDak you wouldn't believe how hard it was not to just default to other picks (Dupree, Duke Johnson *cough cough*)  I've made in the past but i feel it made my selections as a whole better and i think if the draft shook out this way we would really get some game changers on our roster. i researched who i really liked to begin with and looked deeper into lesser known guys like Slater and Delaire because we all know Grigson loves a project and as do i the potential can be limitless i know the coleman is a bit of a strech but i'd love to get the backyard hard nosed runner in Indianapolis to be our RB of the future. 

another name i like to throw out there alongside Dupree, Kevin Johnson, and Eric Kendricks on my  #29 wishlist is Byron Jones not just because of his post-combine hype but his just all around athletic ability guy's impressive in every way my only criticism would be to slightly work on his backpedal and footwork can be a little sloppy at times on tape.

I really like Delaire-Has a quick first step and can hold run contain well

Kendricks I really like a lot

Rather have Johnson over Coleman

Really like D'Joun Smith a lot...Though my question is why did he not have anywhere near the same production in 2014 that he did in 2013 as far as plays on the ball, I like what I see though a lot

Not really a fan of Geathers at all-Takes to many bad angles, Is a hitter and not a tackler, Doesn't make many plays on the ball to me...3 picks

I really like Takoby Cofields potential...Has to get stronger

I really like Delaire-Has a quick first step and can hold run contain well

Kendricks I really like a lot

Rather have Johnson over Coleman

Really like D'Joun Smith a lot...Though my question is why did he not have anywhere near the same production in 2014 that he did in 2013 as far as plays on the ball, I like what I see though a lot

Not really a fan of Geathers at all-Takes to many bad angles, Is a hitter and not a tackler, Doesn't make many plays on the ball to me...3 picks

I really like Takoby Cofields potential...Has to get stronger

i agree on Kendricks and Smith but i think Johnson and Coleman would both be great additions at RB

couldn't agree more on Delaire he could go higher than the 7th round but i'm not sure how his medical issues at the combine hurt his draft stock but i would not be against taking him higher in the draft at all.

I love love LOVE the Kendricks pick. The guy is a bona fide star in the making. Great leader, high motor, good in coverage, instinctive against the run, with terrific character.

I'm not a fan of taking a RB in the 2nd. I wont rant about how "RB doesn't matter anymore!", because it very much does. But I think because of the depth of the RB pool this year, I think one of Ajayi, Abdullah, Coleman or Davis will fall to our pick in the 3rd. I'd be much happier picking up Quinten Rollins in the 2nd. I view him as our FS of the future who has the versatility to play corner in a pinch. Also, I like Grady Jarrett (I think that's his name), DT from Clemson in the 2nd. Excellent gap-shooting D lineman. He has first round production but is slightly undersized (6'1 300lbs). I like him to compete for RJFs old spot.

Thanks SDak you wouldn't believe how hard it was not to just default to other picks (Dupree, Duke Johnson *cough cough*)  I've made in the past but i feel it made my selections as a whole better and i think if the draft shook out this way we would really get some game changers on our roster. i researched who i really liked to begin with and looked deeper into lesser known guys like Slater and Delaire because we all know Grigson loves a project and as do i the potential can be limitless i know the coleman is a bit of a strech but i'd love to get the backyard hard nosed runner in Indianapolis to be our RB of the future. 

Hey I understand everyone has favorites and it is hard to default from them. I like Dupree but I really like Duke Johnson. The only problem with those picks is I believe both will be gone in their respective rounds before we pick. I believe Dupree is gone by 25 and I am feelings Duke Johnson is going to be a top 10 pick in the 2nd round. With that being said Kendricks would be a solid pick up at 29 and Coleman would be another nice alternative to Johnson in the 2nd. I like Slater and Delaire but I believe Delaire could turn out to be something special as a SLB with good coaching. Gavin pointed out that he has a great first step which could be beneficial to develop him as a pass rusher but he already holds well at the point of attack in the run game.

Hey I understand everyone has favorites and it is hard to default from them. I like Dupree but I really like Duke Johnson. The only problem with those picks is I believe both will be gone in their respective rounds before we pick. I believe Dupree is gone by 25 and I am feelings Duke Johnson is going to be a top 10 pick in the 2nd round. With that being said Kendricks would be a solid pick up at 29 and Coleman would be another nice alternative to Johnson in the 2nd. I like Slater and Delaire but I believe Delaire could turn out to be something special as a SLB with good coaching. Gavin pointed out that he has a great first step which could be beneficial to develop him as a pass rusher but he already holds well at the point of attack in the run game.

this was my exact thinking getting equally talented players more likely to be available at our picks in the first and 2nd round. and Delaire is just a personal favorite of mine who i hope we can find a way to draft he could  be this years Johnathan Newsome who i also predicted we would pick last year although i believe i got the round wrong. but Delaire has a lot of interest from other teams might have to take him earlier if we could get him in the 6th i'd be very happy.

Stephen Reed's newest mock draft is similar to mine  with a couple selections although he passes on Kendricks for Andrus Peat but he selects Derrick Lott and Ryan Delaire with Jake Ryan being one of my favorite alternatives if we don't get Kendricks  overall i like his mock Xavier Williams out of Northern Iowa is a solid pick as well

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/4/14/8409893/nfl-mock-draft-2015-stephen-reeds-mock-draft-5-0

Jerrell Freeman 6'0 240

D'qwell Jackson 6'0 240

Nate Irving 6'1 245

Eric Kendricks 6'0 232 not that big of a difference

At 232 how far will NFL RB`s drag him.  Another Angerer?

If/when he bulks up how will that affect his pass coverage?

His brother was bigger and much faster and was drafted at 46.

Maybe he will be our highest rated player when we draft, so be it.

Eric gets high grades for the mental side of the game which is Big for sure. +

He reminds me of Arthur Brown/Ravens to a degree. So ??

You're not getting a 250 lb linebacker with top end speed and coverage ability at pick 29. Every player available is going to have warts.

He came into the combine at 232. If he gets up to 240 he'll still be faster than 80% of linebackers in the league. 

funny you say that arthur brown was one of my favorite prospects in 2013 but he hasn't exactly lived up to expectations in baltimore mostly playing nickel linebacker

You're not getting a 250 lb linebacker with top end speed and coverage ability at pick 29. Every player available is going to have warts.

He came into the combine at 232. If he gets up to 240 he'll still be faster than 80% of linebackers in the league. 

i feel like adding 8-10 pounds throughout the offseason program wouldn't be all that difficult for him and wouldn't affect his speed too much either

i feel like adding 8-10 pounds throughout the offseason program wouldn't be all that difficult for him and wouldn't affect his speed too much either

Yup. Guys typically put on that much muscle mass in their first season.