Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Munchak Rips C.j. For Lacey Interception

deedub75

Why can't they just admit that Lacey made a good play?

INDIANAPOLIS Running back Chris Johnson could have done more to break up a Matt Hasselbeck pass intended for him in the second half, Coach Mike Munchak said.

Colts cornerback Jacob Lacey intercepted the pass and returned it for a touchdown. Lacey was aggressive, getting between Johnson and the ball.

“I think he has got to do a better job on that ball,” Munchak said. “At least break it up or make it incomplete. That’s bang-bang and it’s hard to tell on the sidelines, but again that’s a ball that should’ve been incomplete or caught and tackled right there.”

Said Johnson: “The defender came over the top of me.” He admitted he wasn’t on the same page with Hasselbeck, who took the blame for a bad throw.

“I’ve got to do better there and help him,’’ Hasselbeck said. “That’s on me.”

dont sound like any rip to me... if johnson had been more aggressive lacey wouldnt have gotten that pic, it was a great play by lacey but the coach is right.

happen to ah agree, CJ made no effort to get it, just sat back waiting for things to come to him

INDIANAPOLIS Running back Chris Johnson could have done more to break up a Matt Hasselbeck pass intended for him in the second half, Coach Mike Munchak said.

Colts cornerback Jacob Lacey intercepted the pass and returned it for a touchdown. Lacey was aggressive, getting between Johnson and the ball.

“I think he has got to do a better job on that ball,” Munchak said. “At least break it up or make it incomplete. That’s bang-bang and it’s hard to tell on the sidelines, but again that’s a ball that should’ve been incomplete or caught and tackled right there.”

Said Johnson: “The defender came over the top of me.” He admitted he wasn’t on the same page with Hasselbeck, who took the blame for a bad throw.

Lacey did finally make a good play but I would say the majority of the credit for the INT goes to CJ for his lack of effort. CJ looked bad all day.

I think you pass that one off to CJ not being a receiver and let it go......

It was an unusally agressively play by Lacey..

..Why was Lacey on Johnson...does anyone know..?

Was that a different defense than what we've been doing?.

I think you pass that one off to CJ not being a receiver and let it go......

It was an unusally agressively play by Lacey..

..Why was Lacey on Johnson...does anyone know..?

Was that a different defense than what we've been doing?.

From the replay it looked like he was in zone playing the flat read the play and broke on johnson and the ball

From the replay it looked like he was in zone playing the flat read the play and broke on johnson and the ball

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!

Lacey was playing a 1/4 zone and just broke on the ball.

People actually think the media will give Lacey credit for it. That will never happen, due to him being ridden on so hard by the NFL universe for being the "worst CB" to ever play the game.

Remember CJ2K just signed a new deal and isn't living up to it yet. It's easier to lay the blame on a person who sat out due to a contract dispute than congratulating a 3rd-tier cornerback that actually showed up for gameday.