Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I love this Forum

Bravo

I have a love/hate relationship with this forum.....I love coming on here and reading up on my favorite team and communicating with all you awesome folks....

But I hate all the time that I lose doing it!!!!! lol

And kudos to the mod staff, they do a great job keeping all of us crazies in line!

This forum is my first source for Colts info. I love the discussions and the amount of knowledge most posters have but sometimes when the arguments start, it's too much to deal with. Overall, the forum is the best one and better than all the others that I have been on.

I agree..The good outweighs the bad..and you can always get a Colt question answered

When Reggie was cut..I wanted to post with and to people I knew have followed him I his time...

....This is an easy-to-access forum so we get a lot of fans of other teams who want to argue and that's fun sometimes.

But this is the place to talk about present, past and future Colts. I stop by almost every day

I like the global sense of diversity.

While most live in Indiana,   there are lots of fans from all over....   East Coast,  the south,  and where I live too,  on the West Coast (So. Cal)    But there are also Colts fans from all over the world...   Australia and New Zealand to the West,  and all over the UK and Europe to the East.

I like the diversity of opinion.    I've come to change my mind on lots of things over the years.    People here are sharp and smart and present some good arguments that -- if you're open minded -- will get you to reconsider.

I like the sense of history.    Some are here from the Colts' days in Baltimore.   They're here because of Johnny Unitas and Lenny Moore and others.    Many are here because of Peyton.   (Did he also build this website in addition to LOS?!)    And now many are here for Andrew.

I like the humor....    there are some wickedly funny people here, and if you scroll too fast you'll go right past some very funny zingers!     And we all need a good laugh or three everyday!

I like the day after a game during the season.   Discussions are more interesting.   Win or lose,  people's reactions are a little more measured than in the first few hours after a game.   Honestly, I try to avoid the website right after a game -- especially a loss.    Complete madness!    But sanity typically returns the day after a game and the conversations start to get interesting....

I like the website format....    a page for the Colts...   a page for the NFL....   a page for the draft and free agency and other player news.   (and other pages too!)   That really, really helps.    I'm sure for the moderators there must be at times a sense of trying to herd cats...  (and I'm a cat lover/owner!)     So, being able to guide people to the right place is helpful...

I like the mods....     a completely thankless job.   I try not to forget that when they make a decision I disagree with.   And, to the best of my knowledge,  they're not getting paid to do this.   So,  sorting out the squabbles that break out here (and I've been in the middle of a few of those!)  can NOT be fun.   But, the mods do a good job of that too.

Finally,  I like the friendships I've made...   I'm coming up on 3 full years here.   Made some great friendships.   Had some wonderful private conversations and exchanges.    It's all an unexpected bonus of being here....

Looking forward to many, many more years!    :thmup:        :worthy:        :thanks:      

Lol. I attended the Colts@Giants game last November. There were many Colts fans sitting next to me. I was hoping to meet a member of this board, but none of those I spoke with was familiar with this forum. :( Too bad I had not become friendly with Bababooey before that. He told me that he was at that game.

Anyway, I too like this forum very much and as you know, I am a Vikings fan. This message board is the best one around. There are many intelligent members who share their knowledge of football, sports, movies (you), music, and more. I have learned a lot since I signed up a little over a year ago and it's been a lot of fun. I appreciate the members and the mods very much. They keep me coming back every day. :thanks:

I just really appreciate your balanced approach to talking about football, your humor, & your slant on things especially giving me a window into not only what makes you tick but how females view domestic violence & other issues of the day from their vantage point. 

Yeah, I could see how that would be disappointing NFLfan. I'd be a little bummed out too if I was hoping to meet a regular forum member in the flesh & didn't. Hey who won the game? NY or INDY? You have a good sense of humor too. I'm glad that it looks like that your elite RB will be returning to the Vikings too. Zim needs him as a security blanket for Bridgewater. 

LOL! Yep, I'm a bit of a movie buff. Roger Ebert 2.0. I'm trying to get more accustomed to films with subtitles in them but it's more challenging than I thought. I'm trying to broaden my horizons with some Japanese animation films too on a different country & cultural level as well. 

In any event, I respect you, your Vikings, & your insights NFLfan. Keep dropping your knowledge into the enigma that is the opposite sex. SW1 needs all the help I can get.  :P

Great posts. Whilst there are more important things in life, this is a fine place to come to, one where I have come too nearly every day for 10+ years. It has become part of my life.

And you are all crazy!!

True, but are we talking crazy like a fox or crazy is the new normal? Only teasing BHC.  :thmup:

I like the global sense of diversity.

While most live in Indiana,   there are lots of fans from all over....   East Coast,  the south,  and where I live too,  on the West Coast (So. Cal)    But there are also Colts fans from all over the world...   Australia and New Zealand to the West,  and all over the UK and Europe to the East.

I like the diversity of opinion.    I've come to change my mind on lots of things over the years.    People here are sharp and smart and present some good arguments that -- if you're open minded -- will get you to reconsider.

I like the sense of history.    Some are here from the Colts' days in Baltimore.   They're here because of Johnny Unitas and Lenny Moore and others.    Many are here because of Peyton.   (Did he also build this website in addition to LOS?!)    And now many are here for Andrew.

I like the humor....    there are some wickedly funny people here, and if you scroll too fast you'll go right past some very funny zingers!     And we all need a good laugh or three everyday!

I like the day after a game during the season.   Discussions are more interesting.   Win or lose,  people's reactions are a little more measured than in the first few hours after a game.   Honestly, I try to avoid the website right after a game -- especially a loss.    Complete madness!    But sanity typically returns the day after a game and the conversations start to get interesting....

I like the website format....    a page for the Colts...   a page for the NFL....   a page for the draft and free agency and other player news.   (and other pages too!)   That really, really helps.    I'm sure for the moderators there must be at times a sense of trying to herd cats...  (and I'm a cat lover/owner!)     So, being able to guide people to the right place is helpful...

I like the mods....     a completely thankless job.   I try not to forget that when they make a decision I disagree with.   And, to the best of my knowledge,  they're not getting paid to do this.   So,  sorting out the squabbles that break out here (and I've been in the middle of a few of those!)  can NOT be fun.   But, the mods do a good job of that too.

Finally,  I like the friendships I've made...   I'm coming up on 3 full years here.   Made some great friendships.   Had some wonderful private conversations and exchanges.    It's all an unexpected bonus of being here....

Looking forward to many, many more years!    :thmup:        :worthy:        :thanks:      

This is really a succinct & yet comprehensive post NCF. You covered all the bases well. Cultural diversity, a wide array of opinions, moderators keeping the peace while still resolving technical issues on a daily basis, the talented writers on this forum, the next level humor so many people on here possess as an innate skill [You know who you are], & the volume of fans we get on the forum with a different fan allegiance other than INDY. That's what makes this site so addictive to me in a good way. Talking to people outside the Hoosier State is what makes this forum so strong IMO & that's a testament to those fans from different teams coming back again & again. 

"There are some wickedly funny people here, and if you scroll too fast you'll go right past some very funny zingers!     And we all need a good laugh or three everyday!"

Beautifully stated NCF. If you forced me to articulate the sole reason I am drawn here like a moth to a light, that is it. I need to laugh & this forum gives me the perfect outlet to do that in. 

Very well stated reply NCF!  :hat:

This is really a succinct & yet comprehensive post NCF. You covered all the bases well. Cultural diversity, a wide array of opinions, moderators keeping the peace while still resolving technical issues on a daily basis, the talented writers on this forum, the next level humor so many people on here possess as an innate skill [You know who you are], & the volume of fans we get on the forum with a different fan allegiance other than INDY. That's what makes this site so addictive to me in a good way. Talking to people outside the Hoosier State is what makes this forum so strong IMO & that's a testament to those fans from different teams coming back again & again. 

"There are some wickedly funny people here, and if you scroll too fast you'll go right past some very funny zingers!     And we all need a good laugh or three everyday!"

Beautifully stated NCF. If you forced me to articulate the sole reason I am drawn here like a moth to a light, that is it. I need to laugh & this forum gives me the perfect outlet to do that in. 

Very well stated reply NCF!  :hat:

Appreciate the very kind words, as always,  SW...

But....   succinct?!?    Me?!?    Succinct?!?    Not ever in my life!     :peek: 

Yikes,  that post was really, really loooong...        (Glad you liked it!)     

Appreciate the very kind words, as always,  SW...

But....   succinct?!?    Me?!?    Succinct?!?    Not ever in my life!     :peek:

Yikes,  that post was really, really loooong...        (Glad you liked it!)     

You covered a lot of ground in a short amount of space my friend. You're not longwinded NCF. You just appreciate the value of being thorough. LOL! I too suffer from the affliction as well. 

1 last point & then I promise I will zip it & let someone else speak. What I value on this forum is that if arguments develop on here among regulars over a topic most fans don't hold grudges they usually say their peace, move on, & don't hold it against the same person in a new thread. It's not necessary to always be right just civil. It took me awhile to realize that, but eventually that lesson clicked. I just like that forum members grasp that concept. 

I just really appreciate your balanced approach to talking about football, your humor, & your slant on things especially giving me a window into not only what makes you tick but how females view domestic violence & other issues of the day from their vantage point.

Yeah, I could see how that would be disappointing NFLfan. I'd be a little bummed out too if I was hoping to meet a regular forum member in the flesh & didn't. Hey who won the game? NY or INDY? You have a good sense of humor too. I'm glad that it looks like that your elite RB will be returning to the Vikings too. Zim needs him as a security blanket for Bridgewater.

LOL! Yep, I'm a bit of a movie buff. Roger Ebert 2.0. I'm trying to get more accustomed to films with subtitles in them but it's more challenging than I thought. I'm trying to broaden my horizons with some Japanese animation films too on a different country & cultural level as well.

In any event, I respect you, your Vikings, & your insights NFLfan. Keep dropping your knowledge into the enigma that is the opposite sex. SW1 needs all the help I can get. :P

Merci! I don't know if you are being sarcastic about my having a sense of humor. Lol. The members here make me laugh every day. :D

You know quite well that the Colts annihilated the Giants that Monday night last November. I had a great time but the ride home with my friend was not a happy one for him.

I've been a member of this board and it's various forms for probably 10 years. I don't post as often as I have in the past. But I am here daily.

I get my Colts news from here and I get a pulse on what others are saying about it. I do know some Colts fans but not well. There is a good base in Louisville, but my fandom is fairly isolated.

I love this forum and live in it.

• 1 month later...

attachicon.gifme and denise.jpg

I like the scary clown face.  Life would be boring without diversity. Especially with boring avatars like this girl's.....YAWN!

Your avatar conveys courage that most don't have & a beautiful smile boring ... not

My avatar represents me well simply put my size & east L.A demeanor scares people on a daily basis only my hair is blonde & I always have a good tan .  A boring avatar would be a Pence pic double yawn .

Actually, it's hilarious!  It just shows how twisted and bizarre a 48 year old mother of 6 can be.  STRANGE WOMAN!!!!!

Oh no. Excuse me for being forward, but that is a very attractive woman, and I didn't get it (Is that you or....?). I was just skimming through and I didn't get the reference to Adonis' avatar. 

I went back and reviewed the posts and I just started laughing so hard I became worried that I had a legitimate medical issue, but I couldn't picture myself calling 911 and saying "Help me, I can't stop laughing and it hurts. Send a firetruck or something". 

Oh no. Excuse me for being forward, but that is a very attractive woman, and I didn't get it (Is that you or....?). I was just skimming through and I didn't get the reference to Adonis' avatar. 

I went back and reviewed the posts and I just started laughing so hard I became worried that I had a legitimate medical issue, but I couldn't picture myself calling 911 and saying "Help me, I can't stop laughing and it hurts. Send a firetruck or something". 

After I looked back at it, I did the same.  At my desk.  I'm sure everyone at my office was wondering what was going on.  Attractive woman....not so much.  Haggard and worn out....yes.  Actually, it is me.  I was making fun of myself for putting up just a picture of myself instead of finding a creative avatar like a skunk...or a demented clown.  You guys are much more creative than I am!  

Attractive woman....not so much.  Haggard and worn out....yes.  Actually, it is me.  I was making fun of myself for putting up just a picture of myself instead of finding a creative avatar like a skunk...or a demented clown.  

:puhleeze:  Your attempts at self deprecating humor certainly worked, but I have some great measure of disagreeance with your self-evaluation. Thank you for the morning laugh, but I disagree with your summary. 

:puhleeze:  Your attempts at self deprecating humor certainly worked, but I have some great measure of disagreeance with your self-evaluation. Thank you for the morning laugh, but I disagree with your summary. 

Thank you my friend.  You reminded me of the movie Elf.  "I LOVE laughing.  Laughing's my favorite."  If I can have several good laughs a day....then it's a good day!

I love it too since I started using the ignore button, a great feature, this button makes the forum a peaceful place, the smart guys, troublemakers, know it alls, trolls, football experts, name callers, fan judges, word police, English teachers, defense experts, offense experts, coaching experts, and posters who just want to cut other posters down, can read their own wise cracks, I don't have to see them

I love it too since I started using the ignore button, a great feature, this button makes the forum a peaceful place, the smart guys, troublemakers, know it alls, trolls, football experts, name callers, fan judges, word police, English teachers, defense experts, offense experts, coaching experts, and posters who just want to cut other posters down, can read their own wise cracks, I don't have to see them

haha    does that leave you anyone to communicate with..???  :P