Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rob's FA and Mock Draft

Resign: Darius Butler, Cory Redding (1yr), Joe Reitz, Sergio Brown, Andy Studebaker, Colt Anderson, Mike Adams (1yr), Jerrell Freeman, Matt Overton, & Dan Boom Herron.

Release: Trent Richardson, Shaun Phillips, Donald Thomas, & Gosder Cherilus

FA Signings:

Cecil Shorts WR (1yr deal)

Stefen Wisniewski C (2yr deal)

James Carpenter G (2-3yr deal)

Jason Worilds OLB (3yr deal)

Dan Williams NT (3yr deal)

Antrel Rolle S (1yr deal)

2015 Draft:

R1: Paul Dawson OLB TCU

R2 : Cedric Ogbuehi OT/G Texas A&M

R3 : Kurtis Drummond S Michigan St.

R4 : Tevin Coleman RB Indiana

R5 : Tyler Lockett WR/KR Kansas State

R6 : Imoan Claiborne CB Northwestern St.

R6 : Marcus Rush DE Michigan State

R7 : Connor Halliday QB Washington State

Be easy on me, it's my first time. haha

Also, I think Dawson will be a 2nd personally.

You think? I watched a couple videos of him and he looks like a damn stud. I absolutely love his play. He's fast, great tackler, and has ability to drop back in coverage. Someone we need desperately over Freeman or D'Qwell.

You think? I watched a couple videos of him and he looks like a damn stud. I absolutely love his play. He's fast, great tackler, and has ability to drop back in coverage. Someone we need desperately over Freeman or D'Qwell.

Yeah, I think he had some character concerns, and maybe some off the field trouble. I wasn't big on him at first, but I'm starting to really, really like him. We need a playmaking ILB who can cover like him.

Also, Worilds, Williams, Rolle, and Dawson would drastically improve our defense. And I'm starting to warm up to Cecil Shorts, considering we already have guys with size in Moncrief and Carter.

I agree. Our defense needs a lot of talent to get us that extra push to the next level. Hopefully that level equals beating the patriots during the playoffs or a super bowl win of course. I feel like we usually sign a FA WR 1 year deal with a veteran guy. Cecil could be the next guy at a cheap 1 year deal. I do feel like Nicks started to pick up but he was constantly contained.

I think we can if we designate him as a June 1st cut. I don't know how much we'd save, but I think it may be enough to make Grigs actually think about doing it considering the severity of his injury.

Even as a June 1st cut, we would not save any money this year against the cap. We would for next year, but the way the contract is structured, we should keep him and hope he is healthy. Next year is the year to cut him, although we will still take a good dead money hit, at least if it is a june 1 designation, it will be worth it.

Even as a June 1st cut, we would not save any money this year against the cap. We would for next year, but the way the contract is structured, we should keep him and hope he is healthy. Next year is the year to cut him, although we will still take a good dead money hit, at least if it is a june 1 designation, it will be worth it.

If the Colts use the post-june 1st designation on Cherilus this year we would gain $4 million in cap room this season.

Coleman will be a 2nd or 3rd rounder probably. Lockett will probably be 3rd rounder too. I like the FA though. The O-Line would be fixed in this scenario.

There are actually a few sites that have Tevin Coleman falling to the 4th round. Not sure why his stock is dipping but the poster isn't off.

True. Or I was kinda thinking to draft a tackle and the rest all defense. Sign a FA RB - Ingram, Spiller, Asiata, Vareen. I feel we need to draft a really good inside line backer who can drop in coverage and we will be needing a safety after cutting Landry and Adams is old. Just a few thoughts too.

I don't get it Cherlius had one bad season due to injury and everybody wants to cut him, last year he was our second best Linemen

Don't get me wrong, I like Cherilus but he has a very bad knee injury. I don't see him being healthy another whole season. We could get nice Tackle in the draft and save $4M. Or who knows, Grigs could do both and keep Cherilus.

I don't get it Cherlius had one bad season due to injury and everybody wants to cut him, last year he was our second best Linemen

He has a degenerative knee condition. He might never finish a season healthy again, and we just saw how bad he can look when he's not healthy. Cut bait and run.