Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw cited for pot possession

MTC

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree but it still can get them, suspended?

Not directly. A player would have to fail a league drug test to get suspended for marijuana. However, the league could technically find a guy in violation of the personal conduct policy for having possession of an illegal substance, but that's quite a stretch.

To think we might be getting a stigma from other fans as a bunch of thugs. Indy used to be a team not to worry about in the offseason.

We may not have the "squeaky clean" image we used to have, but I don't think we have anywhere near as bad of a reputation as you are imagining.  We follow the Colts, our media reports it, and we discuss it on the forum so it seems like a much more prominent story than it truly is.  Most of this stuff is a nothing but a media sound bite or "blip on the radar" to fans in other areas of other teams. Not saying some of these offseason issues are good things, but certainly not as bad as many are making it out to be. 

Ok...    you are a genius beyond... others.. ?   ;)

LOL...    just google it grasshopper..  K

or maybe look up lake county circa 1991, st rd 31 and maybe you might get some insight into something YOU obviously have NO clue what you are talking about.   And it can be found. without names...      but you already know that don't you?   jeexzzz   

It is ok to admit you are not the smartest * on the web every once in a while.    It really is..

See you all draft time kids...  I can't take any more of this apathy. 

Yeah, I don't need to ask a state trooper whether s/he can smell marijuana in a moving car on the highway, from another car.

or maybe look up lake county circa 1991, st rd 31 and maybe you might get some insight into something YOU obviously have NO clue what you are talking about.   And it can be found. without names...      but you already know that don't you?   jeexzzz   

It is ok to admit you are not the smartest * on the web every once in a while.    It really is..

Good heavens...

Yeah, see you draft time.

I must be totally lost ... I thought Superman was sarcastically suggesting that they were pulled over for something bogus and than the cop made up some lame reason to do a search and only than discovered some weed.  And was not really saying a cop does not have the ability to sometimes smell weed through an open car window if he had stopped them for some legitimate reason after they had been smoking in the car.  :thinking:

Can't smell it from outside the car on the highway, though.

Well with the windows rolled down yeah definitely even if you are driving behind them, with the windows rolled up you can smell it if you are around the car in general. The potency on modern day marijuana is not comparable to anything from even 2 decades ago.

If I was an officer who walked up to a car you could easily smell it with the windows rolled up pending on the potency of the herb...

I must be totally lost ... I thought Superman was sarcastically suggesting that they were pulled over for something bogus and than the cop made up some lame reason to do a search and only than discovered some weed.  And was not really saying a cop does not have the ability to sometimes smell weed through an open car window if he had stopped them for some legitimate reason after they had been smoking in the car.  :thinking:

You're not lost at all.

Not directly. A player would have to fail a league drug test to get suspended for marijuana. However, the league could technically find a guy in violation of the personal conduct policy for having possession of an illegal substance, but that's quite a stretch.

Leveon Bell

If this is true.. .   this just goes back to a THEME I brought up mid season with this team as far as penalties, and drops, and all the other "discipline" issues...  

NO ACCOUNTABILITY ON THIS THIS TEAM...          NOT ANY, NO PRESSURE FROM A COACH TO CATCH THE BALL, PLAY DISCIPLINED FOOTBALL, OR JUST ACT RIGHT.....          OR ELSE...

NO ACCOUNTABILITY TO ACT RIGHT OFF THE FIELD BECAUSE THE COACH HAS YOUR BACK.   

THIS has got to end...   NOW..   Chuck is running a clown show.      on the field and off..    How is this team expected to beat NE when so many cannot stay out of trouble and do the basic things in life to succeed?  

This is just bad...   I am so disappointed in AB...    WELL...   

Melvin Gordin...    go get him.

So it's all Chucks fault? So Chuck has his back on this? If I am not mistaken I think a couple of ex Colts players were let go because of off field issues? You are ranting and pointing fingers at the air.

It's the loose "atmosphere" that coach Chuck Strong is promoting.   

It is NOT working.     Chuck feels like he "OWES" so many because of the whole cancer thing.     Time to put it to bed and and be an NFL coach . .     Friends get you fired.        Fast.  

Sorry JD, I can't believe you bring up cancer. I haven't seen where Chuck is personal friends with Bradshaw. Time to put you over reaction to bed.

Overreact much??? You lost respect for him for a citation, he did not even get arrested. Do you realize how easy it is to get a citation for something like this?

When you work a high profile job where you're compensated greatly, you're supposed to act accordingly.

Idk about you but I've never been cited for that and I don't put myself in the position to either.

He made a mistake. It is his fault. Don't deflect who's at fault. He was cited and made a/some dumb decision(s).

When you work a high profile job where you're compensated greatly, you're supposed to act accordingly.

Idk about you but I've never been cited for that and I don't put myself in the position to either.

He made a mistake. It is his fault. Don't deflect who's at fault. He was cited and made a/some dumb decision(s).

He's a football player. It's not like he is a elected member of congress.

I get that ...  but are rules not rules?   

I mean come on..    EVERYONE knows the routine...    they know when the * tests come  and STILL cannot pass?

I am all for Mary Jane legalization.      Too bad I live in the state that will be the LAST to do it...

that said...     It is written...      obey.

It's not hard.       AN nfl player has ALL OFF season to get high as a kite.          BUT then ,,,         3 scheduled tests a year and all are announced.          How can one possibly # this up?

JMO    oh well...     My cousin lives in Colorado...   heehee   no worries..  hheheee

The last time I heard pot called Mary Jane was in a Tom Petty song from years ago. I think the last time Tom Petty heard it was from his parents.

Well with the windows rolled down yeah definitely even if you are driving behind them, with the windows rolled up you can smell it if you are around the car in general. The potency on modern day marijuana is not comparable to anything from even 2 decades ago.

If I was an officer who walked up to a car you could easily smell it with the windows rolled up pending on the potency of the herb...

Yeah, that's fine. I'd just like to point out that he was cited for possession, not DUI/DWI. If they were smoking, he'd have been charged with using, and probably arrested.

So again, I think it's unlikely -- I'll stop short of saying impossible, although I can't see how it could happen -- that a state trooper smelled unsmoked weed in moving car, from another car.

Chuck pretty much doesn't run anything...he hands it off to his minion coaches and then cheers on his player buddies.

Chuck really has no clue how to be a head coach...he just lets things happen.

I wonder how many years it will take Irsay to figure it out.

So your opinion is the way it is? Not hardly IMO.

Don't do us any favors.

Sigh... when your job description says you CANT DO IT ...    it does DUSTIN.

It's called responsibility.       and accountability.      THIS team has NOT ANY

What are you on about? It's weed, not a gun. He was cited, not arrested. It was possession, not driving under the influence. His passenger was the one arrested. R.E.L.A.X.

Let the great one take the "toke" challenge and press his or HER luck...   hheeheee 

\

So let me get this straight...You're outraged that a player was a with a friend who was arrested for having marijuana but if "the price was right" you'd welcome Greg Hardy, a man who threw a woman on a pile of assault rifles and told her to pick which one she wanted him to kill her with, all because he can get to the QB. 

K.

He isn't acting any differently than the majority of the employees in the organization in which he is employed ... he just happened to get unlucky. 

I have never been cited or arrested for it either ... but given my lifestyle when I was younger, it's probably only because of the "luck of the draw".  Although. I have known people who got arrested for such ridiculous things as a tiny roach lost under a years worth of change in the ashtray, or where someone had sat in the passenger seat in their car and smoked at a party and dropped a couple specs on the the floor.

While things like this could probably technically have been avoided, often its just bad luck rather than a conscious "dumb decision".

He has to abide by special rules otherwise he loses his job. Not saying this warrants a suspension, but he can't hang around people that break the law.

Asking an NFL player not hang around people who "break the law" by smoking weed is unrealistic ... because you would be asking them to avoid hanging out with most other players as well as most other people their age with some level of celebrity and money... It's just never going to happen.

He isn't acting any differently than the majority of the employees in the organization in which he is employed ... he just happened to get unlucky.

I have never been cited or arrested for it either ... but given my lifestyle when I was younger, it's probably only because of the "luck of the draw". Although. I have known people who got arrested for such ridiculous things as a tiny roach lost under a years worth of change in the ashtray, or where someone had sat in the passenger seat in their car and smoked at a party and dropped a couple specs on the the floor.

While things like this could probably technically have been avoided, often its just bad luck rather than a conscious "dumb decision".

Asking an NFL player not hang around people who "break the law" by smoking weed is unrealistic ... because you would be asking them to avoid hanging out with most other players as well as most other people their age with some level of celebrity and money... It's just never going to happen.

Most other players? Do you think everyone smokes weed?

He just has a lack of discipline of he's doing that in the off-season. He's a professional athlete. Smoking destroys your lungs.