Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stefen Wisniewski

I still believe we need a good center. One who has proved himself. I believe Holmes and Harrison both made progress this year, but if we good get a good center, at a fair price in FA, I believe it would be worth it. Wisniewski has played four years for the Raiders, is young (25) and only missed three games in that time. He has a solid center for them. I thought for sure the Raiders would resign him quickly, especially with all the cap space they have, yet they are arguing over what I consider peanuts for a Center who has been very good, no small feat when playing for Oakland. Here is the byline that came out just awhile ago:

Raiders center Stefen is set to hit free agency after he and the team were unable to agree on a contract extension during the season, reports ESPN.com. Wisniewski has missed only three starts in his first four years.

Wisniewski, who made $938,000 in base salary last year, likely is looking for $3 million or more annually, the report said.

3M a year does not sound like much for a quality center. I would be happy to have him as our center for that price tag. So do we go forward with what we have, or do we sign someone else?

Bring him in!! Atleast try and negotiate a good deal. I just saw a small highlight of him. He opens up running lanes better than any of our centers, and plays nasty up front. Our LT and LG are set, although I do worry how we can fix the right side of the line

I wouldn't mind at all if we signed him. He's probably the best FA center available, but we absolutely have to bring in a G first and foremost, then possibly a RT since Cherilus may not be 100% again. I think Holmes can develop into a solid starting Center too. He wasn't great those last couple games but he played decent.

Here's a thought say we bring in Win and Franklin we already brought it in Heenan if he works out t be really good and Cherilius struggles we put Heenan in at LG move Mewhort to RT. then we got. Ca/Hee/Win/Fran/Mew with Back ups Thorton, Reitz, Holmes, maybe Harrison? Thoughts?

Grigs is already talking about giving Heenan a look there. Grigs seems to be so caught up in versatile guys which is fine but man how about a GOOD C and a GOOD RG

I don't see a vet coming in at C heck we had one who was playing pretty well so we benched him

I still believe we need a good center. One who has proved himself. I believe Holmes and Harrison both made progress this year, but if we good get a good center, at a fair price in FA, I believe it would be worth it. Wisniewski has played four years for the Raiders, is young (25) and only missed three games in that time. He has a solid center for them. I thought for sure the Raiders would resign him quickly, especially with all the cap space they have, yet they are arguing over what I consider peanuts for a Center who has been very good, no small feat when playing for Oakland. Here is the byline that came out just awhile ago:

Raiders center Stefen is set to hit free agency after he and the team were unable to agree on a contract extension during the season, reports ESPN.com. Wisniewski has missed only three starts in his first four years.

Wisniewski, who made $938,000 in base salary last year, likely is looking for $3 million or more annually, the report said.

3M a year does not sound like much for a quality center. I would be happy to have him as our center for that price tag. So do we go forward with what we have, or do we sign someone else?

Tough decision. But, I think the team sticks with Holmes and hope that he stays healthy. Harrison is the backup. It would be nice to have a guy like Wisneiwski but with 2 young Center's I doubt the team invests that king of $ in a center.

Bringing Orlando Franklin in as a guard might be a pretty solid replacement for Donald Thomas.

Wisnewski may not be bad either at center, however I still like Holmes as long as he can stay healthy.

I woldn't cry though if we bought in Wisnewski and used Holmes as the backup. 

If we could get both Wisnewski and Franklin I think those would be really solid moves.  Also if we could add C.J. Spiller to that mix along with Terrance Knighton on defense I'd be pretty satisfied.  For those that want Iupati at

gaurd instead of Franklin I'm down with that too!

Bringing Orlando Franklin in as a guard might be a pretty solid replacement for Donald Thomas.

Wisnewski may not be bad either at center, however I still like Holmes as long as he can stay healthy.

If we could get both Wisnewski and Franklin I think those would be really solid moves.  Also if we could add C.J. Spiller to that mix along with Terrance Knighton on defense I'd be pretty satisfied.  For those that want Iupati at

I'd like to bring one of the top guards available and then another good one and move Mewhort to RT, a more natural position for him. Leave Holmes at center and give him a chance to develop. Our line started playing better when he was in at center last season.

See I think the oline I listed above would be great and I think if Win really would come for $3mil a year we could possibly get him and Franklin for the price of Lupati

I'd like to bring one of the top guards available and then another good one and move Mewhort to RT, a more natural position for him. Leave Holmes at center and give him a chance to develop. Our line started playing better when he was in at center last season.

I don't know.  If Cherilus is healthy I say we draft a quality young tackle to groom behind him for most of the year.  We'll see what happens I guess.

The line we field needs to have consistency to it so it can gel. How many times in the last 3 years has the line been the same. It is like we have interchangable pieces each offseason. Castanzo has been the only constant. The thing I like about Wisniewski is he has only missed four games in four years. I don't know if we will get a shot at him because it would be silly for the Raiders to let him go with all the cap space they have, and how hard it is to find a quality, consistent center. 3M is small potatoes when you look at what top notch centers make. Not suggesting he is Mack, but still 3M is a bargain for him.

Ok back to my main point. I want a line where we can reasonably say year in and year out, this is going to be our starting lineup. We may have not had the best line when Peyton was here, but we had some continuity at the most important position, Center. Especially with a very smart QB. Same thing we need with Luck. Holmes is very smart, but until he shows consistency, I am uneasy about him. Please just give us a starting lineup who is solid, and does not have a history of being hurt. We can't say that now except for Castanzo.

I don't know.  If Cherilus is healthy I say we draft a quality young tackle to groom behind him for most of the year.  We'll see what happens I guess.

I wouldn't mind this but I'd rather use the draft for other pieces and build the line more through fa. But that's what makes this time of year so exciting, waiting and wondering what is going to happen.

I wouldn't mind this but I'd rather use the draft for other pieces and build the line more through fa. But that's what makes this time of year so exciting, waiting and wondering what is going to happen.

I wouldn't be surprised this time to see them draft a tackle.  Irsay and Co emphasized getting stronger in the trenches after the Patriot loss.   They didn't make any specification as to which side so I'm assuming in the draft they'll probably spend their best draft picks addressing both sides if not addressed in FA.