Josh Chapman

Re-Sign:

Matt Hasselbeck

Darius Butler

Joe Reitz

Sergio Brown

Boom Herron

Draft:

Trade back with San Francisco and receive 49ers 2nd and 3rd. 46th and 79th overall

Round 2 pick 46) Denzel Perryman ILB

Round 2 pick 61) Dorial Green Beckham WR

Round 3 pick 79) Tevin Coleman RB

Round 3 pick 93) Cody Prewitt FS

Round 4) Jaquiski Tartt SS

Round 5) Charles Gaines CB

Round 6) Marcus Hardison DT

Round 6) Deshazor Everett CB/S

Round 7) AJ Johnson ILB

Free Agency:

Mike Iupati

Joe Barksdale

CJ Spiller

Duron Carter

Terrence Knighton

Brian Orakpo (1 year deal)

Walter Thurmond (1 year deal)

Darnell Dockett (He's expected to be cut)

Antrel Rolle

Roster:

QB: Andrew Luck, Matt Hasselbeck

RB: Tevin Coleman, CJ Spiller, Boom Herron, Vick Ballard,

TE:  Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, Jack Doyle

WR: TY Hilton, Dontae Moncrief, Dorial Green Beckham, Duron Carter, Griff Whalen

OL:  Anthony Castanzo, Mike Iupati, Khaled Holmes, Jack Mewhort, Joe Barksdale

Joe Reitz, Jonathan Harrison, Hugh Thornton, Ulrich John.

DL:  Arthur Jones, Terrence Knighton, Darnell Dockett, Ricky Jean Francois, Montori Hughes, Zach Kerr, 

Marcus Hardison

ILB:  D'Qwell Jackson, Denzel Perryman, Andrew Jackson, AJ Johnson. Henoc Muamba

OLB: Robert Mathis, Brian Orakpo, Jonathan Newsome, Erik Walden, Bjorn Werner

CB:  Vontae Davis, Greg Toler, Darius Butler, Walter Thurmond, Charles Gaines, Deshazor Everett

S:   Cody Prewitt, Antrel Rolle, Jaquiski Tartt, Sergio Brown

K/P/LS: Adam Vinatieri, Pat MacAfee, Matt Overton

It may look at first like I have us spending big money in FA, but I believe we can get both Orakpo and Thurmond on 1 year deals, and most likely Spiller too. We would still be building through the draft for the most part with my strategy. Guys like Tartt may need a year to develop, so Rolle would be a really nice SS for next season, then Tartt could take over if he shows the ability. The biggest signings money wise would be Iupati, Barksdale, and Knighton. Guys like Dockett and Rolle would be short term solutions but they're still capable of playing at a high level. There isn't much difference in signing them or bringing back Redding and Adams except Rolle and Dockett are much better options, and make the team better IMO. I think this would make us one of the top 2 or 3 best teams in the NFL if not the best. Our O Line would immediately be fixed. Our run game would be fixed. Our run defense would be drastically improved. Our pass rush would likely be elite. We'd have an ILB and Safeties who can cover, and we'd have depth at CB.

If we could get Orakpo, Thurmond, and Spiller on 1 year deals, and I think we can, it would be fine financially. We have a lot of cap room this offseason even before the cap goes up a little. As for the draft I think Green Beckham may even be there in the 3rd given his reputation off the field.

If we could get Orakpo, Thurmond, and Spiller on 1 year deals, and I think we can, it would be fine financially. We have a lot of cap room this offseason even before the cap goes up a little. As for the draft I think Green Beckham may even be there in the 3rd given his reputation off the field.

I don't see any of them signing a 1 year deal anywhere. They're all too young and talented that some team will throw decent money and at least a 2-3 yr contract.

Cuts:

Laron Landry

Shawn Phillips

Gosder Cherilus (June 1st)

Donald Thomas

Trent Richardson

Josh Chapman

Re-Sign:

Matt Hasselbeck

Darius Butler

Joe Reitz

Sergio Brown

Boom Herron

Draft:

Trade back with San Francisco and receive 49ers 2nd and 3rd. 46th and 79th overall

Round 7) AJ Johnson ILB

Free Agency:

Mike Iupati

Joe Barksdale

CJ Spiller

Duron Carter

Terrence Knighton

Antrel Rolle

Roster:

RB: Tevin Coleman, CJ Spiller, Boom Herron, Vick Ballard,

TE:  Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, Jack Doyle

WR: TY Hilton, Dontae Moncrief, Dorial Green Beckham, Duron Carter, Griff Whalen

OL:  Anthony Castanzo, Mike Iupati, Khaled Holmes, Jack Mewhort, Joe Barksdale

DL:  Arthur Jones, Terrence Knighton, Darnell Dockett, Ricky Jean Francois, Montori Hughes, Zach Kerr, 

Marcus Hardison

ILB:  D'Qwell Jackson, Denzel Perryman, Andrew Jackson, AJ Johnson. Henoc Muamba

CB:  Vontae Davis, Greg Toler, Darius Butler, Walter Thurmond, Charles Gaines, Deshazor Everett

S:   Cody Prewitt, Antrel Rolle, Jaquiski Tartt, Sergio Brown

It may look at first like I have us spending big money in FA, but I believe we can get both Orakpo and Thurmond on 1 year deals, and most likely Spiller too. We would still be building through the draft for the most part with my strategy. Guys like Tartt may need a year to develop, so Rolle would be a really nice SS for next season, then Tartt could take over if he shows the ability. The biggest signings money wise would be Iupati, Barksdale, and Knighton. Guys like Dockett and Rolle would be short term solutions but they're still capable of playing at a high level. There isn't much difference in signing them or bringing back Redding and Adams except Rolle and Dockett are much better options, and make the team better IMO. I think this would make us one of the top 2 or 3 best teams in the NFL if not the best. Our O Line would immediately be fixed. Our run game would be fixed. Our run defense would be drastically improved. Our pass rush would likely be elite. We'd have an ILB and Safeties who can cover, and we'd have depth at CB.

You must think the Colts get a $200 Million salary cap while the rest of the NFL plays at $140 next year.

Either that,  or your crunching numbers using a type of math never seen before.....

I'm no cap expert by any means, but I don't see why this cant be done under the right circumstances. So again if we could get Orakpo, Thurmond, and Spiller on 1year deals it wouldn't be a problem cap wise as we could end up with close to 45 or 50 million in cap space this season. Obviously we couldn't sign all these guys to big, long term contracts. I don't see Dockett getting too much more than Redding if he's cut, and we could structure his and Rolle's contracts in a way where they could be released after a year or 2 without a cap hit I would think. The only long term contracts we would have to plan for would be Iupati, Barksdale, and Knighton. The other guys would be luxury players while we have the cap space, and until we draft replacements, and until players like Newsome develop. My list of FA's just look like a lot because if we don't cut Cherilus or Landry, and we re-signed Redding and Adams, I'd have us signing 3 less players but it actually wouldn't be that much different cap wise.

No way all the first four picks fall that far. Most expect Beckham to go first round, and although he has problems off the field, his talent is too much to go that late. Coleman could fall, I just don't know with RB's anymore. Perryman and Prewitt are two of the players I really want, but I would be happy if one fell that far. My true hope is Shaq Thompson has a bad combine, and he falls to 29. Otherwise, a trade back would be fine. I really like Prewitt's ball skills. Perryman and Prewitt would both start day one. I really like the FA's except Lupati is just going to be too expensive. The market has been set for elite guards at around 8-9M, and that is too much, especially with all the tackles in this draft. I would be happy to take Jake Fisher if we traded back with one of our second round picks, and let him start at guard.

Cuts:

Laron Landry

Shawn Phillips

Gosder Cherilus (June 1st)

Donald Thomas

Trent Richardson

Josh Chapman

Re-Sign:

Matt Hasselbeck

Darius Butler

Joe Reitz

Sergio Brown

Boom Herron

Draft:

Round 7) AJ Johnson ILB

Free Agency:

Mike Iupati

Joe Barksdale

CJ Spiller

Duron Carter

Terrence Knighton

Antrel Rolle

Roster:

RB: Tevin Coleman, CJ Spiller, Boom Herron, Vick Ballard,

TE: Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, Jack Doyle

OL: Anthony Castanzo, Mike Iupati, Khaled Holmes, Jack Mewhort, Joe Barksdale

DL: Arthur Jones, Terrence Knighton, Darnell Dockett, Ricky Jean Francois, Montori Hughes, Zach Kerr,

Marcus Hardison

ILB: D'Qwell Jackson, Denzel Perryman, Andrew Jackson, AJ Johnson. Henoc Muamba

CB: Vontae Davis, Greg Toler, Darius Butler, Walter Thurmond, Charles Gaines, Deshazor Everett

S: Cody Prewitt, Antrel Rolle, Jaquiski Tartt, Sergio Brown

It may look at first like I have us spending big money in FA, but I believe we can get both Orakpo and Thurmond on 1 year deals, and most likely Spiller too. We would still be building through the draft for the most part with my strategy. Guys like Tartt may need a year to develop, so Rolle would be a really nice SS for next season, then Tartt could take over if he shows the ability. The biggest signings money wise would be Iupati, Barksdale, and Knighton. Guys like Dockett and Rolle would be short term solutions but they're still capable of playing at a high level. There isn't much difference in signing them or bringing back Redding and Adams except Rolle and Dockett are much better options, and make the team better IMO. I think this would make us one of the top 2 or 3 best teams in the NFL if not the best. Our O Line would immediately be fixed. Our run game would be fixed. Our run defense would be drastically improved. Our pass rush would likely be elite. We'd have an ILB and Safeties who can cover, and we'd have depth at CB.

No way all the first four picks fall that far. Most expect Beckham to go first round, and although he has problems off the field, his talent is too much to go that late. Coleman could fall, I just don't know with RB's anymore. Perryman and Prewitt are two of the players I really want, but I would be happy if one fell that far. My true hope is Shaq Thompson has a bad combine, and he falls to 29. Otherwise, a trade back would be fine. I really like Prewitt's ball skills. Perryman and Prewitt would both start day one. I really like the FA's except Lupati is just going to be too expensive. The market has been set for elite guards at around 8-9M, and that is too much, especially with all the tackles in this draft. I would be happy to take Jake Fisher if we traded back with one of our second round picks, and let him start at guard.

Most likely your going to be right about the first 4 picks. We'll know a lot more after the combine obviously. My reasoning was the mock draft projections. I looked at a couple before posting and one had both Prewitt and Coleman in the 3rd, and Perryman and DGB in the 2nd. One had us selecting Prewitt in the 3rd, with Coleman being the pick right before. If I truly had to guess though I'd say Perryman becomes a 1st rounder then Prewitt and Coleman in the 2nd. DGB could go anywhere from top 20 pick to 3rd round IMO.

I'm no cap expert by any means, but I don't see why this cant be done under the right circumstances. So again if we could get Orakpo, Thurmond, and Spiller on 1year deals it wouldn't be a problem cap wise as we could end up with close to 45 or 50 million in cap space this season. Obviously we couldn't sign all these guys to big, long term contracts. I don't see Dockett getting too much more than Redding if he's cut, and we could structure his and Rolle's contracts in a way where they could be released after a year or 2 without a cap hit I would think. The only long term contracts we would have to plan for would be Iupati, Barksdale, and Knighton. The other guys would be luxury players while we have the cap space, and until we draft replacements, and until players like Newsome develop. My list of FA's just look like a lot because if we don't cut Cherilus or Landry, and we re-signed Redding and Adams, I'd have us signing 3 less players but it actually wouldn't be that much different cap wise.

Give me some numbers for your free agents, just years and total money. I'll see if you can survive 2015.

I like every pick in your draft except Beckham. If you're going to go WR that early take a guy without off the field issues. Don't want the Colts to end up with a Josh Gordan on their roster. Alot of prospects with off the field issues are proving why you should avoid drafting them. Johnny Manziel is in rehab, Gordon is suspended....again, Rodgers isn't on a team, and Purifoy didn't work.

I like every pick in your draft except Beckham. If you're going to go WR that early take a guy without off the field issues. Don't want the Colts to end up with a Josh Gordan on their roster. Alot of prospects with off the field issues are proving why you should avoid drafting them. Johnny Manziel is in rehab, Gordon is suspended....again, Rodgers isn't on a team, and Purifoy didn't work.

I agree, normally I am all for gambling on high upside players with some off the field issues. Any other year I might be game to gamble a 2nd on him, but I think this offseason is going to be huge in determining our success going forward we need Grigson to make some solid choices in both the draft and FA if the Colts are going to take the next step.

If he wants to gamble this year he should stick to our 7ths and UDFAs.

I agree, normally I am all for gambling on high upside players with some off the field issues. Any other year I might be game to gamble a 2nd on him, but I think this offseason is going to be huge in determining our success going forward we need Grigson to make some solid choices in both the draft and FA if the Colts are going to take the next step.

If he wants to gamble this year he should stick to our 7ths and UDFAs.

Exactly. No one will have as much raw talent that Beckham has, but I'd rather take a project WR that is just going to focus on working to get better, rather than a guy who you don't know if he'll go out and get involved with drugs.