Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Owners, GMs, and Head Coaches are sick of New England pushing the envelope. Wants the NFL to take a hard line.

Dustin

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I am just telling you what Schefter is reporting. They can't find any evidence and now the Pats have all day to talk about it before the league rules. This goes back to my PR background, the league will talk about this after Brady's presser and I am thinking this is all going away. I could be wrong but that is just my feel ... league will not release its ruling if it is nothing or minor without letting the Pats explain as the media explosion would be cataclysmic.

The league can't stop the Pats from talking about this. And there's no reason to try.

And I just can't understand this whole "no evidence" angle, unless we're arguing that the laws of physics on the Pats sideline are different from those on the Colts sideline. All 12 balls were under inflated. That is the evidence.

The league can't stop the Pats from talking about this. And there's no reason to try.

And I just can't understand this whole "no evidence" angle, unless we're arguing that the laws of physics on the Pats sideline are different from those on the Colts sideline. All 12 balls were under inflated. That is the evidence.

depends on how they got deflated. That is what is missing and also if the psi was checked at pregame inspection ...

Difference is Payton was found lying to the NFL. This will be different because it is a multiple offense but still would apply the "ignorance is not an excuse" unless that person is Goodell in regards to obtaining security footage.

When was Payton found lying?

Don't need proof Belichick knew about it. Pretty sure there was no proof Sean Payton knee about Bountygate. He got a year. That precedent is well established in the NFL.

At this point in time , nothing will surprise me. Could be major penalties or could be a slap on the wrist. I think if the later , there will be a very large contingent of irate fans. If the NFL comes out and says they have no proof as Schefter is reporting , Goodell will be a laughing stock.

At this point in time , nothing will surprise me. Could be major penalties or could be a slap on the wrist. I think if the later , there will be a very large contingent of irate fans. If the NFL comes out and says they have no proof as Schefter is reporting , Goodell will be a laughing stock.

Yes he will. It is like you said. Hard to prove and you don't launch this investigation based on one ball feeling kind of light from a LB. You have to be able to prove it. The league should have squashed this on Monday ...

depends on how they got deflated. That is what is missing and also if the psi was checked at pregame inspection ...

You're not reading the stories.   The balls were inspected and PSI was confirmed prior to the game.   From that point on,  the balls were only in control of the Patriots.     They're the only ones who could have deflated the balls.

And it's now coming out via coaches comments and other QB's comments,  that this is likely all going to trace back to none other than the guy who complained the loudest and denied it the most.....

Tom Brady.      The same Tom Brady who back in 2011 told WEEI that he preferred a deflated football.

He likely went to the ballboy and had the kid do it.......

The cover-up? Yeah well, that's what Belichick did today, IMO.

Either way, he's responsible for what happens on his sideline. And he's a repeat offender. He won't get a year, but I do think he should be suspended.

How is he covering up? He said talk to Tom who preps and handles the game balls.

Yes he will. It is like you said. Hard to prove and you don't launch this investigation based on one ball feeling kind of light from a LB. You have to be able to prove it. The league should have squashed this on Monday ...

What are you talking about? Is this the 12 stages of grief?

How anyone can pretend that the Pats didn't intentionally deflate their game balls is beyond me.

Because of what happened,  ALL 12 FOOTBALLS WERE RE-INSPECTED AT HALFTIME and THAT'S WHEN they were found to be well below the minimum level allowed.     They were then re-inflated for the 2nd half.

The investigation started Monday......

I don't think you're going to be able to blame somebody else for this.... 

He basically threw Brady under the bus. 'If it happened, it wasn't me, talk to that guy.'

Either way, ignorance won't be excused. And I really don't buy it. I don't think there's anything that happens on game day that Belichick isn't at least aware of, if not involved in.

It would take naivety to the umpteenth degree to believe a guy who says they take many steps to alter the condition practice footballs so they are in a worse condition for practice and then in the same breath state that he has no knowledge of how game balls are prepared. 

You're outdoing yourself again. Wasn't it reported that the league was already looking in to this to begin with ? Besides that fact are you saying the league should have ignored all 12 balls being under inflated ( 11 at exactly 2 LBs) because it was a LB that thought the ball was soft. Christ .. you don't even have that right . Jackson handed the ball to the equipment guy and he noticed it. The above post might be the worst in the 59 pages. Are you competing with Jerod for some kind of prize ?

It would take naivety to the umpteenth degree to believe a guy who says they take many steps to alter the condition practice footballs so they are in a worse condition for practice and then in the same breath state that he has no knowledge of how game balls are prepared.

Calling it naivety is being nice. It's flat out denial, or worse, willful delusion.

How is he covering up? He said talk to Tom who preps and handles the game balls.

He's lying. That guy would sell his wife and kids' souls to get ahead. Nothing about that guy is truthful. At least Satan admitted he screwed up. Yes I compared BB to Satan, and Satan actually won in the character department.

We will find out soon ...

We won't find out anything. He will give a smug remark and say "I'm here to talk about the game versus the Seahawks....blah bah, Gronk, Boston, whatever." If you actually think he is going to admit any wrong doing you are truly hopeless.

PSI was checked pre-game. Everybody knows that. Brady and his cronies stuck a pin in the balls and let out air. Message from Colonel Mustard, get a clue!

Calling it naivety is being nice. It's flat out denial, or worse, willful delusion.

And what's really sad about it is that nothing is likely to be done anytime before the super bowl.  I'm not sure what else they need to find for evidence of tampering.  Pats and Colts footballs weighed in correctly and were approved.  Patriots footballs were then found sometime after to be 2 PSI under the limit.  This is like people saying there's no evidence against Hernandez when 3 guys walked into the woods and only two came back alive. 

I think he accepts culpability actually ... to what degree is that interesting part.

He will obviously try to get around it by saying he was either unaware or the ball boy perhaps messed up his wishes in getting it just at the minimum. Either way someone has to go down, it's 11 balls significantly deflated after being found in compliance by the refs.

Like I just replied to you in the other thread:

I don't know how they can find him guilty, it all points to him, and you can know in your heart of hearts that Bill knew too, but this is the NFL and they are inconsistent and awful at conducting investigations and dishing out punishments. It could be a "perfect crime" in a sense they can't pin it to Brady doing it but the evidence we already know about is enough to cook him in the minds of the impartial.

I think he accepts culpability actually ... to what degree is that interesting part.

He should as it's not believable that he nor BB knew nothing about how the balls became defalted . If it were a court of law , a jury would take about 15 minutes to return a guilty verdict.

PSI was checked pre-game. Everybody knows that. Brady and his cronies stuck a pin in the balls and let out air. Message from Colonel Mustard, get a clue!

Ha, I suspect it was Deflator Tom, in the ball conservatory, with the tire-pump...

good lord I hated that game, but my sister loved playing it when we were kids...

He will obviously try to get around it by saying he was either unaware or the ball boy perhaps messed up his wishes in getting it just at the minimum. Either way someone has to go down, it's 11 balls significantly deflated after being found in compliance by the refs.

Like I just replied to you in the other thread:

I don't know how they can find him guilty, it all points to him, and you can know in your heart of hearts that Bill knew too, but this is the NFL and they are inconsistent and awful at conducting investigations and dishing out punishments. It could be a "perfect crime" in a sense they can't pin it to Brady doing it but the evidence we already know about is enough to cook him in the minds of the impartial.

I think you have it with..." or the ball boy perhaps messed up his wishes in getting it just at the minimum."   Then Goodall will probably say it was their responsibility to have properly inflated balls and give them a minor slap like losing a 3rd.

I think you have it with..." or the ball boy perhaps messed up his wishes in getting it just at the minimum."   Then Goodall will probably say it was their responsibility to have properly inflated balls and give them a minor slap like losing a 3rd.

Agreed, look they were caught cheating twice. The evidence on both is pretty damning. You could say Tom Brady is the best QB and BB is the best HC of all time but you would be wasting your breath on educated fans, that's all that matters. Could care less about suspensions or if they win, but I would like a pick of theres to make us whole and then smack them in the mouth on the field next year.

Agreed, look they were caught cheating twice. The evidence on both is pretty damning. You could say Tom Brady is the best QB and BB is the best HC of all time but you would be wasting your breath on educated fans, that's all that matters. Could care less about suspensions or if they win, but I would like a pick of theres to make us whole and then smack them in the mouth on the field next year.

I don't think there's any chance of us getting awarded one of their picks.