Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The calm before the storm.

Black-Vell

Just wanted to talk to the diehard fans a second before the madness begins.

Because 24 hours from now, the world will be scratching its head trying to figure out just how it is we are headed to the Super Bowl.

Especially since we clearly, cannot be the "best" team in the AFC.......right.

Our OFF.......decent, trending up i guess. Our DEF.......is missing our best player and features a few special team players. A 1st rnd double bust, who lost his job to the equivalent of a walk on. We can go on for hours.

But through it all.............how did we still pull it off. And just imagine what they will say about Luck beating Peyton & Tom to get to the show, to face his actual childhood idle, or the team that has never beat him.

Its about to get crazy Colts fans, get ur popcorn & camcorders ready.

Just wanted to talk to the diehard fans a second before the madness begins.

Because 24 hours from now, the world will be scratching its head trying to figure out just how it is we are headed to the Super Bowl.

Not to nitpick, but 24 hours from now we'll be watching the 3rd quarter.

I am so stinking excited for this game...I haven't been this excited for a playoff game in a long time! I'm even more excited than I was for the Denver game (which is odd). I don't have much nervousness at the moment but perhaps that's because the XANAX is doing its job (haha kidding). But seriously...I'm sure the nerves of steel will turn into nerves of noodles once the game starts....our Colts have to play top notch football.

I still feel UBER CONFIDENT here going into this game...I think we have a good shot to win. If you want the math numbers it's like a 73.5443534823483284832868325325 % chance we win. I like those odds :)

COLTS FOOOOOOOOOTTTTBALLLLLLL!!!!

Not to nitpick, but 24 hours from now we'll be watching the 3rd quarter.

Not to nitpick but who cares...COLTS FOOTBALL coming up!!! I am of course being sarcastic to you :P

Shocked. Apalled. Embarrassed. Wait a minute, these words do not accurately express how that "game" made me feel.

Warning: Graphic Images being described.

I feel worse than Green Bay should feel. And I know how Green Bay should feel, because I know a man named Hank Bassett.

I feel like someone hurt my kid in front of me.

I feel like my wife cheated on me. But not like I just found out about it years later. I'm talking like you come home early with some flowers to surprise her & hear her from the kitchen. So you quickly pray your daughter at least writes you in prison as you grab a bat & bust in the door to find your wife with ur sister. 

I feel like that was funny but not funny & i dont think i feel quite that bad, but you get my point........that game was brutal.

I know me.......and I dont recover from this kinda hurt easily. The off season is gonna be tough because I'm going to be scared to extend myself emotionally again. We looked like we didnt even deserve to share the same ball with them. I'm sorry, but the old company line will not excuse this. 

No more "project" players.

No more calling our defensive scheme "hybrid" just as an excuse to play players out of position.

No more no name players because they are cheap, mixed with last leg veterans.

No more FA WR's that their original team didnt want in the 1st place.

No more T Richardson (bust), L Landry (???), G Toler (slow), B Werner(slow), E Walden(slow), D Jackson (slow).

No more talking about building "the monster"

No more not understanding whatever this defensive scheme is suppose to be or what our DC actually does if its Pagano's scheme.

No more loyalty reward contracts to washed up Baltimore players.

No more not questioning Pagano's decisions just because he has cancer. Yeah I said it.

No more talk about power run with an MVP caliber QB, a soft in the middle OL, & a RB core so soft, every year we end up starting a 3rd string or worse RB by time the playoffs come around.

No more A Bradshaw (injury), or V Ballard (injury).

Its Year 4. We are no longer "trying to see what we got". Get guys gone that do not "fit'. I was right about 1 thing........there is a storm coming.......and it better be about change.

Shocked. Apalled. Embarrassed. Wait a minute, these words do not accurately express how that "game" made me feel.

Warning: Graphic Images being described.

I feel worse than Green Bay should feel. And I know how Green Bay should feel, because I know a man named Hank Bassett.

I feel like someone hurt my kid in front of me.

I feel like my wife cheated on me. But not like I just found out about it years later. I'm talking like you come home early with some flowers to surprise her & hear her from the kitchen. So you quickly pray your daughter at least writes you in prison as you grab a bat & bust in the door to find your wife with ur sister. 

I feel like that was funny but not funny & i dont think i feel quite that bad, but you get my point........that game was brutal.

I know me.......and I dont recover from this kinda hurt easily. The off season is gonna be tough because I'm going to be scared to extend myself emotionally again. We looked like we didnt even deserve to share the same ball with them. I'm sorry, but the old company line will not excuse this. 

No more "project" players.

No more calling our defensive scheme "hybrid" just as an excuse to play players out of position.

No more no name players because they are cheap, mixed with last leg veterans.

No more FA WR's that their original team didnt want in the 1st place.

No more T Richardson (bust), L Landry (???), G Toler (slow), B Werner(slow), E Walden(slow), D Jackson (slow).

No more talking about building "the monster"

No more not understanding whatever this defensive scheme is suppose to be or what our DC actually does if its Pagano's scheme.

No more loyalty reward contracts to washed up Baltimore players.

No more not questioning Pagano's decisions just because he has cancer. Yeah I said it.

No more talk about power run with an MVP caliber QB, a soft in the middle OL, & a RB core so soft, every year we end up starting a 3rd string or worse RB by time the playoffs come around.

No more A Bradshaw (injury), or V Ballard (injury).

Its Year 4. We are no longer "trying to see what we got". Get guys gone that do not "fit'. I was right about 1 thing........there is a storm coming.......and it better be about change.

Your spot on could not have said it any better 

Remember Toy Story 1, when Woody shouts at Buzz, "you are a toy"?

Well, replace it with "it's only a game".

Relax.

I am completely relaxed.......3 years relaxed actually........I just dont deal well with not competing on the big stage. And........its not "just a game". The Colts are a part of me. And you trying to tell me how much I can care about something is awfully antagonist. If your house burnt down, i wouldnt say "its just a house". If your goldfish died, i wouldnt say "its just a fish". Well yesterday, my Colts season died a horrible death & I'm not accepting it as quietly as the previous 2 years is all. There isnt anything wrong with that.

I am completely relaxed.......3 years relaxed actually........I just dont deal well with not competing on the big stage. And........its not "just a game". The Colts are a part of me. And you trying to tell me how much I can care about something is awfully antagonist. If your house burnt down, i wouldnt say "its just a house". If your goldfish died, i wouldnt say "its just a fish". Well yesterday, my Colts season died a horrible death & I'm not accepting it as quietly as the previous 2 years is all. There isnt anything wrong with that.

Agree and have felt that way for 54 years regarding the Colts and Pirates. As long as you take care of your family first , you have every right to care too much about your team.

in celebration of the upcoming game, the colts made a subtle change to their logo to add a little sex appeal

oldshoe_zps919389bd.pngoldshoe_zps919389bd.png

Is that what dual headlights mean? U have a bright future? Some people have a PG mind while others prefer a more provocative interpretation. Enough said SDS. Just Kidding! 

Each to their own I guess. Please carry on feeling eternally miserable.

It was not my intention to antagonise however, so you have my apologies for that.

Lol.......eternally miserable? Do you listen to yourself talk? Or are you used to people not picking up on your negative undertone? "To each their own I guess"? So, you have to be convinced everyone has a right to do and say as they please? Then even after you are convinced it is ok, you have to explain why you really dont think its ok by calling the act of verbally displaying emotion for a favorite team eternal misery? My question......why even respond? Oh, I get it........misery loves company. 

Well excuse me sir, but misery doesnt live here. Maybe if more things were going wrong I wouldnt have the time to be so FANATICAL about my Colts. But not the case, outside of an oil change, i'm good. So again braveheartcolts, thanks for making me feel better, hope you do too.

Lol.......eternally miserable? Do you listen to yourself talk? Or are you used to people not picking up on your negative undertone? "To each their own I guess"? So, you have to be convinced everyone has a right to do and say as they please? Then even after you are convinced it is ok, you have to explain why you really dont think its ok by calling the act of verbally displaying emotion for a favorite team eternal misery? My question......why even respond? Oh, I get it........misery loves company. 

Well excuse me sir, but misery doesnt live here. Maybe if more things were going wrong I wouldnt have the time to be so FANATICAL about my Colts. But not the case, outside of an oil change, i'm good. So again braveheartcolts, thanks for making me feel better, hope you do too.

My pleasure sir. I hope you have healed well. And that you don't feel like someone has harmed your kid.

Me, negative undertone? Don't be so stupid......

Cool....Bob Gregory made a thread here. 

Too much rhetoric, not enough critical thinking and reason. 

You feel so crushed and emotional because you built yourself up a bit too much. No Colts fan should've felt anything but danger going in. Expectations should've been kept reasonable. That being; If we won, it would be barely, and with an understanding that we could likely get whopped. 

Don't be so stupid......

Lol.......found you.

I knew you would eventually expose yourself as someone without the ability to deal with your emotions like an adult. Name calling.........how........ironic. Especially since you called me "emotionally miserable". Looks like you were identifying yourself in others huh. Its ok, im an adult with kids, so im used to being the imaginary bad guy. But my kids dont name call. I know your type, hypocritical of others because you are upset with your own short-comings. So you slightly poke at other ppl, (troll), then claim the high ground when you are called out on it. Its no surprise when you get poked back you resort to name calling. But sir i'm grown, & have matured past name calling over the internet. So i will apologize for whichever parent I reminded you of when I originally called you out on your nonsense, and say next time i post something, i will try to take your words into consideration so I can maybe get your highly respected approval. 

Cool....Bob Gregory made a thread here. 

Too much rhetoric, not enough critical thinking and reason. 

You feel so crushed and emotional because you built yourself up a bit too much. No Colts fan should've felt anything but danger going in. Expectations should've been kept reasonable. That being; If we won, it would be barely, and with an understanding that we could likely get whopped. 

Ill have to look up who Bob Gregory is unfortunately before can I appreciate the reference.

But moving on, I have never felt "danger" about a game? So does that mean I should have expected that we may have lost the game to New England? Because if that's a "reasonable expectation", how is maybe winning the game an unreasonable expectation? Besides, in my post, I never stated I have a problem losing, its "not showing up on the big stage" was my issue.

Notice I said "was my issue." My knee jerk reaction to the end of our season has come and gone. I'm proud to be a Colt, heck, I dont even care about Deflate Gate.  

Ill have to look up who Bob Gregory is unfortunately before can I appreciate the reference.

But moving on, I have never felt "danger" about a game? So does that mean I should have expected that we may have lost the game to New England? Because if that's a "reasonable expectation", how is maybe winning the game an unreasonable expectation? Besides, in my post, I never stated I have a problem losing, its "not showing up on the big stage" was my issue.

Notice I said "was my issue." My knee jerk reaction to the end of our season has come and gone. I'm proud to be a Colt, heck, I dont even care about Deflate Gate.  

Well, on the bright side, at least your got the part about the world scratching its head part right....;)

Lol.......found you.

I knew you would eventually expose yourself as someone without the ability to deal with your emotions like an adult. Name calling.........how........ironic. Especially since you called me "emotionally miserable". Looks like you were identifying yourself in others huh. Its ok, im an adult with kids, so im used to being the imaginary bad guy. But my kids dont name call. I know your type, hypocritical of others because you are upset with your own short-comings. So you slightly poke at other ppl, (troll), then claim the high ground when you are called out on it. Its no surprise when you get poked back you resort to name calling. But sir i'm grown, & have matured past name calling over the internet. So i will apologize for whichever parent I reminded you of when I originally called you out on your nonsense, and say next time i post something, i will try to take your words into consideration so I can maybe get your highly respected approval.

Darn it. You are so clever and you have sussed me out. I feel as is a grand piano has fallen on my dog.

On a more personable note, you do need to relax. It is not a serious business, this internet forum stuff. And read my 'negative / stupid comment' again, and see if you can work out my angle. I think you misread my intentions.

I'm not the big bad guy you think.