Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kiper/McShay Mock 1.0

Kiper has come out with his first mock....

And he has the Colts taking.......    Jaelen Strong, WR,  ASU.

McShay came out with his first mock a month ago.    And since almost no one here reads ESPN.com it got no mention here.

McShay has the Colts taking.....     La'el Collins,  OL,  LSU

Since those are my two favorite college players at this point,  I'd be very happy with either.    But, honestly,  now that we're picking no earlier than 29th,  I think the chances of either being there are roughly slim and none....    and Slim is riding out of town.....

But....

It's still very, very early in the process.....

I'd be interested see their full mocks if you could. I'm not an ESPN insider.

At this point we might be a team that will trade back. Let someone jump us to get some falling prospect. That's what usually happens to teams picking in the low 20s. If not we'll probably just take BPA, or the highest rated player on our board.

I'd be interested see their full mocks if you could. I'm not an ESPN insider.

At this point we might be a team that will trade back. Let someone jump us to get some falling prospect. That's what usually happens to teams picking in the low 20s. If not we'll probably just take BPA, or the highest rated player on our board.

Here's a full mock from CBS....http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

I don't see the Colts taking WR in the 1st round.

We won't. BPA only goes but so far. Our receiving core is terrific. Collins also won't fall that far. He'll be the 2nd lineman taken after Scherff. We'll likely get a fringe 1st/2nd round caliber player who is rated really high on our board. Look for a guy like Armstead, Perryman, McKinney, Waynes,etc...

We won't. BPA only goes but so far. Our receiving core is terrific. Collins also won't fall that far. He'll be the 2nd lineman taken after Scherff. We'll likely get a fringe 1st/2nd round caliber player who is rated really high on our board. Look for a guy like Armstead, Perryman, McKinney, Waynes,etc...

You may be right about everything you're saying.

But I think you're making way, way too many certain predictions way, way too early in the process.

In 3 months the board of every team will look completely different than it does today. 

Still to come is the combine,  the pro days,  the private work outs,  the medical testing,  the psychological profiles,  the security background checks and on and on....

Don't be sure about almost anyone at this point in the process.    I'm not kidding when I say it's way, way too early in the process.

You may be right about everything you're saying.

But I think you're making way, way too many certain predictions way, way too early in the process.

In 3 months the board of every team will look completely different than it does today. 

Still to come is the combine,  the pro days,  the private work outs,  the medical testing,  the psychological profiles,  the security background checks and on and on....

Don't be sure about almost anyone at this point in the process.    I'm not kidding when I say it's way, way too early in the process.

You're right, but I think regardless some things are likely. O lineman always go high, especially the ones from big schools. That's why I think Collins will go high regardless. It's always early for anything if you're talking before the combine. But some things are clear enough already I feel. Nothing is definite, but some is really likely.