Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

San Diego (+1) @ San Francisco (12-20-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh....they'll probably weasel their way in and come here in Jan to play the Colts. One of the few teams that have had our number over the last decade.

Can't weasel out of not playing the Chargers and the Patriots, it is looking like.

Ironically, the Chargers will be rooting for the Broncos and then the Steelers so that the Bengals, if they have 2 losses in a row (home to Broncos and on the road at Pitt) and the Ravens and Steelers win their last 2, Steelers win the division, Ravens are #5 seed and Chargers are #6 seed.

The teams that have the 2 toughest games remaining are the Bengals.

Can't weasel out of not playing the Chargers and the Patriots, it is looking like.

Ironically, the Chargers will be rooting for the Broncos and then the Steelers so that the Bengals, if they have 2 losses in a row (home to Broncos and on the road at Pitt) and the Ravens and Steelers win their last 2, Steelers win the division, Ravens are #5 seed and Chargers are #6 seed.

The teams that have the 2 toughest games remaining are the Bengals.

Cincy could easily lose those last 2 and be out

Oh.  My.  Word.  Where are my heart meds?!!!!  

I will confess, I thought it might have been time to pull Rivers near the end of the first half.  I was watching his eyes, his body motion and body language - he was in tremendous pain.  Even after watching 10 years of this man's heart I should never have doubted.

We've never won a game where he threw 3 interceptions.  That's just too much to give up, but our D was so scrappy and made all the difference.

I haven't read any of the game time posts as I just came here.  So I'm off to see what you guys thought as the game rolled on.

My thoughts:  First, I saw some stats this week on the number of points and yardage that our injured offensive players have contributed.  It's staggering.  Their replacements were untested rookies and 4th and 5th string running backs, we never should have won with them.  I knew Dontrelle Inman could be a big surprise tonight, we saw him do a lot in preseason.  If he would have played in the first half instead of Seyi Ajirotutu it might never have been close.  Seyi is amazing on special teams but just doesn't have it as a WR.  He's made some big catches, even won our KC game in the last second, but there's a reason he isn't starting.

I don't think they are weaseling their way in...but I know what you mean...an SD-Colts game is reason for concern

The Colts are in a tricky spot. If Pitt wins the division with only 5 losses and the Colts lose to the Cowboys, we get to be #4 and staring at the Patriots. If Bengals win the division by winning 1 out of their remaining 2, Colts are #3 looking at #6 Pittsburgh possibly with Ravens at #5.

Ravens have the 2 easiest games remaining, at Houston and home to Browns. Pittsburgh is at home to Chiefs and Bengals. Bengals have 2 toughest games remaining - home to Broncos and on the road at Pitt.

Colts, to me, in all likelihood will face the Chargers or the Steelers if they end up as #3 (I do not think we have ever beaten the Steelers in the playoffs in history, have we?). They will most likely face the Ravens if they are #4 in the wild card round.

Oh.  My.  Word.  Where are my heart meds?!!!!  

I will confess, I thought it might have been time to pull Rivers near the end of the first half.  I was watching his eyes, his body motion and body language - he was in tremendous pain.  Even after watching 10 years of this man's heart I should never have doubted.

We've never won a game where he threw 3 interceptions.  That's just too much to give up, but our D was so scrappy and made all the difference.

I haven't read any of the game time posts as I just came here.  So I'm off to see what you guys thought as the game rolled on.

My thoughts:  First, I saw some stats this week on the number of points and yardage that our injured offensive players have contributed.  It's staggering.  Their replacements were untested rookies and 4th and 5th string running backs, we never should have won with them.  I knew Dontrelle Inman could be a big surprise tonight, we saw him do a lot in preseason.  If he would have played in the first half instead of Seyi Ajirotutu it might never have been close.  Seyi is amazing on special teams but just doesn't have it as a WR.  He's made some big catches, even won our KC game in the last second, but there's a reason he isn't starting.

Yeah, kudos to your coaching staff to realize Seyi was not getting it done and putting Inman in.

Plus, Chris Watt getting injured was another blessing in disguise because Trevor Robinson at center plays much better and it was deja vu all over like the Ravens game when he came in for Chris Watt. The coaches should just play Trevor.

The Colts are in a tricky spot. If Pitt wins the division with only 5 losses and the Colts lose to the Cowboys, we get to be #4 and staring at the Patriots. If Bengals win the division by winning 1 out of their remaining 2, Colts are #3 looking at #6 Pittsburgh possibly with Ravens at #5.

Ravens have the 2 easiest games remaining, at Houston and home to Browns. Pittsburgh is at home to Chiefs and Bengals. Bengals have 2 toughest games remaining - home to Broncos and on the road at Pitt.

Colts, to me, in all likelihood will face the Chargers or the Steelers if they end up as #3 (I do not think we have ever beaten the Steelers in the playoffs in history, have we?). They will most likely face the Ravens if they are #4 in the wild card round.

I want the Colts to play Baltimore or SD....

Pittsburgh is a big concern..we don't want that...San Diego has so many injured players.

I'd rather face Ben or Joe Flacco than Rivers but Pittsburgh has a bus load of offense (as we found out)

how so, they need the Bengals steelers and ravens to lose

They need help, no doubt.

From a Chargers point of view, the easiest help they can get is for the Ravens to lose tomorrow. If the Ravens lose at the Texans, it would be comical tomorrow. Chargers would then be a shoo in because they have the tie-breaker over the Ravens if both of them have 6 losses at the end of the season.

They need help, no doubt.

From a Chargers point of view, the easiest help they can get is for the Ravens to lose tomorrow. If the Ravens lose at the Texans, it would be comical tomorrow. Chargers would then be a shoo in because they have the tie-breaker over the Ravens if both of them have 6 losses at the end of the season.

that's a tall order with case keenum going for the Texans

Yeah, kudos to your coaching staff to realize Seyi was not getting it done and putting Inman in.

Plus, Chris Watt getting injured was another blessing in disguise because Trevor Robinson at center plays much better and it was deja vu all over like the Ravens game when he came in for Chris Watt. The coaches should just play Trevor.

Agreed.  Actually we've talked about that on the SD forum as well.  He looks good and I can't even think of our rookie Right Guard's name that came in.  Philip barely was touched after they took over.

that's a tall order with case keenum going for the Texans

Hey, stranger things have happened in the NFL. Case Keenum is playing at home. If you remember, he threw 3 TDs to Andre Johnson before Andrew Luck made his comeback with T.Y.Hilton on SNF last year.

Ravens have injuries all over with their DBs (down to 4th string CBs if I am right) and Haloti Ngata is suspended, which would help Arian Foster and their rushing attack to take some burden off Case Keenum. Flacco has been hit and miss on the road too. Plus the Texans' D has been playing better lately too. The key is Andre Johnson being back from his concussion.

All I know is last year I refused to even look at what had to happen for us to get in until the last day, then bit my nails all day long until our game that we had to go and turn into a ridiculous and unnecessary nail-biter.  

I won't worry about what I can't control.

Really proud of the character our team displayed and the readiness of practice squad and never played a down players that came in and made a difference.  One of Mike McCoy's points of emphasis in training camp is giving practice reps evenly to all players at a position and switching players into other positions all year in practice. It has really paid off this year and last during our ridiculous injuries.