Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady seeking sixth straight division title to tie Bradshaw and Tarkenton

amfootball

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother made that up maybe 40 years ago. I like it too. It means to bore ones butt off and that takes a very boring event. Do you agree that all this winning division titles stuff is boreass ?

More or less. It's just news on a possible record of which thousands are posted here regardless of teams. I just read em' and let em' go.

Maybe borable   ;)

You are right. But Brady has been the only constant as he has played in the cap/FA era unlike the Rams of the 70's. His team has changed over multiple times as has his coaches and yet the winning has continued.

Matt Cassel managed to go 11-5 when Brady was injured and he had NO experience. BB, I think, has his team set up to be good regardless of who goes down. Very smart. We know what happened to the Colts when Manning went down.

Matt Cassel managed to go 11-5 when Brady was injured and he had NO experience. BB, I think, has his team set up to be good regardless of who goes down. Very smart. We know what happened to the Colts when Manning went down.

They drafted Luck?

is that the answer . . . ;)

Funny how those 2-14 seasons seem so timely . . .

They were 18-1 the previous year bozo and it was a very sketchy 11-5. You might want to compare offensive stats from the two seasons. It makes the difference of 7 wins look silly. They would have won the Colts game in Indy for example had Brady been on the field. I was a tremendous coaching job by BB and he did convert the offense to suit Cassel. Lets not forget that Cassel left the Patriots took the Chiefs to the playoffs and was named All Pro. Cassel was still starting for an NFL team as recent as this season (not a small feat)6 years after the fact.  

What was the guys name that played for the cheating Colts again? Where is he now?  I remember Colts fans being so proud during during the "Suck for Luck" campaign. They won't admit it now of course. Your turn bozo.

correction police alert!! we were 3-13 the year before drafting manning (and manning's rookie year)

And the Patriots were 5-11 the year before winning their first SB and Brady's first season as the starter. I think they may have been 1-3 and losing to the Jets when Brady stepped on the field? And Bledsoe the QB he replaced was a very good but nowhere close to Brady which has been proven a thousand times.

I thought Brady was the media darling.

But yeah I do.  Clearly the QB/Coach combo is the better of either one but does Brady/NE win all those games with average or sub par coaching?  Where does the training, preparation, schemes, game adjustments and GM quality come from? Not Brady.

Pats fans have really bought into the myth of Belichick. He is a great coach no doubt, but replace Brady with average guys and he would have a middling record.

correction police alert!! we were 3-13 the year before drafting manning (and manning's rookie year)

so what you saying is every time the colts are in the need of a franchise QB (by not having one or one is getting to retire) and there is an all worldly one coming up in the draft . . . the colts end up in the front of the line . . . :yay:

. . . when one looks at what a handful of draft experts and some in the media state that the top three draft picks at QB in the last 35 years are Luck, Manning and Elway and then we find out that the same team and owners end up with the Willy Wonka Golden First Round Draft Ticket in those years makes the third permutation . . . well . . . interesting . . .  its one thing to get lucky once and even perhaps twice . . . . and the statistical likelihood of it happening a third time is . . . well . . . interesting . . .  it just does not look good . . . and is why some have said what they have said about 2011 . . .  

I just brought it up as one was trying to make a substantive argument regarding the 2011 record and I wanted to qualify it a bit . . .

Pats fans have really bought into the myth of Belichick. He is a great coach no doubt, but replace Brady with average guys and he would have a middling record.

I think it is a combination of the two . . . I think Brady is helped by BB in some of the wins and success in the playoffs . . . as will all great HOF coaches and QBs . . . however some pats fan forget that he was viewed as a boring coach that did not want to talk to the media and touted the same speech in pressers, "we are doing what we need to do to win" and so on, even though at the time with Bledsoe his results were not the best . . . now he is more successful coach that touts those answers . . .  

I do think that at time some folks give him too much of the credit which can take away from some deserving credit from Brady

so what you saying is every time the colts are in the need of a franchise QB (by not having one or one is getting to retire) and there is an all worldly one coming up in the draft . . . the colts end up in the front of the line . . . :yay:

. . . gee you wanna know what . . . got to thinking bout things the other day and when a handful of draft experts and some in the media state that the top three draft picks at QB in the last 35 years are Luck, Manning and Elway and then we find out that the same team and owners end up with the Willy Wonka Golden First Round Draft Ticket in those years makes the third permutation . . . well . . . interesting . . .  its one thing to get lucky once and even perhaps twice . . . . and the statistical likelihood of it happening a third time is . . . well . . . interesting . . .

I would say it's smart business, although I don't believe it for a minute.

. . . when one looks at what a handful of draft experts and some in the media state that the top three draft picks at QB in the last 35 years are Luck, Manning and Elway and then we find out that the same team and owners end up with the Willy Wonka Golden First Round Draft Ticket in those years makes the third permutation . . . well . . . interesting . . .  its one thing to get lucky once and even perhaps twice . . . . and the statistical likelihood of it happening a third time is . . . well . . . interesting . . .  it just does not look good . . . and is why some have said what they have said about 2011 . . .  

I just brought it up as one was trying to make a substantive argument regarding the 2011 record and I wanted to qualify it a bit . . .

What's just as interesting is that in 2 of those 3 drafts there were at least one other quality QB to come out. Who knew? 

The 2011 conspiracy theories are pretty weak. How many games was that squad in, only to lose late? How many QB's did they go through? Who wanted fired? Just a very lazy attempt at taking a shot at the Colts.

They were 18-1 the previous year bozo and it was a very sketchy 11-5. You might want to compare offensive stats from the two seasons. It makes the difference of 7 wins look silly. They would have won the Colts game in Indy for example had Brady been on the field. I was a tremendous coaching job by BB and he did convert the offense to suit Cassel. Lets not forget that Cassel left the Patriots took the Chiefs to the playoffs and was named All Pro. Cassel was still starting for an NFL team as recent as this season (not a small feat)6 years after the fact.  

What was the guys name that played for the cheating Colts again? Where is he now?  I remember Colts fans being so proud during during the "Suck for Luck" campaign. They won't admit it now of course. Your turn bozo.

Cheating Colts? Really? Who is the only coach who was fined and lost a draft pick because of cheating?

What's just as interesting is that in 2 of those 3 drafts there were at least one other quality QB to come out. Who knew? 

The 2011 conspiracy theories are pretty weak. How many games was that squad in, only to lose late? How many QB's did they go through? Who wanted fired? Just a very lazy attempt at taking a shot at the Colts.

Talking about weak...SPYGATE. 

I was just thinking that your reference to "bozo" would be a warning point and then I realized that is the poster's name. :lol:

I would say it's smart business, although I don't believe it for a minute.

If that did happen, then it might be smart business for a team in one respect but overall it would not be . . . after all one team is part of the whole in the league . .  a friend of my feels the same way as you and we have had this discussion  . . . bottom line what would happen to the league if the bottom 6-10 teams decide to race to the finish for a good draft spot, you would have 4-6 teams each year playing 16 games without trying to win, so you would have 60-100 games per year that would be like what happens when a team rest their starters, a non competitive game with the winner getting a "free" win, which alters the competitiveness of the league . . . it is one thing to for it to be only a few games each season with teams resting their starters, but what if you had several dozens games like that . . .

if one decides to take this step, what is to stop the guy next to you doing it . . . if 32 brave soldiers are getting ready to volunteer to go to battle and one of the decides to take a step back, what to prevent a few more then what do you have . . . yah sure it is "smart" for that one soldier and he avoids death and so long as the other 31 fight and die to preserve his freedom he gets that benefit of the freedom without have to fight to save it . . .  

As for it happening, I don't believe the 2011 colts anymore than the 2005 pats . . . although I do not think that Pats would tank a season, I do sincerely believe that would tank a game, which, imo, they did the last game of 2005 against Mia.  We were battling Cinn for 3/4 seed with the 3 seed having to play the on coming Steelers, the eventual SB winners, and the 4th seed getting to play Jacksonville . . . well Cinn either lost or was losing, and BB decides to pull Brady in the 3rd qtr of the game when the 3/4 seed had not been decided . . . well Matt Cassel came in and we lost the game, "suffered" having to be the 4th seed and had to "endure" playing Jacksonville . . . which most folks would say is an easier out than Pitt . . . now BB stated he did what is in the "best interest" of the football team, perhaps he wanted to give Brady some rest as we did not have a bye and dame who we play, but when one looks back at that game, realize that it was rare if ever BB pulled Brady in a game that has meaning coinciding with us getting the benefit of avoiding Pitt due to the negative result of that game . . . makes one wonders . . . and the statistical probability of that rare event by BB occurring in the same game that benefitted us with a loss, makes the overall result . . . well . . . interesting . . . I did not trust BB that day and will continue to not trust that result . . .    

Football is a big business and I do not trust it all the time . . . and I mentioned in my past post I do not trust my own team and I think they tank a game in 2005 to get a favorable result, please see my last post . . . although it was only one game, it did affect the entire season as it allow us to avoid Pitt and force Cinn to have to play them . . . As the SB is everyone's gold, if one affects the playoff seeding beneficially, then one is really affecting the entire season . . . had we got past Denver that year we host Pitt . . .which would of anyways, but we get them later and we avoid the 05 Colts . . . bottom line how we were situated, we avoid Pitt in the first round, then deeper in  the playoffs we only play either Pitt or Indy but would not have to face them both by "ended" up the 4th seed . . .

so I take shots at my own team just like others . . .

Football is a big business and I do not trust it all the time . . . and I mentioned in my past post I do not trust my own team and I think they tank a game in 2005 to get a favorable result, please see my last post . . . although it was only one game, it did affect the entire season as it allow us to avoid Pitt and force Cinn to have to play them . . . As the SB is everyone's gold, if one affects the playoff seeding beneficially, then one is really affecting the entire season . . . had we got past Denver that year we host Pitt . . .which would of anyways, but we get them later and we avoid the 05 Colts . . . bottom line how we were situated, we avoid Pitt in the first round, then deeper in  the playoffs we only play either Pitt or Indy but would not have to face them both by "ended" up the 4th seed . . .

so I take shots at my own team just like others . . .

Okay, so you don't trust big business and the Pats were naughty 10 years ago. Fair enough, but what does that have to do with the specifics of the Colts 2011 season and the conspiracy that ownership on down to the coaches and players intentionally threw games in order to secure the first pick in the draft? 

Sorry but BB isn't the only one and it wasn't the biggest fine. Yes the Colts cheated.  

Explain how the Colts cheated. The Colts changed QBs just to get a win or two when the #1 pick was on the line. The took a big chance of losing the #1 pick. If you think they were sucking for Luck then tell us all why they benched Painter. If you watched those games played the Colts did not tank any of those games. If my memory serves me they lost to the Patriots that year 31-24 after scoring 21 points in the 4th quarter. That is not a team that was sucking for Luck no matter what you choose to believe.

Talking about weak...SPYGATE. 

Like it or not, there was in fact rules broken and it was verified. I'm not sure exactly what the advantages or lack there of were and no one outside of a few do.

It's old news, but it was true, unlike the "suck for luck" pseudo drama.

O hell naw...more like if Favre hadn't ripped his arm to pieces the Jets would have won it. That team was 8-3 coming off wins at NE and 11-0 TN.

...not that I think they'd have won a playoff game though. Mangina was already losing the players before Favre got hurt.

Yeah. Jets should have won that year. Miami was 11-5 and the Pats were 11-5. What did the Jets finish 9-7?

No my original post was having a coach like BB with a Brady over an average coach is the reason for multiple titles/wins.

Clearly NE wouldn't have won all those titles without a Brady type QB.  I think BB with an avg QB would still have an above average record. He''s still going to build a team.

All this fawning over this fantastic football club with the best coach / QB the galaxy has ever known,and they have won zilch for 10 years. Something doesn't add up. Or maybe they are not really that good, they just play in a pishy poor division.

"Brady seeking sixth straight division title....."

The arrogance and ignorance in that statement alone should have this thread locked.

All this fawning over this fantastic football club with the best coach / QB the galaxy has ever known,and they have won zilch for 10 years. Something doesn't add up. Or maybe they are not really that good, they just play in a pishy poor division.

"Brady seeking sixth straight division title....."

The arrogance and ignorance in that statement alone should have this thread locked.

Does winning to you only mean the Super Bowl? Because the Pats have been the model of winning for the last 13+ years and that also includes 3 titles as well.

And the notion that a thread about division titles bothers you is pretty funny coming from a Colts fan where they are celebrated like Lombardi's ...

What record would Brady have with average coaches?.

You know Shane that is a fair point. But outside of Bill, I am not sure Brady has had great coaches. Pretty much every assistant that has left NE has floundered elsewhere and that includes all of his former OCs - Weiss, McDaniels and now we will see what O'Brien is able to do in Houston where his main piece missing is the QB which is keeping them from contending.

And even Bill is a defensive minded coach not offensive. Rarely is he even engaged with the O when they are on the field. Typically he is coaching up the defense.

I do wonder what Brady might have done with a different GM like a Polian or an Elway that would have put super star around him year after year. He is currently in the top 10 or top 5 for pretty much all the passing records but what if he had the likes of Manning's or Montana's weapons over the years? And what if he had an offensive mastermind HC like a Walsh for his career?

Bill and Brady have reached historic levels together but I do think it is interesting to wonder what might have happened to either of them if they have a different QB or GM/HC.

Does winning to you only mean the Super Bowl? Because the Pats have been the model of winning for the last 13+ years and that also includes 3 titles as well.

And the notion that a thread about division titles bothers you is pretty funny coming from a Colts fan where they are celebrated like Lombardi's ...

Nope. But all the Pats fans on here REPEATEDLY talk about Brady being the best because of his rings and play-off record, therefore I foolishly thought that was what it was all about. Silly me.

The arrogance etc was about 'Brady' winning the titles. I'm pretty sure it's a team game. He's a great player for sure, but he's not that good....winning all on his own.

Nope. But all the Pats fans on here REPEATEDLY talk about Brady being the best because of his rings and play-off record, therefore I foolishly thought that was what it was all about. Silly me.

The arrogance etc was about 'Brady' winning the titles. I'm pretty sure it's a team game. He's a great player for sure, but he's not that good....winning all on his own.

Winning rings and playoff games only come if one is winning their division, no?

I have yet to see one poster claim Brady has won anything all by himself.

You know Shane that is a fair point. But outside of Bill, I am not sure Brady has had great coaches. Pretty much every assistant that has left NE has floundered elsewhere and that includes all of his former OCs - Weiss, McDaniels and now we will see what O'Brien is able to do in Houston where his main piece missing is the QB which is keeping them from contending.

And even Bill is a defensive minded coach not offensive. Rarely is he even engaged with the O when they are on the field. Typically he is coaching up the defense.

I do wonder what Brady might have done with a different GM like a Polian or an Elway that would have put super star around him year after year. He is currently in the top 10 or top 5 for pretty much all the passing records but what if he had the likes of Manning's or Montana's weapons over the years? And what if he had an offensive mastermind HC like a Walsh for his career?

Bill and Brady have reached historic levels together but I do think it is interesting to wonder what might have happened to either of them if they have a different QB or GM/HC.

Bill makes the decision during the game with all the situational calls. That is all that matters.

You are spoiled with his presence. You need to dig deep and start to understand what Bill means to Pats. Who drafted Brady?. No one cared till 199th pick.

Bill is responsible for every single decision, players and coaches. It's everything. Try having Fox as a coach. You will know what I am saying.