Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think i may have found the problem with the team..

bap1331

Slow starts have been a problem in the first half but they have been caused by turnovers.  This team is way too wreckless with the football.  Going back to the Pats game The Colts have fumbled the ball or thrown a pick 16 times (not all of the fumbles were lost).  That's an average of four a game.  That's unheard of if you are going to win games in the playoffs.  I don't care if you want to blame players or coaches but that's something that needs to be fixed. Add an in the penalties and the yapping they were doing this week about jumping into the dawg pound and I'll say this I think the Colts are a little undisciplined.   The dawg pound talk was dumb because it did nothing to help you and it clearly had the Browns fired up.  The good news is that these are things that can be cleaned up. 

I also think the o-line is a very clear issue but I don't think that's anything the Colts can fix until the off-season gets here and they can try to bring in more talent. 

Our defense played its tail off. They weren't perfect but they kept us in the game. The defense was not the problem today. You can't be serious.

I totally agree, our defense was balling it yesterday! That redzone int by Adams was essentially as good as 7 points on the board. They made so many critical stops when our offense turned the ball over, playing with short fields. 

Our "NFL leading" offense was the problem.they eventually pulled it together on that final 90 yard drive to go 1 point ahead, but the defense still had to come out and stop Cleveland from getting into FG range with two timeouts and 36 seconds left. Total defensive win. It helped that Hoyer was the opposing QB, but they still got it done.

The defense was aided by a bad QB in Hoyer who over threw two TD passes and a horrible pick in the Red Zone.  Did anyone else notice that when the Colts don't blitz and try to play coverage on 3rd and 5 or 7, they give up plays outside the numbers because our LBs can't cover?

The defense does deserve credit for keeping the Cleveland RBs from dictating.  I'm glad the Browns decided to stay with Hoyer in hindsight because Johnny might have made some plays with his legs.  The announcers kept talking about Hoyer's 10-5 record as a starter but he's trending down in a big way.  They needed a playmaker yesterday at QB

The Coaches?

Jonathan Harrison?

Trent Richardson?

Hakeem Nicks?

...... Anyone I'm missing?

No, I think you got them all. Actually, Harrison is probably hurt, and Richardson ... is Richardson (both good and bad). Nicks can't seem to make his cuts on a timely basis. So, what does that leave?

The biggest problem with this team right now is turnovers.  Mostly turnovers being created by the quarterback and the running backs.  We seem to have fixed or at least improved the run defense problem, but the turnover problem just doesnt seem to be going away.  And I still think we have no regard for running the football which is going to bite us square in the behind in the playoffs.  When you go into all of these cold and bad weather football games you have to be able to run the football at least enough to be respectable. I think we can run the football with Herron, but we just choose to be on the aerial assault all the time.

Dear God what really ... The D played good as soon as we started run bunch formations and rub plays receivers started getting open and we moved the ball scoring points . And are turnover not a problem ?

We were using bunch formations and rub plays all game long, and guys had been open. Pep didn't suddenly figure out how to attack man coverage in the 4th quarter.

Dear God what really ... The D played good as soon as we started run bunch formations and rub plays receivers started getting open and we moved the ball scoring points . And are turnover not a problem ?

Not making adjustments and / or playcalling is the fall-back position of those who truly don't know.  The notion that Pep did not make adjustments until he had to is comical at best.