Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to sign Josh Cribbs?/Welcome aboard Josh Cribbs (merge)

Everyone

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't before? I think he is a great return guy, and can fill in at receiver in a pinch. It was a smart move to part ways with Griff for a guy like Josh Cribbs who show he has the ability to go from endzone to endzone at any moment.

I like it even more now is what I should have said. I liked it before the game.

I like it even more now is what I should have said. I liked it before the game.

I figured that was the case. I'm not sure how anyone could not like Josh along with his ability to return kicks even if he has been out for a while. I hope he is here for a while... and for once the special teams are the one consistent spot on this football team.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Cribbs on a couple wildcat plays going off tackle or sweeping out wide.  Dude has some killer speed!

I would love that, but I'd like to hold that off until the playoffs.  If we are going to knock off the Patriots or the Broncos, we might have to catch them off guard with stuff like that.

I would love that, but I'd like to hold that off until the playoffs.  If we are going to knock off the Patriots or the Broncos, we might have to catch them off guard with stuff like that.

Perhaps used in trick plays?  Boom in the backfield, with TY Moncrief and Cribbs out wide.  A misdirection run to Boom for an end around to Cribbs with an option to pass deep to TY or Donte!  Sounds like a plan to me lol  Probably wont happen but I think it would work if our line could hold up.  That is a whole lot of speed!!  On a side note, I did enjoy the mix of run calls finally.  A couple read option plays.  The one where Luck reached around Trent at the last second and he took off for 15.  We had another where Luck kept (cuz Trent would've got hammered by 2 rushers) it on 3rd and got the first barely.  Then he also changed the play at the LOS and did a QB sneak to get the first.  We definitely need to do stuff like that to keep the defenses play the guessing game, because our run blockers just cant get the job done straight up!

"I told the guys right away (that) I don't fair catch too often on (returns)," the free agent pickup said. "If (the ball) stays inbounds, I'm bringing it out of the end zone."

Cribbs said watching tape of the Colts' return unit gave him the confidence to unleash his talent from the outset. In the 23-3 victory over Jacksonville, Cribbs amassed 112 return yards, a total that doesn't include an 82-yard touchdown return negated by a penalty.

"A lot of holes have been there (in past weeks), so teams are going to have to watch out," Cribbs said. "If they want me to stay in (the end zone) they're going to have to kick it out (of it)."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/11/23/new-colts-returner-josh-cribbs-does-not-like-to-fair-catch/19454419/

Wish we had J. Cribbs in the New England game. Wonder how many holes were in that one?

In his first game he didn't provide much of an upgrade over Whalen.  Had a fumble that could have been costly in a close game, made a couple of bad decisions.  I think those issues will be worked out in the next couple of weeks.

He needs to get his game legs back too Coffee.  I was 24 rows up, and his initial 'burst' was not there.  I loved the runs though.  I had visions of David Reed a couple of times, and he paid the price with big hits.