Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First time visit to LOS, need some advice

J.guido85

Hey guys,

Been a Colts fan for over 15 years, I've lived in Buffalo, NY all my life and I'm finally in Indianapolis for this week's Sunday night game against the Patriots.

I have a few questions,

1. With the roof being closed, what would you say would be ok to wear for warmth?

2. My wife and I drove and are staying at the Hyatt about 6 miles away. What is the parking situation if we drive there? Where should we Park and would it be easier to taxi or shuttle?

Thanks in advance and if you have any other suggestions, please let me know!

GO Colts!

With the roof being closed you can expect the temperature in the stadium to be in the 60s.  The walk to the stadium will probably be in the 20s, so dress for that.  I usually wear a sweatshirt or some sort of base layer under my jersey in the stadium and am always comfortable.

Parking depends on how much you're willing to pay and how far you're willing to walk.  If you're willing to pay $20 or more you can park pretty close to the stadium.  If you don't mind walking a bit it is cheaper, or even free if you can find some on street spaces in downtown.  There is no charge at the meters on Sunday,

Roof open or closed, I am always cold in the stadium.  Just be prepared for it being colder than you might imagine.  

As for parking, there are lots or garages all over the downtown area.  Closer to the stadium, the more costly it is but downtown is so convenient that you can pretty much park anywhere and be relatively close to LOS.

In the stadium shorts are plenty warm for me. We normally Park at the garage next to the Marriott. Its $10 & then you can go thru the sky walk to the Marriott and never be outside all the way to your seats. Tomorrow night we are staying at the ambassey suites so I'm not sure about the parking but I'm sure the walk will be longer and colder getting to the stadium so shorts might be out.

The temp in the stadium is actually set at 70 but you can get some breezes.  There are a number of parking lots south of the stadium with very easy access.  McCarty St. is the main east-west street south of the stadium and you will find lots there, or turn south on Meridian.  I'd stay away from the parking garages; they can be a bear to get out of sometimes after the games, especially if the crowd stays till the end.  If you get to the stadium right when the doors open (2 hrs before kickoff) you can go down to the Colts tunnel and see the players come out for pregame warmups.  Hope this info helps!