Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears management meeting

oldunclemark

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys./..its very personal up here when they lose big to Green Bay..The higher ups are still bitter, bitter rivals..The Packers were laughing at themSomebody has to pay.... maybe before the end of the day

It was going to happen anyway....that loss just speeded up the process.

I don't get why team's fire head coaches mid season.  Season is lost anyways, what point or purpose does it serve other then to vent your anger over losing??

Serves Chicago right though.  Dumped a consistent winner in Lovie Smith for some unknown guy out of the CFL.  

I don't get why team's fire head coaches mid season. Season is lost anyways, what point or purpose does it serve other then to vent your anger over losing??

Serves Chicago right though. Dumped a consistent winner in Lovie Smith for some unknown guy out of the CFL.

They can start looking for a new coach once they fire the head coach. Putting together a wish list earlier than they could earlier

I don't get why team's fire head coaches mid season.  Season is lost anyways, what point or purpose does it serve other then to vent your anger over losing??

Serves Chicago right though.  Dumped a consistent winner in Lovie Smith for some unknown guy out of the CFL.  

The same Lovie Smith who missed the playoffs 5 of his final 6 years there, and was 2-9 against the Packers in their last 11 meetings?

Lovie wore our his welcome. The Bears demise isn't just letting him go though, they've lost a lot of their defensive stars, and now are going through a change in scheme & defensive personnel. Takes time.

However, the Cutler extension was the final dagger, much to my delight. Their fan base has to be tickled over that right now.

The same Lovie Smith who missed the playoffs 5 of his final 6 years there, and was 2-9 against the Packers in their last 11 meetings?

Lovie wore our his welcome. The Bears demise isn't just letting him go though, they've lost a lot of their defensive stars, and now are going through a change in scheme & defensive personnel. Takes time.

However, the Cutler extension was the final dagger, much to my delight. Their fan base has to be tickled over that right now.

I would imagine very few teams that have played the Packers regularly have a good record against the Packers in the last several years.  

If they are looking for someone who's going to make the Bears competitive against the Packers in short order then they better be looking for a hitman to kill Aaron Rodgers because that's about the only way that's going to happen.  Not unless they somehow come up with an elite QB and a better defense.

And if they are mad at their lack of an elite QB and better defense they need to fire the GM.  Because NOBODY, not even a coaching dream team . . . take all the NFL coaches in any position pick the HC, OC, and DC and give them the Bears team and they still lose to the Packers regularly.  No one is beating the Packers with this Bears team on a regular basis.  

This is the problem with many NFL team's. . . the team sucks they blame the coach and somehow let a GM keep his job for like 10 stinking years while he keeps drafting and signing sucky players that they expect a coach to win games with.  Matt Millen is considered the worst GM in NFL history and he kept his job for 7 freaking years.  

NFL teams need to be quicker to pull the trigger on their GM's and slower on their head coaches.  

That is what can happen when a team over pays a QB that was never that good in the first place. Just because a QB has a cannon arm does not mean he is a great QB. Cutler has never had the mental aspect of the game.

As much as I hate Cutler, it's not his fault. He don't play defense.

They fired their defensive minded coach after he posted a 10-6 season.

Scapegoat him all you want, I don't like him either but that's not his fault.

I would imagine very few teams that have played the Packers regularly have a good record against the Packers in the last several years.  

If they are looking for someone who's going to make the Bears competitive against the Packers in short order then they better be looking for a hitman to kill Aaron Rodgers because that's about the only way that's going to happen.  Not unless they somehow come up with an elite QB and a better defense.

And if they are mad at their lack of an elite QB and better defense they need to fire the GM.  Because NOBODY, not even a coaching dream team . . . take all the NFL coaches in any position pick the HC, OC, and DC and give them the Bears team and they still lose to the Packers regularly.  No one is beating the Packers with this Bears team on a regular basis.  

This is the problem with many NFL team's. . . the team sucks they blame the coach and somehow let a GM keep his job for like 10 stinking years while he keeps drafting and signing sucky players that they expect a coach to win games with.  Matt Millen is considered the worst GM in NFL history and he kept his job for 7 freaking years.  

NFL teams need to be quicker to pull the trigger on their GM's and slower on their head coaches.  

This transcends two GMs, and HCs though, and Lovie was one of them.

Yep, the Bears have big time problems right now, and their GM is one of them.

Cutler's contract may haunt them for years.

I can agree with much of your assessment, but Lovie wouldn't have changed any of this.

He's a good coach. He's not great.

That's your prediction, correct?

Yes and no.. On Chicago radio,,they're saying there was a meeting and upper management was convinced they can turn it around (yeah, I know) immediately..and get back in the playoff hunt

..Bears (3-6) are 0-3 at home...and the next 2 games are home..Home losses are ugly..and a loss to last place ex-coach Lovie Smith would be ccertain doom..

...Some wanted the entire staff out tonight..but they were talked out of it..

Yes and no.. On Chicago radio,,they're saying there was a meeting and upper management was convinced they can turn it around (yeah, I know) immediately..and get back in the playoff hunt

..Bears (3-6) are 0-3 at home...and the next 2 games are home..Home losses are ugly..and a loss to last place ex-coach Lovie Smith would be ccertain doom..

...Some wanted the entire staff out tonight..but they were talked out of it..

Yeah, letting the entire staff go right now would have been disaster, and purely emotional. Unless, of course it's been stewing for a while.

But, you're right, if they lose the next 2 (perhaps either), or don't show improvement, it'll happen pretty early.

So, who are the ex-Bears (likely '85) coaching today that the fan base wants as the new coach?

Singletary? Rivera? Fisher?

Its come ut that the final 2 choices to replace Lovie Smith were Marc Trestman and Bruce Arians..

.and Beas management chose Tretsman. That revelation is not going over well up here.

Folks want everybody our especially the goombahs who made that choice..

...wonder if Bill Polian would like to run the Bears?

Its come ut that the final 2 choices to replace Lovie Smith were Marc Trestman and Bruce Arians..

.and Beas management chose Tretsman. That revelation is not going over well up here.

Folks want everybody our especially the goombahs who made that choice..

...wonder if Bill Polian would like to run the Bears?

Do you feel ownership meddles behind the scenes?

I always felt that, and if that's the case, I'd worry for the fan base, that they'd try to bring in an ex-Bear to bring back Da' Bears.

As much as I hate Cutler, it's not his fault. He don't play defense.

They fired their defensive minded coach after he posted a 10-6 season.

Scapegoat him all you want, I don't like him either but that's not his fault.

So who is that Bear's QB I see playing? He has two very good receivers, a top tight end and a great runner. Why does he have a hard time finding them ?

Do you feel ownership meddles behind the scenes?

I always felt that, and if that's the case, I'd worry for the fan base, that they'd try to bring in an ex-Bear to bring back Da' Bears.

Ive always thought they didn't know what they were doing.

Marc Trestman had never coached in the NFL and it shows....Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall are almost impossible to handle if you don't have experience..

Nobody in Chicago would hire Jim Harbaugh...he's crazy and they know that very well up here..

So who is that Bear's QB I see playing? He has two very good receivers, a top tight end and a great runner. Why does he have a hard time finding them ?

Oh I forgot, Cutler plays defense. He, by himself with those two very good receivers, a top tight end, and a great runner, gave up 50 points in the last two games. Gotcha.

Ive always thought they didn't know what they were doing.

Marc Trestman had never coached in the NFL and it shows....Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall are almost impossible to handle if you don't have experience..

Nobody in Chicago would hire Jim Harbaugh...he's crazy and they know that very well up here..

Yeah, I agree, and that's why I think they meddle. They've been too dysfunctional for too long, and they're the only constant.

I think Trestman could be a good coach, but he's the wrong guy, with the wrong team, in the wrong city. I always thought the hire was very unconventional for Bears.

I also agree with you on Harbaugh. Not only is he crazy, but he also isn't really well thought of in Chicago either (see Ditka). They don't much think of him as an ex-Bear. 

They have several problems......2nd year HC......A QB who hears ghosts at times......With good reason much of the time however, That O Line was getting beat quite a bit last night even if they did not give up an insane amount of QB hits, Cutler has to start scrambling more

Jared Allen just has not worked out to this point

Tim Jennings reverted back to his Colts days

Fuller has been solid

They need Safeties that can step up

This transcends two GMs, and HCs though, and Lovie was one of them.

Yep, the Bears have big time problems right now, and their GM is one of them.

Cutler's contract may haunt them for years.

I can agree with much of your assessment, but Lovie wouldn't have changed any of this.

He's a good coach. He's not great.

Not saying he's great but it's sort of the same question people are asking about the 49'ers wanting to fire Harbaugh.  Who are you going to find that's better?  

The "great coaches" tend to keep their jobs.

So I say the Bears deserve this.  Not many people could have gotten better results with the team's Lovie was given.  He got a team quarterbacked by Rex Grossman to the Superbowl.  Yeah they had a really good defense.  But still REX GROSSMAN

Bears are not going to start beating the Packers on a regular basis.  Not even if the Hoodie himself decides to quit the Patriots and starts coaching the Bears.  Not unless he manages to bring Tom Brady with him. 

Harbaugh is an interesting thought, but only because of his rumored availability.

He's not that highly regarded in Chicago. Ditka made sure of that.

Plus, I'd bet they go with a defensive mind.

If he gets ridden out of San Fran. I doubt he takes the Bears job over the opportunity to coach his Alma Mater.  

Looking at his QB career it looked like he had been around to several teams including the Bears and the Colts so I doubt he has any particular attachment to one franchise in the NFL.  But with that Alma Mater Job likely coming available and you can't think that there is a bigger or better name for Michigan then Harbaugh.  If for some reason he gets thrown out of San Fransisco, I'd have to think his first choice would be Michigan.

But personally I don't think he loses his job for the 49er's.  Management there may hate his guts but I'll bet they would rather put up with him then have to explain to the fan base why they let go of a coach with that kind of record there.  Especially if things where to go bad for them after they got rid of Harbaugh, that's the kind of move that makes a person hated for a lifetime by their team's fans.

If I was running the 49'ers and I hated Harbaugh that much I think I'd sell the team first before I let him go with his record.  He needs to start losing first.  The only other option would be to "convince" him to leave his job there willingly and take the Michigan job.  

There are broadcast reports that the Bears management is meeting Tuesday to make some changes..

Not necessarily the head coach (now nicknamed 'The Dead Coach") but somebody will be fired

In Chicago, you can lose 52-33 to New England...

.....but you cannot lose 55-14 to Green Bay.

Especially when the packers aren't even really THAT good this year.

Yeah, if they do fall for the ex-Bear thing, I'd think Singletary, & Rivera may be right up there. Assuming Rivera's availability.

Both defensive minded coaches, to boot.

Singletary?  You think they want a guy that posted 5 and 11 records with the team that Harbaugh took the next year to the NFC championship game.

Maybe Rivera . . . Singletary would not be an option that I think would be on anyone's short list.

Not saying he's great but it's sort of the same question people are asking about the 49'ers wanting to fire Harbaugh.  Who are you going to find that's better?  

The "great coaches" tend to keep their jobs.

So I say the Bears deserve this.  Not many people could have gotten better results with the team's Lovie was given.  He got a team quarterbacked by Rex Grossman to the Superbowl.  Yeah they had a really good defense.  But still REX GROSSMAN

Bears are not going to start beating the Packers on a regular basis.  Not even if the Hoodie himself decides to quit the Patriots and starts coaching the Bears.  Not unless he manages to bring Tom Brady with him. 

This is true, but I Rex Grossman is the example of why he was let go. He's one of those defensive minded coaches who treated the offense like a necessary evil (see the Ryan family). Google Bears Offensive Coordinators during his tenure. Mike Tice?

The Bears had very good defenses, and special teams, but they chose to get by with sub-par offenses. 5 of 6 years not making the playoffs with that formula, and you make a change, or accept the same ol', same' ol'. They made the change. Bully for them. But when you do, and chose a first time HC, expect a learning curve.

Is is a good coach, a very good coach. Just not a head coach unless he focus' on the TEAM instead of the defense.

Singletary?  You think they want a guy that posted 5 and 11 records with the team that Harbaugh took the next year to the NFC championship game.

Maybe Rivera . . . Singletary would not be an option that I think would be on anyone's short list.

I don't think Singletary would be a good choice, but what do I know about him in the past few years.

I do think that the 'meat head' faction of the fan base would be all for it, and if the McCaskeys develop the mentality to cowtow to that faction, I could see it.

Ive always thought they didn't know what they were doing.Marc Trestman had never coached in the NFL and it shows....Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall are almost impossible to handle if you don't have experience..Nobody in Chicago would hire Jim Harbaugh...he's crazy and they know that very well up here..

Then Nobody is a *.