Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andy Dalton

azcolt

he hasn't been good all year

And Green...His #1 wr has been out 4 games, Sanu has been his only receiving threat otherwise. All Im saying is Andy's production since he has been in the league trumps what he has done to this point...9 games.....4 with only 1 legit threat in Sanu...

And Green...His #1 wr has been out 4 games, Sanu has been his only receiving threat otherwise. All Im saying is Andy's production since he has been in the league trumps what he has done to this point...9 games.....4 with only 1 legit threat in Sanu...

and gresham and a great running game

No one is regretting that in Baltimore. Their cornerbacks are all injured , which is why they are struggling. The offense is fine.

Flacco is miles better than Dalton. The ravens really had no choice but to pay him. Imagine winning another superbowl and letting the qb walk again

Flacco is miles better than Dalton. The ravens really had no choice but to pay him. Imagine winning another superbowl and letting the qb walk again

Putting Flacco beside Dilfer in that comment is plane wrong. Dilfer won a super bowl with a great defense while he was not very good. Dilfer might have been the worst QB ever to have won a super bowl. Flacco played lights out in his super bowl run. Like him or not you cant overlook what he did.

Putting Flacco beside Dilfer in that comment is plane wrong. Dilfer won a super bowl with a great defense while he was not very good. Dilfer might have been the worst QB ever to have won a super bowl. Flacco played lights out in his super bowl run. Like him or not you cant overlook what he did.

Pretty sure i just said he was miles better than Dalton.

and gresham and a great running game

Gresham has not been good this year...He has actually been pretty awful this year, Has yet to remember what the hell the end zone is, He has a fumble and quite a few plays he should have made he just didn't make, Ill give ya that they have had a great running game

Gresham has not been good this year...He has actually been pretty awful this year, Has yet to remember what the hell the end zone is, He has a fumble and quite a few plays he should have made he just didn't make, Ill give ya that they have had a great running game

he sailed ball after ball to him last night and the colts game

Pretty sure i just said he was miles better than Dalton.

Meh, Through 9 games yes, As a whole I don't think so, He did however catch fire in the playoffs which led to a SB which obviously Dalton has not done, I don't however think that makes Flacco a better QB as a whole

he sailed ball after ball to him last night and the colts game

yep 10 catches on 12 targets......not much production for as many catches as he had....48 yards....0 td's...his long was 12 yards in that game against the Colts....6 targets 3 catches vs Browns 29 yards...Gresham is not a good route runner

Looking at Dalton's body of "work" really makes our shutout seem a lot less impressive. Let alone the shelling that PIT gave our defense the following week.

At least it was fun to watch our defense look great for a night, even if it was assisted by a bad QB.

This post lacks reasoning and perspective, That shelling that Pitt gave us was without Vontae much of that game, Its no secret our defense still has a couple holes but its getting there quick, Bad QB's don't throw 33 td's and have over 4200 yards passing.......More perspective....That offense is going through some changes...A new offensive coordinator......AJ Green has also missed 4 games. Marvin Jones...who had 10 td's last year is out for the year.....They haven't had another legit target...and yes Dalton has been bad this year

Looking at Dalton's body of "work" really makes our shutout seem a lot less impressive. Let alone the shelling that PIT gave our defense the following week.

At least it was fun to watch our defense look great for a night, even if it was assisted by a bad QB.

Shutouts are rare, even against bad teams. As bad as Dalton has been, and even without AJ Green, it's still impressive to put up a donut. 

Bad QB's don't throw 33 td's and have over 4200 yards passing

Dalton has been bad this year

For all the perspective talk, the second part is what matters right now. Maybe he's not the worst QB in the world, but he's sure as heck been playing like one.He's overthrowing guys left and right by a mile and playing with poor awareness of his surroundings. I don't pin that on a changing system/OC and missing AJ Green.

As for Pit/missing Davis one guy doesn't excuse the drubbing we got. We were missing a lot more than just him, but you still need to go out and execute. If nothing else it showed we sorely lack depth.

Shutouts are rare, even against bad teams. As bad as Dalton has been, and even without AJ Green, it's still impressive to put up a donut. 

I didn't say it wasn't impressive at all, just a lot less so when the other offense can't get out of its own way.

The second part is what matters right now. Maybe he's not the worst QB in the world, but he's sure as heck been playing like one.

As for Pit/missing Davis one guy doesn't excuse the drubbing we got. We were missing a lot more than just him, but you still need to go out and execute. If nothing else it showed we sorely lack depth.

I didn't say it wasn't impressive at all, just a lot less so when the other offense can't get out of its own way.

No it doesn't excuse the drubbing we got, I agree, but there is a large gap talent wise and poise wise between him and the rest of our Corners.....entire Secondary for that matter, It forced a guy like Gordy on the field......Not good for anyone on our defense if he is on the field

I know few residents that very much regret him getting his very large contract .

Sure there are some, but he is a proven winner and can beat New England. Big Ben , and His Steelers, stunk for three years, and now he's the second coming. Flacco has never had a losing season in six years, and the reason they are 5-4 and struggling, is because they are down to their sixth and seventh string cornerbacks. Once Jimmy Smith went down , is when Ben lit them up. Both Bengal losses were caused by 4th and 5th string corners getting burned. Flacco is not in the elite category, but he's a good NFL quarterback , and definately worth the money.

Not Joe being the QB just his contract.

In a couple more years, that contract will be middle of the road for QB's. He will renegotiate before the heavy price tag hits, or they would have to cut him. I suspect the former, because it's every intention to keep him the long term QB. With Joe, you know he's capable of winning a Super Bowl because he already has, versus paying a Cutler, Dalton , or Ryan.

In a couple more years, that contract will be middle of the road for QB's. He will renegotiate before the heavy price tag hits, or they would have to cut him. I suspect the former, because it's every intention to keep him the long term QB. With Joe, you know he's capable of winning a Super Bowl because he already has, versus paying a Cutler, Dalton , or Ryan.

You think Ravens mgmt. is happy with Joe's production the last two years?

You think Ravens mgmt. is happy with Joe's production the last two years?

Joe could be unhappy with Ravens management. Last year they went 8-8 and had no O line and no running game. This year Ozzie cut it too thin at cornerback, and got burned. Still, they are 5-4 and Joe has 16 TD's and 8 INT's. Not great but not bad. They should be 6-4 playing the Titans, but I see them either 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 because they are picking up corners off practice squads now. There secondary is in deep do do.

This post lacks reasoning and perspective, That shelling that Pitt gave us was without Vontae much of that game, Its no secret our defense still has a couple holes but its getting there quick, Bad QB's don't throw 33 td's and have over 4200 yards passing.......More perspective....That offense is going through some changes...A new offensive coordinator......AJ Green has also missed 4 games. Marvin Jones...who had 10 td's last year is out for the year.....They haven't had another legit target...and yes Dalton has been bad this year

he has sanu and he failed to give jeremy hill enough touches

We've done this thread more times than we've done Manning/Brady for heck's sake.

Speaking of Sanchez, I think it's not farfetched to thing that he could have a good game this week. The overreactions there will be pretty funny, and they will be gut bursting funny if he's the guy who has this year's fraudulent 6 TD game (that happens every year whether you realize it or not!).

Joe could be unhappy with Ravens management. Last year they went 8-8 and had no O line and no running game. This year Ozzie cut it too thin at cornerback, and got burned. Still, they are 5-4 and Joe has 16 TD's and 8 INT's. Not great but not bad. They should be 6-4 playing the Titans, but I see them either 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 because they are picking up corners off practice squads now. There secondary is in deep do do.

I hear what you are saying but his contract would suggest that he is the type of QB that can carry this team even with the issues in the secondary. He really needs to be "great" and "not bad" to justify that salary. I think you right about asking him to restructure soon. He has that great playoff run but his overall numbers have never justified him being a top tier QB much less in the top 5 for highest paid. At some point Ozzie has to address that so he can build the team he wants with a manageable QB salary if Joe is going to continue play average.

I hear what you are saying but his contract would suggest that he is the type of QB that can carry this team even with the issues in the secondary. He really needs to be "great" and "not bad" to justify that salary. I think you right about asking him to restructure soon. He has that great playoff run but his overall numbers have never justified him being a top tier QB much less in the top 5 for highest paid. At some point Ozzie has to address that so he can build the team he wants with a manageable QB salary if Joe is going to continue play average.

You can't overcome issues in today's NFL when you are picking up three cornerbacks off the practice squad or waiver wire. Thats how bad it is now. Joe led them to a comeback in the first Bengals game , and Chykie Brown let up a bomb to AJ Green for the win in week 1. He is gone The second Bengal game he put them in the lead again, but Franks let up a long pass to Sanu. He is gone. The only two bad games Joe has had is against the Colts and Steelers. Who else are the Ravens going to get at QB ? Go through the draft and hope you get a QB like Kyle Boller ? Joe won a Super Bowl , and he's a consistent winner for me. I don't mind paying him.

You can't overcome issues in today's NFL when you are picking up three cornerbacks off the practice squad or waiver wire. Thats how bad it is now. Joe led them to a comeback in the first Bengals game , and Chykie Brown let up a bomb to AJ Green for the win in week 1. He is gone The second Bengal game he put them in the lead again, but Franks let up a long pass to Sanu. He is gone. The only two bad games Joe has had is against the Colts and Steelers. Who else are the Ravens going to get at QB ? Go through the draft and hope you get a QB like Kyle Boller ? Joe won a Super Bowl , and he's a consistent winner for me. I don't mind paying him.

Valid points and I don't blame your stance. I might feel the same as a Ravens fan. I was more talking about his contract vs getting rid of him.

Valid points and I don't blame your stance. I might feel the same as a Ravens fan. I was more talking about his contract vs getting rid of him.

I think we all agree it's not the best contract, but there wasn't much choice after the Super Bowl. I think the contract will settle into the middle of the road eventually.

I cant really blame Joe for that, He wants to get paid...all players do no matter if they earn that type of money or not...Management is the one that decided he was worth it......He is a solid QB.....Not close to as great as his contract would suggest he is.....That's on management, Flacco is what he is at this point, A solid QB but not great

I cant really blame Joe for that, He wants to get paid...all players do no matter if they earn that type of money or not...Management is the one that decided he was worth it......He is a solid QB.....Not close to as great as his contract would suggest he is.....That's on management, Flacco is what he is at this point, A solid QB but not great

Management could have gotten him cheaper, but having him play for his big pay day at least netted them one Super Bowl. Granted , he is a solid , above average QB, but at least he wins consistently which guys like Ryan and Cutler are finding hard to do these days.

Big for you guys with the Jets beating the Steelers.

That was a big surprise. I'm not surprised the Ravens won today, but going forward is a concern. They signed three new cornerbacks before this game, and one guy actually had an interception. They have a bye now to work these guys in, but then they are at NO with Bree's, and that is not a place you want to go with waiver wire and practice player cornerbacks.