Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets (+10) @ New England (10-16-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not impressed with New England's super awesome defense.

Chris Ivory ran it down their throat, as did Moreno in week 1.

Once this team runs into another team with a pass rush like K.C. and can run the ball consistently, they're toast.

Oh and Revis getting beat by Decker 1 on 1 was priceless. What I tell you kiddies over the summer? He sucked in Tampa Bay, just like he does in New England. Overrated and past his prime.

What a game! My heart is still racing this morning. Tremendous finish and a bit of redemption of the game to end on a blocked FG by Chris Jones as he was the player that was called for the penalty last year on the Pats STs that gave the Jets a second FG try and a win.

A few thoughts.

Credit the Jets. As usual they came in even with their horrible record and gave the Pats all they could handle. Geno Smith played a really good game, maybe the best of his short career. The killer for them was their red zone offense. Four FGs, no TDs. That was the difference. Pats scored TDs on their red zone's possessions and the Jets FGs.

In terms of the Pats, Brady is having an MVP type month in October - 3 games, 9 TDs no INTs. Also the Pats have now won an unbelievable 31 straight games at home vs AFC opponents and Brady is 7-0 on Thursday night. It is easy to gloss over those numbers but wow that is consistency at an all time level.

Nice to see Shane Vareen have a great game in Steven Ridley's absence. I wanted to see the new kid Gray more but they only activated at 4 p.m. yesterday. He looks big and strong kind of like Ben Jarvis Green Ellis.

Pats run defense was horrific but not sure if that was somewhat intentionally scheme wise. I think they knew the Jets woes in the red zone so no big plays in the pass game vs let them go down methodically every drive. Still though, they have to fix it as it was horrendous. And not good on third down either.

So now 5-2 and already what seems like a strangle hold on the division and a mini-bye and then home vs the Bears and home vs the Broncos. Amazing how this team has responded since that Monday night debacle.

Once this team runs into another team with a pass rush like K.C. and can run the ball consistently, they're toast.

Oh and Revis getting beat by Decker 1 on 1 was priceless. What I tell you kiddies over the summer? He sucked in Tampa Bay, just like he does in New England. Overrated and past his prime.

If you are not impressed with the Pats, you must be absolutely depressed over your Saints.

Jets have a better pass rush than KC and Brady was sacked just once and it was a slide by Brady behind the line. The line has solidified which has allowed Brady to put up MVP type numbers in October.

Decker had 4 catches for 65 yards (no TDs) and as you say a big chunk came on one play so basically Decker was a non-factor for the entire game which is what you would expect from Revis. Not to mention the stop of the game in the fourth quarter on a third down pass to Decker but you probably missed that. Not sure why you keep harping on his year in Tampa over and over when he graded out as the best CB last year after coming off ACL surgery.

Your knowledge of football is one of two things either 1) ignorant 2) colored by hate. I am guessing a combo?

Who's saying NE has a super awesome D? They're the same bend don't break they've been for years now and 31st against the run.

You shouldn't embarrass yourself trying to grade cornerbacks. Revis is playing pretty well right now. They all get beat sometimes.

Forgot about the steamed up lenses! Nice one sir. Disagree on the game, I think NE win by 14+.

I'm always wrong, so you can laugh at me tomorrow. Enjoy the game. I'll get up at 5am and watch it on fast forward....

I wouldn't dream of it... 

Anytime I'm right, pretty much about anything, chalk it up to the "lucky guess" factor. Mrs. GoPats will confirm this. 

The Colts most likely would have beat Oakland and maybe stole another game. The Jets had a chance to win every one of those loses except the Chargers game.

They played two tough teams in Denver and SD equal to our Denver and Philly. Two bad teams in Oakland and Chicago equal to our bad teams Jacksonville and Tennessee. And 3 normal teams in Green Bay Detroit and NE. We could win all those with the team we have the 2 late blown calls that all of America seen against the eagles cost us that game and I believe if we played Denver a little later and not the first game we win it as well

You could say Chicago isn't as bad as Tennessee or Jacksonville and I agree but they still aren't very good either Baltimore and Houston are both doing good

New England looks extremely suspect in my opinion.  The offense is lackluster and the defense is a hollow shell.

Other than a few big plays the lowly New York Jets completely dominated them.

However, they will make the playoffs because they are in the one of the 3 worst divisions in the league.

TOP was concerning but the fact that the O got as many points as they did in that time was impressive. The run D is a HUGE concern and was hurting the pass D. Mayo's loss was felt. BB always says "improve every week". They do keep winning through it all. The Patriots are held to a higher standard. 

3 divisions? Now that's funny. They are they winningest team in the league over the last 15 years. Do you have any idea what that means regarding scheduling?

They played two tough teams in Denver and SD equal to our Denver and Philly. Two bad teams in Oakland and Chicago equal to our bad teams Jacksonville and Tennessee. And 3 normal teams in Green Bay Detroit and NE. We could win all those with the team we have the 2 late blown calls that all of America seen against the eagles cost us that game and I believe if we played Denver a little later and not the first game we win it as well

You could say Chicago isn't as bad as Tennessee or Jacksonville and I agree but they still aren't very good either Baltimore and Houston are both doing good

We all see blown calls in every game. It sucks but it's the new norm so get used to it and stop the whining. Are the Colts a normal team?

The

TOP was concerning but the fact that the O got as many points as they did in that time was impressive. The run D is a HUGE concern and was hurting the pass D. Mayo's loss was felt. BB always says "improve every week". They do keep winning through it all. The Patriots are held to a higher standard. 

3 divisions? Now that's funny. They are they winningest team in the league over the last 15 years. Do you have any idea what that means regarding scheduling?

As I said, there were a few big plays (which were mostly complete breakdowns by the Jet defense rather than anything special New England did).

Yes, they are in one of the weakest 3 divisions this season (AFC East, AFC South, NFC South).

As for the winningest team in the last 15 years, those other 14 teams are not on the field, only this year's team and it is nothing special.

The

As I said, there were a few big plays (which were mostly complete breakdowns by the Jet defense rather than anything special New England did).

Yes, they are in one of the weakest 3 divisions this season (AFC East, AFC South, NFC South).

As for the winningest team in the last 15 years, those other 14 teams are not on the field, only this year's team and it is nothing special.

They're 5-2 and in first place.

The more success the harder SOS meaning no team has played a tougher schedule than the Patriots over the last 15 season. Fact.

We all see blown calls in every game. It sucks but it's the new norm so get used to it and stop the whining. Are the Colts a normal team?

The colts are a great team I also blame our OC partially for the eagles loss he should have just ran the damn ball on 3rd down and kicked the east my FG