Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets (+10) @ New England (10-16-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno where you get that from. I've never noticed it- to the contrary.  BB is pretty good at coaching weather.

Wind the only real killer with QBs for obvious reasons.

Just a personal observation based on a few NE rain games I have seen. (and please nobody give me a million stats of rain games with Brady....)

I find Brady to be better in snow then other elements. 

I am not even saying NE loses either. But, sometimes these games can be closer then expected too on a short week. 

Personally I am hoping for a sloppy game where both QBs fumble and throw multiple pick sixes and it comes down to one team making the game winning FG in a down pour.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 16, 2014 - inappropriate
Hidden by Nadine, October 16, 2014 - inappropriate

Just a personal observation based on a few NE rain games I have seen. (and please nobody give me a million stats of rain games with Brady....)

I am not even saying NE loses either. But, sometimes these games can be closer then expected too on a short week. 

Personally I am hoping for a sloppy game where both QBs fumble and throw multiple pick sixes and it comes down to one team making the game winning FG in a down pour.

That's some freakin' old school AFC East football wet dream right there.

10 seems high to me honestly but I get it given how bad the Jets have looked. Really the only advantage the Jets have in this game is their Dline vs the Pats Oline. The Jets have no secondary so if the Oline can hold its own, I would expect Brady to shred them. But the Jets will come in with a lot of emotion so I expect a tough first half but the Pats to pull away in the second.

Also interested to see who the Pats run the ball. I expect to see a lot of Bolden and Vareen and maybe White.

If the Pats do blow out the Jets, expect the rumor mill to churn with Ryan getting fired during the bye week.

Brady is one of the best poor weather QBs in the history of the game. I won't bother with stats since you just want to base this erroneous assumption on the "few" games you have seen.

The problem Tom has when he plays in the rain is not his grip, or his throwing mechanics or even his footwork. No, he looks underwhelming because the rain smudges his make-up.

Your joke was underwhelming. Figured you would have at least said his Uggs get too water logged. Color me disappointed.

The weather is going to be fine come game time. The Patriots put up near 40 again with even Amendola getting in o0n the TD action.

On a side note. The Jets draft advisers suggested to Parcells that they should take the "skinny kid from Michigan" with the pick before the Patriots snapped him up but Parcells vetoed it already having taken Chad Pennington earlier in the draft. They took the immortal DB Tony Scott instead. 

The weather is going to be fine come game time. The Patriots put up near 40 again with even Amendola getting in o0n the TD action.

On a side note. The Jets draft advisers suggested to Parcells that they should take the "skinny kid from Michigan" with the pick before the Patriots snapped him up but Parcells vetoed it already having taken Chad Pennington earlier in the draft. They took the immortal DB Tony Scott instead. 

I am seeing heavy rain for tonight beginning at 6. Did you see something that said the rain would not come?

Potential to be heavy downpours during the game here tomorrow.

So back to back Thursday Night home games against the Jets with super heavy rain?

Was thinking the same thing. Just a miserable October night ('14) instead of September ('13). 

The problem Tom has when he plays in the rain is not his grip, or his throwing mechanics or even his footwork. No, he looks underwhelming because the rain smudges his make-up.

It also causes the sideline camera lenses to really fog up. Major inconvenience to their clandestine filming practices. 

The home team on Thursdays always has a decisive advantage because they don't have to go through the logistics of even a short trip like this one will be for the Jets. In this case that's somewhat mitigated by the familiarity the teams have with each other, but it's still important I think. 

That said, the Jets almost always give the Patriots all they've got. Part of me believes that Rex could go 2-14 in any given season and still be relatively happy if both of the victories came against NE. Their defensive front seven is very good, and they gave Denver a little trouble last weekend. Tight game until Talib's pick-six.

I give the slight edge to the Patriots in this one, but I can't see it being a blowout either way. 

I am seeing heavy rain for tonight beginning at 6. Did you see something that said the rain would not come?

Channel 7 is saying by game time things should be cleared to the point of maybe a light shower or two. They say tailgaters will get very wet though. The wife is going tonight. I'll be in front of the big screen at home.

Channel 7 is saying by game time things should be cleared to the point of maybe a light shower or two. They say tailgaters will get very wet though. The wife is going tonight. I'll be in front of the big screen at home.

Oh good. I am about 30 minutes north of Foxboro so maybe further south has less rain forecasted. I would prefer a clean game so Tom can air it out vs that awful secondary.

You have the better seat at home. I would not want to be out in this weather although at least it is warm.

I was at a Jets game a few years ago when Dirty Sanchez and the jets beat the Patriots in Foxboro. It was very windy with freezing drizzle. The passing game was completely out the window for both teams. 16-10 or 10-6 something like that. Regular rain isn't a problem for Brady but downpours ruin everyone. I think they lost to the Jets recently in a downpour? The Jets have caught some breaks but that's how it is when you play the game right and not climate controlled.

Was thinking the same thing. Just a miserable October night ('14) instead of September ('13).

It also causes the sideline camera lenses to really fog up. Major inconvenience to their clandestine filming practices.

The home team on Thursdays always has a decisive advantage because they don't have to go through the logistics of even a short trip like this one will be for the Jets. In this case that's somewhat mitigated by the familiarity the teams have with each other, but it's still important I think.

That said, the Jets almost always give the Patriots all they've got. Part of me believes that Rex could go 2-14 in any given season and still be relatively happy if both of the victories came against NE. Their defensive front seven is very good, and they gave Denver a little trouble last weekend. Tight game until Talib's pick-six.

I give the slight edge to the Patriots in this one, but I can't see it being a blowout either way.

Forgot about the steamed up lenses! Nice one sir. Disagree on the game, I think NE win by 14+.

I'm always wrong, so you can laugh at me tomorrow. Enjoy the game. I'll get up at 5am and watch it on fast forward....

Good for Brady they didn't he would have been Sanchezed QB's seem to regress some every year they play for the Jets .

I'm surprised at the Pats props. I think the Pats put up around 40 and the Jets maybe a garbage time TD. They have 0 and I mean 0 passing game.

So then you agree that the Pats win by at least 20 points?

Why would I not be feeling well? I'm leaving tomorrow for a diving vacation in the Caribbean.