Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who has been the biggest surprise on defense for us?

camcolts2621

Man I think the whole D has been covered so I'll give a shout out to Grig's for bringing in UDFA's like Kerr, Purifoy, Dewey, Quarles late and Muamba from the CFL getting a pick for Burley.

That's a nice haul doesn't even include Harrison on O all on the 53 man roster.

He really managed to add to this team without giving up picks and without much to work with toss in AJ and Newsome from the draft.

He wasn't kidding when he said 10 of the UDFA's were on our draft board Great job

I'd say Zach Kerr is exceeding all expectations for an undrafted rookie.

I can't believe he wasn't mentioned before you dude has been very good .

Kerr he's a stud

Davis knew he was good but did not expect him to be the best in league by a wide margin 5 weeks in .

Adams that old man can play some ball

I really don't know.

First reaction... Vontae. Dude has been shut down, top 3 CB in the league this year. I knew he was really good, but I didn't think he was THIS good.

Then I think... Greg Toler. I knew he was a good #2 CB, but injuries always got the best of him.

I would have to say that Mike Adams and RJF have been insanely pleasantly surprising. People wanted RJF traded for a bag of kicking tees before this season started.

Yeah our only TD given up over 40 yards was is Jacksonville. But the longest pass against denver was like 20 yards, there was none in Denver 40*.

I think that long pass Peyton completed to Emmanuel Sanders was longer than 20 yards if my memory serves me correctly.

I'm surprised Toler has been healthy so far, but not all that surprised by his play as he was very good last year when he wasn't hurt.  I was one of the few that liked RJF last year and thought maybe the board was onto something when he was moved down the depth chart, but he's been great since he started getting playing time again.  Biggest surprise to me is Montori Hughes.  He very quickly went from project that had done nothing to looking better than Chapman.  Also surprised that an undrafted FA could come in and immediately make an impact like Kerr has.  Love the depth on the defensive line!  

Dan gets it. Toler is playing just like last season and the boneheads here wrote off RJF and Montori like they were total wastes.

The surprise player is OF Course Jack Doyle, ANOTHER totally Ignored by most player. Yip, we should have kept Saunders because he was a better blocker. ;-)

Player development !!!!