Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Defense vs the Ravens

Smonroe

I can't see the Ravens playing ball control against us.  The numbers don't show it because they got skewed against Philly and that odd rushing attack, but we haven't allowed anyone to run for 100 yards outside of that game.  Our run D is much better than what the stats show. Plus their scheme is very, very familiar.  I think we'll be fine in that area to be honest.  

Im with you on this one Bro Double Smith make them go to that other guy that's been living in Smith's shadow. Oh and stop the run early. They like to pound the rock to open up that play action.

I mean we've held Kubiaks offense in check pretty well the past few years. Same schemes, just different toys this time around

I can't see the Ravens playing ball control against us.  The numbers don't show it because they got skewed against Philly and that odd rushing attack, but we haven't allowed anyone to run for 100 yards outside of that game.  Our run D is much better than what the stats show. Plus their scheme is very, very familiar.  I think we'll be fine in that area to be honest.  

They could play ball control by throwing short passes against the weakest part of our D.  Lot's of screens and passes to the TE going across the middle.

Hopefully Freeman will be back.  I don't think missing Landry will make that much of a difference.

Going to have to continue to get creative with some LB blitzes to get not only Werner/Walden chances at the QB but also Jackson/Freeman and even Landry/Corner blitzes as well. Would like to see our secondary continue to play well after solid back to back weeks, especially our safeties. I doubt we will have Art Jones back, so we need to stop the run which I think we have done a good job at so far this season, and make Flacco beat us. Should be a good game but I think we should win. 

What a joke. Our Safeties have played well against Nobody QB`s? And they really haven`t played that well.

Back to playing with Grownups and being Really abused in the middle. Maybe Not having Landry will help.

They could play ball control by throwing short passes against the weakest part of our D.  Lot's of screens and passes to the TE going across the middle.

Hopefully Freeman will be back.  I don't think missing Landry will make that much of a difference.

We're talking about Owen Daniels, not J. Thomas, Z. Ertz, J. Graham.

We're talking about Owen Daniels, not J. Thomas, Z. Ertz, J. Graham.

Agreed. I think I said it earlier, he's not the same pro bowler he was years ago. Still, a good smart guy.

I've also said we don't need to have a great D. A little above average would be enough with our offense.

The Panthers don't have good CB's but we do. I don't think the Smith's combine for more then 100 yards vs this secondary unless its in garbage time. I think Flacco will have a bad game and throw a couple of INT's. The only way the Ravens offense will be successful is if Daniels goes off like Thomas did, I doubt that happens.

Colts 31 - Ravens 17

The Panthers don't have good CB's but we do. I don't think the Smith's combine for more then 100 yards vs this secondary unless its in garbage time. I think Flacco will have a bad game and throw a couple of INT's. The only way the Ravens offense will be successful is if Daniels goes off like Thomas did, I doubt that happens.

Colts 31 - Ravens 17

I hope you're right.  But if Flacco can stand back there like a statue and survey the field, you can't expect our CBs to maintain coverage all night.

Their starting LT is out, so maybe we can get a little pressure on the QB.  Again, I really hope you're right about the score but I see the game being a lot closer.

1. Stop Steve Smith

2. I know they have a committee RB system, but they have decent RB's, so look out for that

3. Careful over the TE's, that's out weakness too

4. Stop Steve Smith

5. Ravens have good WR's, (S. & T. Smith, etc.), stop them

6. Stop Steve Smith

7. Did I mention to stop Steve Smith?

1. Stop Steve Smith

2. I know they have a committee RB system, but they have decent RB's, so look out for that

3. Careful over the TE's, that's out weakness too

4. Stop Steve Smith

5. Ravens have good WR's, (S. & T. Smith, etc.), stop them

6. Stop Steve Smith

7. Did I mention to stop Steve Smith?

Smith doesn't worry me as much as dumping off to the RBs and TE's going across the middle.

Vontea can stay with anyone.  Butler can hang with anyone.  Toler can interfere with anyone.  Sometimes he gets lucky, sometimes he gets caught.  Still better than giving up the big play.

Little worried about Davis against Steve Smith.  He seems to do well against the bigger WR's but I'm pretty sure that Smith is a small receiver and he struggles against those.

This becomes even scarier in light of Landry's suspension.

We've done better stopping the run as recent but Baltimore is always a good run team so we have to be careful.

This will be the first true test of the Colts run defense.  They are running the ball well and it's really opening things up in the passing game.  I think Davis is one of the best in the NFL but I'm not sure if he has the speed to stay with Smith, so the safeties are going to have to be on the top of their game.  I'm sure Pagano being familiar with Flacco and his reads/adjustments and will be able to fool him somewhat early in the game.  

But it will be a tough game against a good team that is capable of playing really well.

Smith doesn't worry me as much as dumping off to the RBs and TE's going across the middle.

Vontea can stay with anyone.  Butler can hang with anyone.  Toler can interfere with anyone.  Sometimes he gets lucky, sometimes he gets caught.  Still better than giving up the big play.

With the way Steve Smith has been playing and with his speed, anything will worry me right now. Middle dumps are a must to stop as well, Steve Smith just really scares me the most right now.