Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teddy Bridgewater

MTC

Yep. I love the way this kid is looking.

I still don't get why he fell so far in the draft. If I were a Browns fan I'd be sick. I bet that homeless guy wasn't even from Cleveland. Probably fresh off a bus from Cincy.

The fact Manziel got picked over him is mind boggling.

It really made me mad because people were going off how Manziel made them feel with all the excitement and running around.  It's like they never evaluated how the dude actually operated as a Quarterback.  They didn't evaluate how well he was able to decipher defenses and operate the entire offense as a whole.  I could always tell that Bridgewater knew exactly what he was doing.

Falcons defense can't stop the run. They've given up 137 yards today to McKinnon on the ground with only 13 carries. That means he's averaging over 10 yards a carry, probably around 15 yards, but I'm too lazy to do the math right now.

Last week against Tampa gained 217 yards to them, against Cincy they gave up 209, and against the Saints, they gave up a monster of 568.

Most overrated team in the NFC. If Matt Ryan wasn't the poor man's Peyton Manning, no one would like them whatsoever.

Today they have given up 543 yards, that's almost more than the Saints put on them, and this Vikings offense a few weeks ago was being called out for horrible play against the Pats.

Like the Saints, they are not the same team when you get them outside their dome.

They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints. They beat tbe Saints. They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints.

They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints.

They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints.

They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints.

They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints. They beat the Saints.

Bridgewater will be the best qb out of this group. The ankle is fine & the kid will have to play on short rest but I look for great things. Odds are Peterson will be done with this team too because I look for them to go to more of a passing team.

If I'm Speilman than I'm calling up Jerry Jones to see what I can get for Peterson and then I'm taking Gurley in the first round.

If I'm Speilman than I'm calling up Jerry Jones to see what I can get for Peterson and then I'm taking Gurley in the first round.

The Vikes could get some revenge for the Herchel Walker trade by trading Peterson to the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is as insane as Al Davis at times. 

Damn, 41-28...not bad Minnesota. The Bridgewater Experience should go well for that franchise.

He played brilliantly, Q. He was so poised and calm. He looked like a veteran. Most of us Vikings fans wanted him to start over Cassel. I'm sorry that Cassel had to get hurt to give Teddy his chance, but it is Teddy Time from now on.

Bridgewater will be the best qb out of this group. The ankle is fine & the kid will have to play on short rest but I look for great things. Odds are Peterson will be done with this team too because I look for them to go to more of a passing team.

We need balance. I don't want us to go to a more passing game. Bridgewater will be more successful if we have a good running game. I would like Peterson to serve his suspension (in addition to this paid leave/suspension) and come back and play for us. Everyone makes mistakes, some worse than others. If he pays his dues and is able to play again, I would like him to play and retire with the Vikings.

There is speculation that the ankle injury may keep Bridgewater out of Thursday's game. Otherwise, the Vikings probably would not have signed Chandler Harnish to their practice squad. They may need to elevate the current QB on the practice squad to back up Christian Ponder. Not good for us Vikes fans.

He played brilliantly, Q. He was so poised and calm. He looked like a veteran. Most of us Vikings fans wanted him to start over Cassel. I'm sorry that Cassel had to get hurt to give Teddy his chance, but it is Teddy Time from now on.

Yep. Weird how injuries tend to thrust better QBs into the line-up at times.

We need balance. I don't want us to go to a more passing game. Bridgewater will be more successful if we have a good running game. I would like Peterson to serve his suspension (in addition to this paid leave/suspension) and come back and play for us. Everyone makes mistakes, some worse than others. If he pays his dues and is able to play again, I would like him to play and retire with the Vikings.

There will be a lot of people unhappy either way but chances are he has seen the field in a Vikes uniform for the last time. I could be wrong.

There will be a lot of people unhappy either way but chances are he has seen the field in a Vikes uniform for the last time. I could be wrong.

Yes, some people may not be pleased, but that is true with nearly everything. Regarding Peterson's future with the Vikings, I see no reason why they should not bring him back if he's paid his dues and can still play at a high level. He was very well liked in the community and on his team. He sent an inspirational text message to Coach Zimmer before the game yesterday, which Zimmer read to the team. The players, including Bridgewater, said the message meant a lot to them.

What makes you believe he has seen his last days with the Vikings? I just want to know if there is something you read or heard that gives you that impression. Thanks.

Yes, some people may not be pleased, but that is true with nearly everything. Regarding Peterson's future with the Vikings, I see no reason why they should not bring him back if he's paid his dues and can still play at a high level. He was very well liked in the community and on his team. He sent an inspirational text message to Coach Zimmer before the game yesterday, which Zimmer read to the team. The players, including Bridgewater, said the message meant a lot to them.

What makes you believe he has seen his last days with the Vikings? I just want to know if there is something you read or heard that gives you that impression. Thanks.

When all of the problems he has first came up there was a lot of talk about the team parting ways for a variety of reasons. The charges against him & the bad publicity that has been going around the league & the fact that Adrian is not getting any younger. The guy is on the verge of turning 30 which is when most backs start to fall off. The only saving grace for him could turn out to be that contract he signed which is a big one.

When all of the problems he has first came up there was a lot of talk about the team parting ways for a variety of reasons. The charges against him & the bad publicity that has been going around the league & the fact that Adrian is not getting any younger. The guy is on the verge of turning 30 which is when most backs start to fall off. The only saving grace for him could turn out to be that contract he signed which is a big one.

You make good points. However, I don't believe the team wanted to part ways with him. He was the face of the franchise and was universally liked.

Unlike most RBs, his production has not dropped because of age. He was playing like a 25-year-old.

He has more value to the Vikings than to any other team. The Vikings will not release him. They may want to trade him but they will not get much for him.

If Leonard Little and Michael Vick played again, Peterson will play again. I don't believe in lifetime bans unless a player is a multiple repeat offender. Peterson should get another opportunity to redeem himself.

I doubt it, unless he does substantial jail time, which i doubt

Yeah, a few weeks later, and I think the fervor has died down. No question he did wrong, but I don't think he'll be ostracized for it forever. The only reason the Vikings might move on from him is his ridiculous contract. They have a young stud in Jerick McKinnon.

You asked me about Bridgewater a few months ago. After one start, he looks a lot better than I expected. More athletic, more of a playmaker, enough zip on his passes, etc. Don't want to get carried away after such a small sample size, but he looks promising, to say the least. You guys have weapons in McKinnon and Patterson, and a bruiser with Asiata. Might be the beginnings of a nice offense.