Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thanksgiving Day Games Thread

shecolt

I was surprised at the Lions/Packers game today. It started out close, but Green Bay just ran away with it after they scored their first TD. Stafford and company just collapsed. All the penalties, and the interceptions - you can't beat anyone that way. I really thought that Detroit would pull it out today, but I guess that I underestimated just how good the Pack are. Unfortunately, I did not get to watch most of the fourth quarter. I had to quit watching right after Detroit scored their first touchdown. I just read the final score on NFL.com. Did I miss anything spectacular in the final 13 minutes?

To horseshoe: no lions scored a td in last min in garbage time. Rodgers nearly turned it over though...on 3rd down in field goal range he fumbled b/c of horrible pocket awareness but lions couldnt recover so pack scored a field goal n that was it.

To shecolt: suh slammed a player's head into the ground n then stepped on him. Pack was gonna kick a field goal too but the penalty allowed them to score a td. Suh got ejected n det pass rush sucked after that.

The 49ers were exposed as a team that cannot play from behind against a good D. They don't have the wideout firepower or the pass blocking O-line to do so consistently. It showed today with 9 sacks. Plus, one can never figure out the Ravens. If they played like they played today, they can be SB champs, no doubt in my mind. But then, if another team can somewhat score, then the same doubts I have about Alex Smith is the same doubts I have about Joe Flacco, can they be relied upon to throw several times without hurting their team with turnovers?

I really wish that I still got the NFL Network so I could have seen the Ravens/49ers last night. I had the channel for a few weeks after signing up for digital cable a couple months ago, but my cable company made some programming changes, and I lost it. I am kind of angry that I won't get to see the Colts Thursday night game in a couple of weeks. Anyway, there was some good Thanksgiving Day football action yesterday. It is really a blessing to get to eat good food and watch the NFL on Thanksgiving. Awesome...