Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

week 2 predictions

CR91

Min over NE.

Ne can't stop the run nor protect the QB.

There are much worse OLs in this league than ours.....NE and Chicago off of the top...Washington....and so on.  I was not even impressed with the Seahawks OL.

Denvers?  Another story.

@Coltsrule 91:  Have to check all of the injuries first.  There are more to come not listed. :thmup:

pit vs bal: Pitsburgh, Baltimore is too depleted to contend, even though I don't expect Roethlisberger to explode again

mia vs buf: Toss up, Gonna go with Miami, because I feel their pass rush should disrupt EJ Manuel more than he can handle

jax vs was: Jacksonville. Washington be turrible yo.

dal vs ten: toss up. I think Tennessee takes this based on the fact Dallas has no defense. Entirely dependent on which Romo shows up.

ari vs nyg: Arizona. Giants be turrible yo.

ne vs min: NE. I seriously don't think Minnesota is going to Foxboro and making NE 0-2. If this happens be scared Patriots fans.

no vs cle: New Orleans. Cleveland doesn't have the firepower to keep up with them, and I don't think their defense will come close to slowing Breezy down.

atl vs cin: Toss up. I think Atlanta squeaks this one by. It's just a hunch really lol.

det vs car: Carolina. Carolina's defense will provide an actual test for the Detroit offense, and we'll see just how good Stafford looks trying to deal with Kuechly in the middle of the field. A more mobile Cam Newton will also slow the Detroit pass rush a tad. This has game of the week potential.

sea vs sd: Seattle. Unless San Diego can really shake the rust off that offense (looking at you Royal), Seattle should run away with this.

hou vs oak: Toss up. Two teams that aren't very good but have a piece or two. I think Houston takes this one though, as Derek Carr will make mistakes with Watt in his face all day long.

nyj vs gb: Packers should take this, but Jets games with Geno and Rex always seem to be a roller coaster of insanity. Don't be surprised if the Jets make a game of it, only to bobble it away later.

kc vs den: Denver should roll, especially if Andy Reid has decided this is the year to abandon the run (let's be real, it was inevitable he did).

chi vs sf: San Fran. After the dominating performance they put up in Dallas, it's hard not to pick them against a Bears team that lost at home to a Buffalo squad that not many people expected much from.

phi vs ind: Colts. I think Indy will be able to keep up the pressure and run the ball more effectively to slow the Kelly offense. Also I'm a gross and unabashed homer who is not afraid to admit that he's taking his team in what is in reality probably a pickum  game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went ahead and included my thoughts on each game for maximum embarrassment come next week :P

Quick Edit: I just realized the Giants and Redskisn will have to play each other twice this year. What belligerent entity did we as football fans offend so greatly as to have his hex placed upon us?

pit vs bal: Pitsburgh, Baltimore is too depleted to contend, even though I don't expect Roethlisberger to explode again

mia vs buf: Toss up, Gonna go with Miami, because I feel their pass rush should disrupt EJ Manuel more than he can handle

dal vs ten: toss up. I think Tennessee takes this based on the fact Dallas has no defense. Entirely dependent on which Romo shows up.

ne vs min: NE. I seriously don't think Minnesota is going to Foxboro and making NE 0-2. If this happens be scared Patriots fans.

no vs cle: New Orleans. Cleveland doesn't have the firepower to keep up with them, and I don't think their defense will come close to slowing Breezy down.

atl vs cin: Toss up. I think Atlanta squeaks this one by. It's just a hunch really lol.

det vs car: Carolina. Carolina's defense will provide an actual test for the Detroit offense, and we'll see just how good Stafford looks trying to deal with Kuechly in the middle of the field. A more mobile Cam Newton will also slow the Detroit pass rush a tad. This has game of the week potential.

sea vs sd: Seattle. Unless San Diego can really shake the rust off that offense (looking at you Royal), Seattle should run away with this.

hou vs oak: Toss up. Two teams that aren't very good but have a piece or two. I think Houston takes this one though, as Derek Carr will make mistakes with Watt in his face all day long.

nyj vs gb: Packers should take this, but Jets games with Geno and Rex always seem to be a roller coaster of insanity. Don't be surprised if the Jets make a game of it, only to bobble it away later.

kc vs den: Denver should roll, especially if Andy Reid has decided this is the year to abandon the run (let's be real, it was inevitable he did).

chi vs sf: San Fran. After the dominating performance they put up in Dallas, it's hard not to pick them against a Bears team that lost at home to a Buffalo squad that not many people expected much from.

phi vs ind: Colts. I think Indy will be able to keep up the pressure and run the ball more effectively to slow the Kelly offense. Also I'm a gross and unabashed homer who is not afraid to admit that he's taking his team in what is in reality probably a pickum  game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went ahead and included my thoughts on each game for maximum embarrassment come next week :P

Quick Edit: I just realized the Giants and Redskisn will have to play each other twice this year. What belligerent entity did we as football fans offend so greatly as to have his hex placed upon us?

vikings are home

pit vs bal...........Pittsburg

mia vs buf.........Miami

jac vs was........Jacksonville

dal vs ten.........Tennessee

ari vs nyg..........Arizona

ne vs min...............New England

no vs cle...............New Orleans

atl vs cin..........Cincinatti

det vs car.........Detroit

sea vs sd.........Seattle

hou vs oak.......Houston

nyj vs gb..........Green BY

kc vs den.........Denver

chi vs sf............SanFrancisco

phi vs ind.........Philly.

I'll go with that.

There are much worse OLs in this league than ours.....NE and Chicago off of the top...Washington....and so on.  I was not even impressed with the Seahawks OL.

Denvers?  Another story.

@Coltsrule 91:  Have to check all of the injuries first.  There are more to come not listed. :thmup:

That's a bit harsh, IMO. I would take the Seahawks OL to run block for Trent in a heartbeat.

No way do I see the New named teams start 0-2.

Cleveland gave up 350 yards in the first half in Pittsburgh, and the Saints put 34 points on the board in Atlanta. Brees will light that defense up just as he did Atlanta's last week. The big question of course is if the Saints defense performs as bad as it did against the Falcons, is what will determine if it's not a blow out.

I do not see the Pats starting 0-2, though Minnesota's defense has improved greatly.

Maybe....the rookie was playing...like a rookie :)

I'll take ole Max Unger :)

The interior of that offensive line is one of the best in the league the RT got beat a couple of times but he is a rookie I am  thinking he will have that figured out by wk 17.

Unger and Carpenter were opening holes I could drive my truck through and the OC is a very good play caller, that is a way to help out a line do the things they are good at as opposed to what you would like to be able to do.....

For some bizarre reason I thought that game was in New England. I still take the Pats though, that's a team that plays angry after a loss, and I don't know that the Vikes have the pass rush to disrupt Brady the way Miami did.

I agree But if the pats can't fix their run D. could be bad news for the pats. When is the last time they started 0-2?

Cleveland gave up 350 yards in the first half in Pittsburgh, and the Saints put 34 points on the board in Atlanta. Brees will light that defense up just as he did Atlanta's last week. The big question of course is if the Saints defense performs as bad as it did against the Falcons, is what will determine if it's not a blow out.

I do not see the Pats starting 0-2, though Minnesota's defense has improved greatly.

I thought Ron Ryan was a gawd!!!

I agree But if the pats can't fix their run D. could be bad news for the pats. When is the last time they started 0-2?

Well, they hadn't lost opening day in like 11 years, so at least that long. This is different territory for them, and we're basically looking at their legendary bounce back capability to not put themselves in a bizarre hole to Miami.

It actually protected Rodgers pretty well considering that they were playing against Seattle IN Seattle. Jets don't have any decent CBs. Rodgers should tear them up. And the Jets offense is pretty terrible

Jets have a top 3 defensive line and the Packers can't stop the run. I expect Johnson and Ivory to have big games. I think the Packers will miss the playoffs this year and the Lions win the division. Raji and Bulaga are hurt and James Jones leaving really hurt this team.

I just re-read this whole post using. Charles Barkleys voice, it was awesomeness

Minnesota is a good looking team, and I think they and Detroit will battle it out all season for the top spot up north. I'd put my Monopoly money (not a betting man) on A. Peterson, and maybe even C. Patterson too to run all over New England, Detroit destroys Carolina, and Atl vs. Cin to be a shootout. Colts should be able to beat the Eagles if they keep the two backs in check along with Riley Cooper and the rest of the clan. Oh, wait. Sorry about that.

Minnesota is a good looking team, and I think they and Detroit will battle it out all season for the top spot up north. I'd put my Monopoly money (not a betting man) on A. Peterson, and maybe even C. Patterson too to run all over New England, Detroit destroys Carolina, and Atl vs. Cin to be a shootout. Colts should be able to beat the Eagles if they keep the two backs in check along with Riley Cooper and the rest of the clan. Oh, wait. Sorry about that.

I'm sorry but, I don't know what Carolina team you think will show up, but under no circumstances should you expect Detroit to destroy them. The Panthers have arguably the number 2 defense in football, and a dynamic playmaker at QB in Newton. This is a team that will be battling it out for the top spot in their division with NO and ATL, and they have a real chance of coming out on top. And they are getting destroyed by Detroit? How? What did Detroit show you in beating up on an anemic Giants team at Ford Field that made you believe that was what they will bring against an actual opponent?

I'm sorry but, I don't know what Carolina team you think will show up, but under no circumstances should you expect Detroit to destroy them. The Panthers have arguably the number 2 defense in football, and a dynamic playmaker at QB in Newton. This is a team that will be battling it out for the top spot in their division with NO and ATL, and they have a real chance of coming out on top. And they are getting destroyed by Detroit? How? What did Detroit show you in beating up on an anemic Giants team at Ford Field that made you believe that was what they will bring against an actual opponent?

Number 2 defense after one game with a qb who didn't play... and they beat Tampa Bay by 7. Carolina has no real standout at receiver. Meanwhile Detroit has more than one target on offense, a dynamic pass catching running back, and defensively they looked better than Carolina. 

And if Carolina wins that division I'll eat my pointy hat.

3067544.png

Number 2 defense after one game with a qb who didn't play... and they beat Tampa Bay by 7. Carolina has no real standout at receiver. Meanwhile Detroit has more than one target on offense, a dynamic pass catching running back, and defensively they looked better than Carolina.

Everyone looks great on D when you play against Eli.

He played alright last year, didn't he? We already knew Carolina had a solid D.

Detroit not so much.

He did good for a guy who has been a perennial back up throughout his career. He had 13 td's along with 1 interception in 8 games, but that was last year... and with a totally different team. However, if you want to go off last years teams I seem to recall Carolina having a pretty bad offense that lost players. So they will struggle in that area, and that defense better be stellar to make up for it those problems. Detroit has improved all around. 

I think 2001 but they were 1-2 in 2012. Won the opener and then dropped the next two. At one point that season they were 3-4 as well and then went on to win 12. They should win Sunday but that is not a gimmee game by any means. Vikes are tough at home. How do you think the Colts do vs Philly? That is also a brutal week 2 match up for a team 0-1.

I think 2001 but they were 1-2 in 2012. Won the opener and then dropped the next two. At one point that season they were 3-4 as well and then went on to win 12. They should win Sunday but that is not a gimmee game by any means. Vikes are tough at home. How do you think the Colts do vs Philly? That is also a brutal week 2 match up for a team 0-1.

I honestly don't know what to expect. Philly can score in bunches. I think it will be a shoot out. Could go either way.

I honestly don't know what to expect. Philly can score in bunches. I think it will be a shoot out. Could go either way.

I think the start of the game will tell the tale. If we start petrified again, we may not be able to come back against this team. I think they keep that offense going hard the whole game.

He did good for a guy who has been a perennial back up throughout his career. He had 13 td's along with 1 interception in 8 games, but that was last year... and with a totally different team. However, if you want to go off last years teams I seem to recall Carolina having a pretty bad offense that lost players. So they will struggle in that area, and that defense better be stellar to make up for it those problems. Detroit has improved all around. 

13 TD/1 INT is pretty good for anybody I'd say...

What I'm saying is, Manning is worse than McCown, in my opinion. So it's easy for a decent defense to look great against him. They may have improved but it's gonna take more than a game or two for me to say their D is on par with Carolina's.