Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gronk to play sunday against Phins...

Sports Central1

Gronk said officially he will play sunday against the Dolphins...

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/gronkowski-ready-go-week-1-miami

Dolphins on Gronk: "We’ll be ready for him."...

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/dolphins-gronk-%E2%80%98we%E2%80%99ll-be-ready-him%E2%80%99

Why did Gronk spill the beans? Let's count the ways...

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/why-did-gronk-spill-beans-lets-count-ways

If he is on the field, he will be there to contribute. Gronk is no decoy. They may limit his playing time though to work him back slowly. Depends on how big of a lead the Pats jump out to. ;)

And the way the Dolphins are looking, it is going to be a significant lead lol.

please no one can stop the gronk. yes I am biased because hes on my fantasy team haha

Be very careful I had him last year he said he was playing week after week and didn't play even after being cleared by all doctors  not to burst your bubble but have a back up ready to go hope it's an early game.

Good luck I hope he is a go for you

If he is on the field, he will be there to contribute. Gronk is no decoy. They may limit his playing time though to work him back slowly. Depends on how big of a lead the Pats jump out to. ;)

wow... even when i say something good about the Pats, you still find a way to argue.

Nothing wrong with Gronk being a decoy.  If he frees up other players to get open then that's great.  He can be used to block Brady's weak side too.

If I was the Pats' coaching staff I would change Gronk's style some what to protect his health for his longevity.  He's injury prone.  So I wouldn't make him run long routes down field where he's susceptible to getting injured.  I'd keep him closer to the ling of scrimmage to 10 to 15 yards.  In the red zone is where I'd really use him.

One of the best tight ends in football announced he's been cleared to play in the week 1 matchup between the New England Patriots and Miami Dolphins New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowksi has spent the offseason rehabbing after surg.

Do you just copy and paste headlines?

wow... even when i say something good about the Pats, you still find a way to argue.

Who is arguing? If Gronk is out there he will be targeted was my point. I don't disagree that Wright could have the bigger day but I am not counting on it given he has only been with the Pats for about a week and has yet to play with Brady in an actual game. Brady will look Gronk's way before Wright.

If I was the Pats' coaching staff I would change Gronk's style some what to protect his health for his longevity.  He's injury prone.  So I wouldn't make him run long routes down field where he's susceptible to getting injured.  I'd keep him closer to the ling of scrimmage to 10 to 15 yards.  In the red zone is where I'd really use him.

He is great going deep though on the seam/fly route. I think what they have to do is break the seam routes out so he is not running straight down the middle in the path of harm. Have them turn toward the sideline so he can catch it away from traffic and head out of bounds to avoid contact.

I didn't get that at all from his response. It's just good football sense. Gronks not a decoy. He's a great pass/run blocker and receiver.  

Drawing attention and decoy are two very different things.

Who is arguing? If Gronk is out there he will be targeted was my point. I don't disagree that Wright could have the bigger day but I am not counting on it given he has only been with the Pats for about a week and has yet to play with Brady in an actual game. Brady will look Gronk's way before Wright.

now you are arguing with me on if you were arguing before...  ;)

Last season they brought him along pretty slowly, playing him 20-30 snaps/game for a few weeks before he played every offensive snap in the Denver game. I think that's what you'll see. He'll come in if/when the Patriots have the ball on Miami's half of the field. The Red Zone efficiency numbers with and without him last year were eye-popping. Something like 67% in the games he played, and between 40-45% when he didn't. 

I'll be holding my breath whenever he's running free with the ball, or if he stays down on the turf for even an extra second. They're totally different players at different positions but Gronk is like our Bob Sanders, lol... 

geez.... now you are arguing if you were arguing or had a difference of opinion   

Looks like Gronk may not be certain to play according to Bill, http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11453491/new-england-patriots-coach-bill-belichick-not-ready-say-whether-tight-end-rob-gronkowski-play-sunday

But I think this is just Bill's way of trying to keep the Fins off-balance.