Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So when does Eli Manning get benched?

ReMeDy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do that and then I'll give you Bradshaw's, Staubach's and Big Ben's. Just let me put this milk jug full of rings away first.

Buddy, what are you even arguing at this point? I have never seen so much flip flopping and contradictions. You talked about MVP caliber years of other QBs and then when asked to give Eli's, you can't. So now you throw out Qbs who have multiple rings. Can you even properly defend one point that you make?

Buddy, what are you even arguing at this point? I have never seen so much flip flopping and contradictions. You talked about MVP caliber years of other QBs and then when asked to give Eli's, you can't. So now you throw out Qbs who have multiple rings. Can you even properly defend one point that you make?

I'm just rolling with your logic. You told me straight up more than once that quarterbacks are paid to win games and that Eli was the reason the Giants lost the games they lost. I said ok, then wouldn't he be the reason won the games that they won? O no no no it doesn't work like that...see he was carried by the defense and stuff. I said well wasn't Brady? O no no no that was different. Talk about flip flopping.

I find it hard to believe this guy even knows what he is talking about at this point.

What?

You told me straight up more than once that quarterbacks are paid to win games and that Eli was the reason the Giants lost the games they lost. I said ok, then wouldn't he be the reason won the games that they won? O no no no it doesn't work like that...see he was carried by the defense and stuff. I said well wasn't Brady? O no no no that was different.

Yeah I agree. What I don't understand is how the QB ratings have Tom listed so low. You know I was just kidding but it seems like the so called experts have overlooked how great Tom has been in the past. I have not watched enough of the Giants to know exactly what their problem is. Lack of receivers, running backs or play calling? Maybe a little of all those things. Maybe a change of coaches including the head coach might be in order. I think Eli has lost his confidence that's for sure.

I'm not an expert but a lot of Eli's issues arose with the dramatic drop off of the Giants run game. Combine that with the defense having tons of injuries and losing guys and suddenly your starting at your 20 instead of the 40 and your not getting takeaways. Then to make it worse their offensive line has had a ton of turn over due to age. Then to make matters worse...their offense has always utilized their TEs as safety valves and well they have had some bad injuries there.....so basically...the whole team has been a mess....of age, injuries, and then Eli has been pressing and forcing plays...and it got ugly. I don't think this year is the year they turn it around but by second half of the season and by next year with the new offense and as they add some more pieces they will be a good solid team again. They really had some of the most well-rounded football teams during those SB runs....really good running game....great work in the trenches...and timely qb play. That is why they won in the playoffs....but really a lot of that has fallen apart....but not all of that is Eli's fault...that said I don't think Eli is like Peyton...he can't elevate his team and make up for their short comings...he doesn't have that talent that say Tom or Peyton has....he has always been streaky and always made big plays and big mistakes..his biggest asset has been that he seems to be unflappable...just ice cold in big moments...thats great but your not going to get to that point unless you can carry a team to the playoffs...and he just isn't that kinda qb.

• 2 months later...

I'm necro-rising this topic in wake of Eli typing his career-worst 5 INT game. Why is this guy still a starter!? If this was any other QB, he would be benched by now. Tom Coughlin needs to stop with these antics. At this point, their season is basically over with a 3-7 record. Time to see what Ryan Nassib is capable of.

Past Superbowl rings don't help you win games or validate your skill as a QB. Your playing ability does, and Eli is playing poorly.

Eli is, as he always has been, an average QB who got hot at the right time with a great defense and won a couple of rings with the Giants. He is a slightly better Trent Dilfer in that he didn't just hand the ball off most of the time and could actually throw.

Eli is still a better option than a no-name backup for now. The Giants aren't going anywhere regardless of who the QB is because the team is simply not good. Eli is not good enough to make them look better than they are, but I wouldn't bet on the backup being any better.

Rings don't validate QB's. I'd take Dan Marino in his prime over Eli, Roethlisberger, Brady, Bradshaw, Peyton, and a multitude of QB's who happened to have Superbowl winning teams one or more times.

Eli's game-high record is five? I expected more.

Peyton has topped that with six in the Chargers game :). I am sure Peyton is rooting for Eli to play this entire year so that Eli can break Peyton's record of 28 INTs :). He came pretty close last year.

Peyton has topped that with six in the Chargers game :). I am sure Peyton is rooting for Eli to play this entire year so that Eli can break Peyton's record of 28 INTs :). He came pretty close last year.

haha if that's the case I don't think Peyton has to worry, Coughlin apparently isn't going to ever give up on Eli. We have six games left, plenty of time for him to break it ;)