Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New 2014 Texans Look Familiar

King Colt

why are you acting like it is outlandish and foolish of me to predict that the worst team in the league wont finish with a winning record, after not improving their weakest area and the most important area in pro sports?

lol 

i dont believe in magic sry..

If you truly think the Texans are the worst team in the league then there's nothing I can say to you. Defense wins championships is the saying, and it didn't take a great QB to win the Super Bowl a few months ago either. Sry

If you truly think the Texans are the worst team in the league then there's nothing I can say to you. Defense wins championships is the saying, and it didn't take a great QB to win the Super Bowl a few months ago either. Sry

Where did the Texans drastically improve from last year?

Where did the Texans drastically improve from last year?

Our roster wasn't terrible last year either. We suffered injuries greatly, you as a Colt fan should understand that, and we also suffered the ailment of stubborn coaches. But since you're asking...

We've updated the secondary, cut some loose ends that needed cutting, our runningbacks are going to be more versatile and involved in the passing game, offensive line is improved, defensive line needs no explanation, we are getting Cush back and we have added other playmakers at the LB core. QB remains a question mark but our coaching is definitely going to have an impact on us winning games.

It worked great last year

It worked pretty well the two years before that. Last year was a bad bounce. A decent QB played very poorly, close games were lost, the coach was ill and they had a host of injuries. They had a great draft, they got good players back and I think they will bounce back big time. Probably not as big as the Colt's bounce from 2-14 but good enough to put up a winning record. They need a QB who can manage the game and avoid turnovers. He doesn't have to do great things because the D will keep them in most games. I like what they have done.

It worked great last year

I did say "could"  ;-)

This. That's how I found out about it. It was scrolling across NFL Network's screen every 5 minutes when it broke.

There have been other threads about guys in the NFL with health issues...not ours though...I'm not fooled. Funnily enough, I don't have to start a thread about us doing bad, one of those is made within 10 seconds. For obvious reasons I stated.

I've been impressed with both the Titans & the Jags this offseason. I still think 9 or 10 wins will win the division, but I think those two are finally headed in the right direction.

Do they look familiar?

Think about it.

Who is the QB? Oh yeah, that's right, they don't have one. For all the flack Matt Schaub received last year, they found someone that was worse than him.

Who is the coach? Bill O'Brien who couldn't even win in Penn State, failed Belichek coach, check.

Gary Kubiak had a heart attack on the field, and no one is bothered that no one cares about this at all?

Who gets Wade Phillips job? Romeo Crennel, wait hold up, another failed Belichek coach? Double check.

The coaching is going to be so bad on this team, they are not going to have a chance. I mean O'Brien is already doing a great job running them into the ground.

2-14 or 3-13 here they come....again.

Let's be real.....Clowney is going to be a stud.  Any mistake that he made in his first NFL action ever is completely correctable.

But, just like last year, the Texans still have many holes.  Their schedule might net them 8-9 wins.

8-9 wins? Are you guys in the comedy club?

They couldn't even 4 games last year, and they have worsened the coaching staff.

One of the keys to the Colts success in the past decade is playing a super weak division. You guys have it made, no worries at all. That's 3 easy wins a year from your division.

They couldn't even 4 games last year, and they have worsened the coaching staff.

One of the keys to the Colts success in the past decade is playing a super weak division. You guys have it made, no worries at all. That's 3 easy wins a year from your division.

So were going to go 3-3 in the division? Doesn't sound very easy to me.

Do they look familiar?

Think about it.

Who is the QB? Oh yeah, that's right, they don't have one. For all the flack Matt Schaub received last year, they found someone that was worse than him.

Who is the coach? Bill O'Brien who couldn't even win in Penn State, failed Belichek coach, check.

Gary Kubiak had a heart attack on the field, and no one is bothered that no one cares about this at all?

Who gets Wade Phillips job? Romeo Crennel, wait hold up, another failed Belichek coach? Double check.

The coaching is going to be so bad on this team, they are not going to have a chance. I mean O'Brien is already doing a great job running them into the ground.

They did pound the Falcons tonight. And Crennel is a great defensive mind. Just because he wasn't successful as a head coach does not mean he cant be as defensive coordinator. You just want to count him out. Still alot of ? For this team though.

Do they look familiar?

Think about it.

Who is the coach? Bill O'Brien who couldn't even win in Penn State, (wth?!?)  failed Belichek coach, (wth?!?) check.

Gary Kubiak had a heart attack on the field, and no one is bothered that no one cares about this at all?   (wth?!?)

Who gets Wade Phillips job? Romeo Crennel, wait hold up, another failed Belichek coach? (wth?!?) Double check.

The coaching is going to be so bad on this team, they are not going to have a chance. I mean O'Brien is already doing a great job running them into the ground.   (wth?!?)

The number of ridiculous comments in this post are almost too many to count.

You're nothing but consistent.      Consistently wrong.

Congratulations!        :thmup:

How did the Texans look tonight?

They blasted Atlanta.......

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554701

I guess people in this thread forgot that the Colts got killed in a pre-season game last year....   so bad that Irsay publicly apologized to the fans....   which made Pagano apologize for the turkey we laid.     How'd the Colts do last season?

Pretty good as I remember.

I'm not saying Houston will be great this year....   or even make the playoffs....    but they'll be improved.    It's not a hard prediction to make.....      unless you're a hater with a very short attention span and no sense of recent history......

Of course they may be improved. It is not tough to up from 2 wins and especially when you have not won till what was it September of last year? But, people hyping them up at times for beating the soft as toilet paper Falcons in preseason need to calm down too. Or how bad they looked in the first preseason game (even if it is funny at times). Heck I have not even watched the Colts yet this preseason sadly. We have looked like a train wreck in some preseasons with Manning then ripped off a season where the offense set records.

Terrible teams have gone 4-0 in preseason or 3-1 and then stunk it up when it mattered all year long.

How they do will be determined eventually....be patient. It will all play out soon enough. I won't be surprised if they get better but then again it is just the odds lol. Doing worse would be 0-1 wins so saying they will improve is something pretty obvious to me.

And unless Luck gets hurt or we suffer major injuries the Colts will NOT be losing the AFC South.

Also, when it comes to a rival I always feel the Titans get ignored in the division by a lot of Colts fans at times. They are often at least floating/floundering in the middle of the pack a lot where they may win 7 or 8 games but a few breaks here or there and who knows if it ends up at 9 to 10 wins.

I won't even mention the Jaguars, I think they speak for themselves most years.

I fear the Texans in our division. If you throw out the QB I think Houston may have the better roster. Yes, I know the Colts receivers are very good but how much of that is Andrew Luck. Switch starting QBs between Houston and Indy and I think Houston would dominate the division. I just don't think we have anything to compare with their defense. Arian Foster is much better than any RB we have. Andre Johnson may be better than any receiver we have. It might not happen this year but the Texans are going to haul the Colts down in the South. They will get a good QB eventually and if Fitz just plays ball control, they will be a handful before this year is over.

I fear the Texans in our division. If you throw out the QB I think Houston may have the better roster. Yes, I know the Colts receivers are very good but how much of that is Andrew Luck. Switch starting QBs between Houston and Indy and I think Houston would dominate the division. I just don't think we have anything to compare with their defense. Arian Foster is much better than any RB we have. Andre Johnson may be better than any receiver we have. It might not happen this year but the Texans are going to haul the Colts down in the South. They will get a good QB eventually and if Fitz just plays ball control, they will be a handful before this year is over.

I think we saw potential last night. I'm glad to see that Fitzpatrick can sustain drives and lead us down the field rather than just throw picks left and right. It is indeed preseason but I can't wait for the regular season to come. It is going to be an interesting year, 2014....

Ummmm Id be careful with those projections. Because by the time Houston does find that QB Andre may not even be with the team or he'll most likely be in the downside of his career. He is 33 keep in mind. And Foster is very talented but that really doesn't do much for them if he cant stay on the field and stay healthy. Who knows how long it could be untill they find "the" guy. And on D they have a shaky secondary at best. The studs on that D are Watt, Cushing and soon to be Clowney. Im sure they have some you upcoming players too. But you look at the Colts. A defensive line of Redding,Chapman,Jones and then you will have Mathis, Freeman, Jackson and Werner at LB. With McNary, Muamba possibly, Werner and Newsome as promising young guys at LB. Freeman and Jackson both had 120+ tackles last season. Thats major production and two guys who fly to the ball. And behind Chapman,Jones and Redding I feel pretty good about thier chances to make alot of plays. And a secondary of Toler,Davis and Butler is Solid. Saftey could be a shaky area but I think we'll find a duo that will manage. We have the players to have a solid Defense. And on Offense it all strts with Luck obviously. Then a deep talented group if receivers and tight ends. O Line jyst needs to stay healthy and mature. Dont forget to that while you say the Texans will be improving and catching up, the colts will be improving as well. Its not like the Colts are just gonna stagnate. I do see Houston becoming competitive again in the future, but overthrowing the Colts.. not so much.

Also, when it comes to a rival I always feel the Titans get ignored in the division by a lot of Colts fans at times. They are often at least floating/floundering in the middle of the pack a lot where they may win 7 or 8 games but a few breaks here or there and who knows if it ends up at 9 to 10 wins.

I won't even mention the Jaguars, I think they speak for themselves most years.

Don't look now, but the Jags are on an upward trend. The Flaming Pokey-Things are still floundering.

Vance is that you using a Colts avatar pretending to be a Colt fan?

the joke is that we base this year on last year...

Houston is much better. Its obvious..

Cant win 11 or 12 with the QBs they have but they could win 8-9..sure they could

In other news, Bob McNair revealed he had been suffering from cancer and was cleared as cancer-free.

Not surprising it wasn't posted here, because unless it's a topic where people can freely crap on the Texans (Andre thread, the 32-0 thread, this one, and others) no one cares about it. A thread about a GM's health would have required some sympathy and I guess after ChuckStrong and the sacrificing of Peyton in the super bowl, Colts fans don't have any left to give.

Rant freaking over.

And you do? I put my fight with cancer in my status update over there>>>>>. You didn't say **** to me, get over yourself.  And yes, some people do care. Cancer doesn't have a team, it picks us all.