Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

David Wilson

IndyD4U

I'm glad he's being smart about it and walking away. Some guys just straight up refuse to leave the game.

Playing into what is old age in football terms is one thing... this young mans career barely got started. I'm glad to see he is smart enough to walk away. Part of me was always hoping Austin Collie would do the same. I don't want to see anyone not be able to have a good life after the game. 

Playing into what is old age in football terms is one thing... this young mans career barely got started. I'm glad to see he is smart enough to walk away. Part of me was always hoping Austin Collie would do the same. I don't want to see anyone not be able to have a good life after the game.

Yep. I was thinking Jermichael Finley and Austin Collie too. I know the love of the game and the money is tempting but guys have friends and family that would rather see them alive and healthy than rich and broken.

He's only 23 years old....and this is why California is cracking down on concussions and treating it as a serious health concern. Can't convince the entire country that the gladiator sport does bad things to people, but at least one state is getting it together.

Johnathan Franklin didn't get this kind of attention when he was forced to retire because of a neck injury. Don't even remember ESPN/NFL Network even bringing it up

Franklin wasn't a first round pick for one of the largest markets in the league.

Not sure why this is such a big deal?

Jason Pinkston with the Browns retired last week due to blood Colts....not one word about him....

Franklin wasn't a first round pick for one of the largest markets in the league.

Replace Franklin with Pinkston and you'll have your answer.  Furthermore, Wilson played a skill position whereas OL receives significantly less attention from the media