Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Discussion thread 7/25

Bravo

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Howell would have had sack on safety blitz. Luck adjusted to quick throw but Moncrief didn't. #Colts

— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB)

July 25, 2014

Nice diving PD by Werner about 15yd downfield.

— Jake Arthur (@JakeArthurPFS)

July 25, 2014

Bjoern Werner has obviously been having a good TC, but it sounds like Delano Howell has had a good training camp as well. 

Praise is fine, but it is 1 practice!

He went crazy last year talking about how athletic Werner is and went on and on. IMO , he set the bar a little high for him in his rookie year. Also among other remarks , who can forget the " bowling ball of butcher knives " quote. I mean what's the point of getting expectations up for players before they even have the pads on ? No big deal … just a thought…

Far cry from Colts favorite Reggie Wayne...All about the Colts.  This guy wears a Red Sox had instead of a Colts hat.....him...and that soft tissue 'issue.'  URRGH>

Meh, different sport, Its America, He can wear it if he wants, Now at least he wasn't wearing an arch rivals hat (Keenan Allen)

Meh, different sport, Its America, He can wear it if he wants, Now at least he wasn't wearing an arch rivals hat (Keenan Allen)

I cannot hide the Me Me Me theme he seems to have.  He should be with his TEAM for all workouts.  He is not a good player, and if he does not like the Colts maybe he should leave.

Hope you are feeling better by the way. :thmup:

He went crazy last year talking about how athletic Werner is and went on and on. IMO , he set the bar a little high for him in his rookie year. Also among other remarks , who can forget the " bowling ball of butcher knives " quote. I mean what's the point of getting expectations up for players before they even have the pads on ? No big deal … just a thought…

I think if Werner had played more he realy didn't have a postion and learning a new one to boot. If he didn't get hurt he would have been fine. I hear what you are saying though having coached for 20 years praise is ok but it effects guys differently, some get a big head and don't continue to work as hard & think they are or don't have to, most work as hard or more because they want MORE PRAISE depends on the guy!

Far cry from Colts favorite Reggie Wayne...All about the Colts.  This guy wears a Red Sox had instead of a Colts hat.....him...and that soft tissue 'issue.'  URRGH>

I think his soft tissue issue is under the cap!

Hope things are better this year with him.

I cannot hide the Me Me Me theme he seems to have.  He should be with his TEAM for all workouts.  He is not a good player, and if he does not like the Colts maybe he should leave.

Hope you are feeling better by the way. :thmup:

Edge James wasn't with the team during TC, Im more concerned about what Landry does on the field, Though like you said, Landry is just not a very good Safety(And Edge was a beast of a rb when healthy) even though he can hit, We have 2 in the box Safeties that are projected to start (Howell, Landry) Neither I'd trust back in coverage, It will be interesting to watch it play out but I think we will be hunting for a cover safety next offseason

im so happy that Whalen is impressing right now. I really think if it comes down to griff and da'rick, we should go with whalen ( if he continues this success throughout camp).

I really think all the recievers actually make it! For special teams reasons. As long as they all play decent and don't slack off of course

I think his soft tissue issue is under the cap!

Hope things are better this year with him.

When you sign a bunch of free agents , you without a doubt will have some good ones and bad ones. This one stunk from the beginning.

im so happy that Whalen is impressing right now. I really think if it comes down to griff and da'rick, we should go with whalen ( if he continues this success throughout camp).

I think so too, especially considering that we now have Donte Moncrief, which makes Rogers a little redundant.  Moncrief is the same size as Rogers but is faster, younger, and seem to have better hands and route running skills.