Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Health is so important

Warhorse

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl

Scroll down to a video on the lower right hand side of the front page about LB's dropping like flies already for teams.

Will someone come calling with a trade or draft pick for Sheppard?

Kirwan is right, he does have experience, with that many starts coaches must trust him. A mediocre known is usually getting the nod over an unknown with potential.

Could be trade bait, maybe a 6 or 7.

Kirwan is right, he does have experience, with that many starts coaches must trust him. A mediocre known is usually getting the nod over an unknown with potential.

Could be trade bait, maybe a 6 or 7.

GM's bring in the mediocre knowns as insurance policies for unknowns with potential.  Just in case this guy turns out to be a dud they have someone they know can play decent.

But even still he might fetch a late round pick.

I can honestly say with a straight face that if it ever did happen, the :colts: wouldn't miss Sheppard or Mario Harvey when they get traded or cut

You must not watch special teams.  Harvey has been a beast since he has been here.

Were you getting apple juice during the Kickoffs?  :)

You must not watch special teams. Harvey has been a beast since he has been here.

Were you getting apple juice during the Kickoffs? :)

Okay.... Special teams whoopity doo. He's a horrible LB as he showed in the time he was given last season.

So we're just supposed to let him play special teams only?

If he doesn't beat out Havili at FB, he needs to go. We can easily find someone who can tackle a returner and also give us depth at their respective position and actually do something when they get in the game besides on special teams

Interesting premise. I don't think Sheppard makes our final 53, assuming our guys are healthy. My way too early projection is D. Jackson, Freeman, A. Jackson, McNary. And if Harvey beats Havili at FB, he can be an emergency backup. I think Muamba has an outside chance of making it; don't know anything about Muamba. 

So if anyone so much as sniffed around about Sheppard, I'd deal him without a second's worth of hesitation. Conditional 7th, if that's what it takes. 

Okay.... Special teams whoopity doo. He's a horrible LB as he showed in the time he was given last season.

So we're just supposed to let him play special teams only?

If he doesn't beat out Havili at FB, he needs to go. We can easily find someone who can tackle a returner and also give us depth at their respective position and actually do something when they get in the game besides on special teams

3 phases.....I totally disagree in the "whoopty doo."  'tude' toward the 3rd phase.  Apparently you did not watch him.  I guess you think Sergio Brown should go too.  Who needs special teams players.

I like the way he pounds at FB.  I hope he beats out Havilli.  That will mean we will run more 1 back or empty backfield sets for our weaponry.

Interesting premise. I don't think Sheppard makes our final 53, assuming our guys are healthy. My way too early projection is D. Jackson, Freeman, A. Jackson, McNary. And if Harvey beats Havili at FB, he can be an emergency backup. I think Muamba has an outside chance of making it; don't know anything about Muamba. 

So if anyone so much as sniffed around about Sheppard, I'd deal him without a second's worth of hesitation. Conditional 7th, if that's what it takes. 

Muamba makes it for sure...signed a 3 yr deal.  Not saying that is the reason because I really like what I have seen.  He is a wrap up tackler and can move sideline to sideline.

3 phases.....I totally disagree in the "whoopty doo." 'tude' toward the 3rd phase. Apparently you did not watch him. I guess you think Sergio Brown should go too. Who needs special teams players.

I like the way he pounds at FB. I hope he beats out Havilli. That will mean we will run more 1 back or empty backfield sets for our weaponry.

Sergio was barely needed at safety so we don't have a big enough sample size to say if he's only a one dimensional player or not. Harvey is just sloppy, looked all out of shape last year so hopefully he got that together

And personally I don't care for the FB position period but it's apart of Pep's offense so I don't have a choice but to live with it. I just think with the personnel we have, running a one back offense would make us so much more dangerous

Muamba makes it for sure...signed a 3 yr deal.  Not saying that is the reason because I really like what I have seen.  He is a wrap up tackler and can move sideline to sideline.

I've only watched a little of Muamba's film, so I can't say. But pretty much everyone gets a three year deal these days. I believe we gave him a relatively large signing bonus/guarantee, so he's obviously got a good chance in the eyes of the front office. But he still has to perform in the preseason. I'm definitely pulling for him.

Sergio was barely needed at safety so we don't have a big enough sample size to say if he's only a one dimensional player or not. Harvey is just sloppy, looked all out of shape last year so hopefully he got that together

And personally I don't care for the FB position period but it's apart of Pep's offense so I don't have a choice but to live with it. I just think with the personnel we have, running a one back offense would make us so much more dangerous

Sergio made the Pro Bowl as a special teams stud.  He is a special teamer making good bucks.  Mario Harvey looked slow when he played LB when forced to.  When playing only special teams, you are at a totally different speed.  Coming in to play LB....I would look sloppy too.  I would love to see Harvey block you though.:)..he has always played with a non-stop motor.

I agree with the second paragraph.  That would make us more dangerous and more unpredictable. :thmup: .

I've only watched a little of Muamba's film, so I can't say. But pretty much everyone gets a three year deal these days. I believe we gave him a relatively large signing bonus/guarantee, so he's obviously got a good chance in the eyes of the front office. But he still has to perform in the preseason. I'm definitely pulling for him.

Me too.  I know the Patriots wanted him pretty bad too.......

Sergio made the Pro Bowl as a special teams stud. He is a special teamer making good bucks. Mario Harvey looked slow when he played LB when forced to. When playing only special teams, you are at a totally different speed. Coming in to play LB....I would look sloppy too. I would love to see Harvey block you though.:)..he has always played with a non-stop motor.

I agree with the second paragraph. That would make us more dangerous and more unpredictable. :thmup: .

Exactly, that's the problem. How can we continue to keep someone who's looking sloe at their natural position?

He's a LB according to Colts.com, not a Special Teamer. I just can't trust him outside of special teams but we know he'll be in at LB sometimes if the past is any indication cause the colts seriously struggle staying healthy at the key positions.

Exactly, that's the problem. How can we continue to keep someone who's looking sloe at their natural position?

He's a LB according to Colts.com, not a Special Teamer. I just can't trust him outside of special teams but we know he'll be in at LB sometimes if the past is any indication cause the colts seriously struggle staying healthy at the key positions.

Because he is now a FB, said Colts.com/roster.  You must have not looked FB means Full Back.

Hopefully we won't need him at LB.  The one game you are referring to he did look 'notso good."(LB)

No, he's officially a FB: http://www.colts.com/team/roster/Mario-Harvey/cb5072d6-9407-4555-ba5a-dded13bad331

I'm thinking he'll only play LB in a severe pinch, because like you said, he was bad at LB last year. We have several options ahead of him at that position, which is part of the reason he switched. At this point, it's really him and Havili (and Cameron White, I guess), competing at FB. And they both made plays on special teams last year, so I think it's going to be a tough competition all the way around.

Because he is now a FB, said Colts.com/roster. You must have not looked FB means Full Back.

Hopefully we won't need him at LB. The one game you are referring to he did look 'notso good."(LB)

I hope he never plays LB for as long as there's a horseshoe on his helmet. But like I said if he can't beat out Havili,I say we cut him

Although cutting Sheppard or trading him like warhorse originally mentioned would work for me until we do cut ties with Harvey

No, he's officially a FB: http://www.colts.com/team/roster/Mario-Harvey/cb5072d6-9407-4555-ba5a-dded13bad331

I'm thinking he'll only play LB in a severe pinch, because like you said, he was bad at LB last year. We have several options ahead of him at that position, which is part of the reason he switched. At this point, it's really him and Havili (and Cameron White, I guess), competing at FB. And they both made plays on special teams last year, so I think it's going to be a tough competition all the way around.

Yeah, I see the FB now. Guess whoever is in charge of the roster listing heard about his wheel route TD catch in camp and changed it. Here's to hoping we never see him at LB again

:cheers:

Edit: Also I think Muamba is gonna surprise the forum. Just getting that vibe from him. I don't know if I'm being bias since Freeman worked out so well or what, but I like the Muamba kids tape

I hope he never plays LB for as long as there's a horseshoe on his helmet. But like I said if he can't beat out Havili,I say we cut him

Although cutting Sheppard or trading him like warhorse originally mentioned would work for me until we do cut ties with Harvey

You need to watch more games.  There is a reason he has stuck around.

At LB he is a run stuffer, yet poor in coverage.  On special teams he runs over people.  That is what guys at 6"0" 264 pounds do.

You need to watch more games.  There is a reason he has stuck around.

At LB he is a run stuffer, yet poor in coverage.  On special teams he runs over people.  That is what guys at 6"0" 264 pounds do.

Andrew Jackson takes that run stuffer role from him now, for less money and with more upside. He has to win the FB battle AND continue to perform at special teams. We might as well forget that he ever was a LB; I don't think he'd still be on the roster if he hadn't agreed to the position change.

Andrew Jackson takes that run stuffer role from him now, for less money and with more upside. He has to win the FB battle AND continue to perform at special teams. We might as well forget that he ever was a LB; I don't think he'd still be on the roster if he hadn't agreed to the position change.

I believe 'Thumper'(Jackson)is the real deal.  I think it is the Colts way of keeping Harvey on the team,  Grigson likes him, and Pagano wants solid special teams play.

Muamba's contract is bigger than Harvey's....not by much....and with 107,000 guaranteed.

I believe 'Thumper'(Jackson)is the real deal.  I think it is the Colts way of keeping Harvey on the team,  Grigson likes him, and Pagano wants solid special teams play.

Muamba's contract is bigger than Harvey's....not by much....and with 107,000 guaranteed.

This year, Harvey's cap hit is $570k. (For some reason, I thought it was $950k). Muamba's cap hit is $420k. So Muamba is still cheaper, but not by much. Kind of a moot point, either way.

3 phases.....I totally disagree in the "whoopty doo."  'tude' toward the 3rd phase.  Apparently you did not watch him.  I guess you think Sergio Brown should go too.  Who needs special teams players.

I like the way he pounds at FB.  I hope he beats out Havilli.  That will mean we will run more 1 back or empty backfield sets for our weaponry.

When have you seen Harvey play at FB??     When would you have seen him?

When have you seen Harvey play at FB??     When would you have seen him?

He has played FB at the goal line in several situations.  I like the way he hits the line of scrimmage.  Kid will hit ya...

According to PFF, he got nine FB snaps in 2012, and six in 2013. I knew that he had some snaps, but I don't really remember any of them.

According to PFF, he got nine FB snaps in 2012, and six in 2013. I knew that he had some snaps, but I don't really remember any of them.

Actually more than I thought.  For as slow as he looked in coverage, he gets of the ball well as a FB.  

I am all for him to make the team.  I guess that will depend on his and Havilli's health.

Thanks for checking PFF for us.  I rarely get on there.

Actually more than I thought.  For as slow as he looked in coverage, he gets of the ball well as a FB.  

I am all for him to make the team.  I guess that will depend on his and Havilli's health.

Thanks for checking PFF for us.  I rarely get on there.

Yeah it's easier to move forward to a predetermined spot than it is to read and react in coverage, moving in all directions with the player you're supposed to be covering. Harvey's more than athletic enough to play fullback.