Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mr. Irsay Please See This

Display name available

As the majority of this forum thinks, The Colts have no future with Jim Caldwell and some even thinks that we don't have any future of significance as a team if we don't fire The Polian family too.

So Mr. Irsay please watch this clip from Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyLpNZiOZUc

That what will happen, if you don't act now!

This dislike of Caldwell I can understand, but have yet to see anything in the overall track record of Bill Polian and even his son that doesn't lead me to think they can fix what is at issue and get this franchise back into the playoff hunt within a season or two.

This dislike of Caldwell I can understand, but have yet to see anything in the overall track record of Bill Polian and even his son that doesn't lead me to think they can fix what is at issue and get this franchise back into the playoff hunt within a season or two.

Is that you Bill?

I feel the same way. We for sure are in the minority

I actually agree - I don't blame Polian for the issues. I blame Caldwell. It's all Caldwell's fault. Everything from the game planning, halftime adjustments, lack of passion in our execution, everything. You even have players now revolting against the guy. Chris Carter made his point clear. Wayne gave a little shoulder nudge that the players can tell the coaches to sit down. Saturday said we got out-coached (though he retracted his comments, so who knows). It's just an endless comedy of errors with this team, and it all starts with the head coach.

As the majority of this forum thinks, The Colts have no future with Jim Caldwell and some even thinks that we don't have any future of significance as a team if we don't fire The Polian family too.

So Mr. Irsay please watch this clip from Youtube:

That what will happen, if you don't act now!

Not sure that clip was worth the 30 seconds I previewed it for.

yeah im not a caldwell fan. i would personally love to see jeff fisher come to indy next year. but all this polian bashing thats goin on is nonsense imo. he is a top 5 exec or better , (maybe the best). yeah he has had some 1st round misses lately, but NO ONE gets them ALL right. i see why he drafted hughes. during our sb loss, we would have benefited having another DE to help an injured freeney! hughes looked good! he was trying to help the team... he took a chance on hughes...it didnt work out. you show me an exec that has got EVERY pick right??? there isnt any! gonzo could be good but he is injured too much. i still think brown can be an excellent duo or trio with addai and carter.... the kids got wheels. yeah we missed on ugo and some others BUT we have found some diamonds in later rounds! the list is long so i wont go into it. i was a fan before polian so i know the heartache of drafting crap every year. bill came to town and the colts have the best regular season record in the last decade! but some people want him gone?? tell me...who are you gonna bring in if he is fired? is there some magic talent evaluator out there that i dont know about? bill polian is 1 of the best in the business and i wish people would cut the guy some slack over a few misses. it happens and nobody hits them all! but he has hit some outta the ball park during his time in indy! im thankful to have him on our team and working for indianapolis.

yeah im not a caldwell fan. i would personally love to see jeff fisher come to indy next year. but all this polian bashing thats goin on is nonsense imo. he is a top 5 exec or better , (maybe the best). yeah he has had some 1st round misses lately, but NO ONE gets them ALL right. i see why he drafted hughes. during our sb loss, we would have benefited having another DE to help an injured freeney! hughes looked good! he was trying to help the team... he took a chance on hughes...it didnt work out. you show me an exec that has got EVERY pick right??? there isnt any! gonzo could be good but he is injured too much. i still think brown can be an excellent duo or trio with addai and carter.... the kids got wheels. yeah we missed on ugo and some others BUT we have found some diamonds in later rounds! the list is long so i wont go into it. i was a fan before polian so i know the heartache of drafting crap every year. bill came to town and the colts have the best regular season record in the last decade! but some people want him gone?? tell me...who are you gonna bring in if he is fired? is there some magic talent evaluator out there that i dont know about? bill polian is 1 of the best in the business and i wish people would cut the guy some slack over a few misses. it happens and nobody hits them all! but he has hit some outta the ball park during his time in indy! im thankful to have him on our team and working for indianapolis.

Not sure if the Polian hate is just about some quesionable draft picks... I think it goes a bit further, like the arrogance, the control over coaches he seems to exercise, the fact that whenever he talks to press he seems to be totally vague...

I think it is alot of things put together...

I mean I feel like personally Polian made two good draft picks...

He chose Edge over Ricky Williams & Peyton over Leaf...

Outside of those two picks, his hits & misses I would say are average...

Not sure if the Polian hate is just about some quesionable draft picks... I think it goes a bit further, like the arrogance, the control over coaches he seems to exercise, the fact that whenever he talks to press he seems to be totally vague...

I think it is alot of things put together...

I mean I feel like personally Polian made two good draft picks...

He chose Edge over Ricky Williams & Peyton over Leaf...

Outside of those two picks, his hits & misses I would say are average...

How would you view Bill B in NE? I mean talk about vague and well over controling...

Bellicheck is vague with the press & he comes off as a smug jerkface most of the time & he is controlling also, but that is good for a coach...

I guarantee you Pioli doesn't call Bellicheck & tell him to sit starters after they have the division wrapped up...

Bellicheck is the COACH so he is the one who should have control of the team...

Not the GM or VP

How would you view Bill B in NE? I mean talk about vague and well over controling...

I would love to have Belichick here as a head coach.

If for no other reason than to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth by every Patriots fan on Earth. In unison. How many chances will there ever be for that to happen?

After watching that video I realized I wasted 1 minute and 14 seconds of my life. I am and always will be a Colts fan, but the midset of the organization needs to change. We got players who want more money and coaches that can't coach. Two examples of the players are Mathis and Wayne. Kind of hard to pay a defensive player more money when we can't stop any team. I think the Saints just scored again. As for Wayne...just goes to show how great Peyton Manning is and how he makes everyone around him look so much better. A receiver is only as good as the person throwing the ball. Time to completely rethink the defense. We have had a mediocre defense for a really long time. Great individual players, I just think we need a new scheme. And it is time to get a head coach with more fire in his belly. Caldwell has done nothing for the team, only try to not mess up what Dungy built.

I feel the same way. We for sure are in the minority

I'm with you.

If most here were more informed as to the moves made by other GM's, they'd never say a bad thing about Polian again.

He "missed" on 3 1st round picks in a row, but the majority of the picks during those same years were good. And really, how much of a miss were they?

-Gonzo has been injured a lot. How in the world could Polian have seen that coming? That's not on him.

-Brown has taken a few years to learn how to run; or is that the fault of the offensive line? Either way, he's been our best back this year. Sorry, but it's true. Is it really a miss when the blocking has been terrible, and now the team is terrible?

-Hughes is a phenomenal athlete, but he's a stand-up rusher in the NFL. He doesn't belong in our system at the moment. That was an oversight by Polian. But Saffold, the guy everyone cries (in hindsight, mind you) we should have drafted, has ended up exactly as Polian predicted he would: moved to RT. He gave up more sacks on his QB than anyone else the last two years, and was moved to RT. Polian said he looked more like a RT. So he was right, but perhaps made a poor pick anyway.

Now we have Anthony Castonzo, which basically wipes out the one true miss we've had in recent years. He's the best LT of the class so far. He just doesn't get to see the field much because our back up QB is off of the field in 30 seconds.

I actually agree - I don't blame Polian for the issues. I blame Caldwell. It's all Caldwell's fault. Everything from the game planning, halftime adjustments, lack of passion in our execution, everything. You even have players now revolting against the guy. Chris Carter made his point clear. Wayne gave a little shoulder nudge that the players can tell the coaches to sit down. Saturday said we got out-coached (though he retracted his comments, so who knows). It's just an endless comedy of errors with this team, and it all starts with the head coach.

It's 100% on Lord Polian. Polian picked the coach, Polian put the players on the field, Polian has Caldwell by a leash.

That is because it is obvious you know nothing about FOOTBALL.

I'm with you.

If most here were more informed as to the moves made by other GM's, they'd never say a bad thing about Polian again.

He "missed" on 3 1st round picks in a row, but the majority of the picks during those same years were good. And really, how much of a miss were they?

-Gonzo has been injured a lot. How in the world could Polian have seen that coming? That's not on him.

-Brown has taken a few years to learn how to run; or is that the fault of the offensive line? Either way, he's been our best back this year. Sorry, but it's true. Is it really a miss when the blocking has been terrible, and now the team is terrible?

-Hughes is a phenomenal athlete, but he's a stand-up rusher in the NFL. He doesn't belong in our system at the moment. That was an oversight by Polian. But Saffold, the guy everyone cries (in hindsight, mind you) we should have drafted, has ended up exactly as Polian predicted he would: moved to RT. He gave up more sacks on his QB than anyone else the last two years, and was moved to RT. Polian said he looked more like a RT. So he was right, but perhaps made a poor pick anyway.

Now we have Anthony Castonzo, which basically wipes out the one true miss we've had in recent years. He's the best LT of the class so far. He just doesn't get to see the field much because our back up QB is off of the field in 30 seconds.

I can seldom agree with you, but I do feel polian deserves a little bit more rope at this point. However if in anyway someone can get on here and defend Caldwell they just don't get the game. You can tell that he has no clue what he is doing. Manning has covered for him. My lord there are teams winning with rookie qb's 3rd string qb' and you mean to tell me that this guy is a good coach. Even most experts, you know the ones who get paid to have an opinion on these matters say the colts coaching situation is dismal at best and that the colts seem to be worse every week. Many teams are winning a few games with much less talent than we have. Sorry to be honest but that is coaching. Jon foxx is winning running the freaking veer.

I can seldom agree with you, but I do feel polian deserves a little bit more rope at this point. However if in anyway someone can get on here and defend Caldwell they just don't get the game. You can tell that he has no clue what he is doing. Manning has covered for him. My lord there are teams winning with rookie qb's 3rd string qb' and you mean to tell me that this guy is a good coach. Even most experts, you know the ones who get paid to have an opinion on these matters say the colts coaching situation is dismal at best and that the colts seem to be worse every week. Many teams are winning a few games with much less talent than we have. Sorry to be honest but that is coaching. Jon foxx is winning running the freaking veer.

I would be interested in knowing your background in pro football? What teams did you work for how long and at what positions? Because if your opinion is based just what you see from your TV or from the stands at the stadium then really it's just an opinion not based in full knowledge and background. You can dislike the way he coaches but to claim he can't coach or doesn't know how to coach isn't based on anything but what you see.

I would be interested in knowing your background in pro football? What teams did you work for how long and at what positions? Because if your opinion is based just what you see from your TV or from the stands at the stadium then really it's just an opinion not based in full knowledge and background. You can dislike the way he coaches but to claim he can't coach or doesn't know how to coach isn't based on anything but what you see.

I have coached at every level from 5 years old to freshman football for 22 years. YOU.

False. 2007 was terrible.

1 32 32 Anthony Gonzalez Wide Receiver Ohio State 2 10 42 Tony Ugoh Offensive Tackle Arkansas 3 31 95 Daymeion Hughes Cornerback California 3 34 98 Quinn Pitcock Defensive Tackle Ohio State 4 32 131 Brannon Condren Safety Troy 4 37 136 Clint Session Linebacker Pittsburgh 5 32 169 Roy Hall Wide Receiver Ohio State 5 36 173 Michael Coe Cornerback Alabama State 7 32 232 Keyunta Dawson Linebacker Texas Tech

Best guy on that list is now a Jaguar. Now, 2008 was slightly better, but overall still terrible.

2 28 59 Mike Pollak Center Arizona State 3 30 93 Philip Wheeler Linebacker Georgia Tech 4 28 127 Jacob Tamme Tight End Kentucky 5 26 161 Marcus Howard Linebacker Georgia 6 30 196 Tom Santi Tight End Virginia 6 35 201 Steve Justice Center Wake Forest 6 36 202 Mike Hart Running Back Michigan 6 39 205 Pierre Garcon Wide Receiver Mount Union 7 29 236 Jamey Richard Center Buffalo

You got what? Pierre and Wheeler? Maybe Tamme? That's not exactly blowing my skirt up.

1 27 27 Donald Brown Running Back Connecticut 2 24 56 Fili Moala Defensive Tackle USC 3 28 92 Jerraud Powers Cornerback Auburn 4 27 127 Austin Collie Wide Receiver Brigham Young 4 36 136 Terrance Taylor Defensive Tackle Michigan 6 28 201 Curtis Painter Quarterback Purdue 7 13 222 Pat McAfee Kicker West Virginia 7 27 236 Jaimie Thomas Guard Maryland

I'll give 2009 a passing grade. I don't like the Brown pick, but Moala, Powers, Collie, and McAfee make up for it.

1 31 31 Jerry Hughes Defensive End TCU 2 31 63 Pat Angerer Linebacker Iowa 3 30 94 Kevin Thomas Cornerback USC 4 31 129 Jacques McClendon Guard Tennessee 5 31 162 Brody Eldridge Tight End Oklahoma 7 31 238 Ricardo Mathews Defensive End Cincinnati 7 33 240 Kavell Conner Linebacker Clemson 7 39 246 Ray Fisher Cornerback Indiana

2010 was no better. You have Angerer and Conner. Hughes has contributed nothing thus far.

Jim Cadwell led us to a 14-0 start because of everyone played hard all year. Year #2 injuries 10-6 and the stupidest timeout call in the PLAYOFFS! Year #3 0-16... sorry no faith. He has no emotion which means he cant fire guys up. He claps when the team does something terrible idk what hes doing when he does that. We need another Defensive minded coach so Peyton can do his thing next year with the O and the coach can work with the D. Also we need a Coach that shows emotion! Hire Jeff Fisher!!!!

Jim Cadwell led us to a 14-0 start because of everyone played hard all year. Year #2 injuries 10-6 and the stupidest timeout call in the PLAYOFFS! Year #3 0-16... sorry no faith. He has no emotion which means he cant fire guys up. He claps when the team does something terrible idk what hes doing when he does that. We need another Defensive minded coach so Peyton can do his thing next year with the O and the coach can work with the D. Also we need a Coach that shows emotion! Hire Jeff Fisher!!!!

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have coached at every level from 5 years old to freshman football for 22 years. YOU.

I haven't coached in years and then it was youth football. If you really think that your experience is the same that is on the level that Caldwell is on your are kidding yourself. Neither of us know what kind of coach he is, we can dislike how he handles the team but no on on this forum has the knowledge or information available to them to state he can't coach.

False. 2007 was terrible.

1 32 32 Anthony Gonzalez Wide Receiver Ohio State 2 10 42 Tony Ugoh Offensive Tackle Arkansas 3 31 95 Daymeion Hughes Cornerback California 3 34 98 Quinn Pitcock Defensive Tackle Ohio State 4 32 131 Brannon Condren Safety Troy 4 37 136 Clint Session Linebacker Pittsburgh 5 32 169 Roy Hall Wide Receiver Ohio State 5 36 173 Michael Coe Cornerback Alabama State 7 32 232 Keyunta Dawson Linebacker Texas Tech

Best guy on that list is now a Jaguar. Now, 2008 was slightly better, but overall still terrible.

2 28 59 Mike Pollak Center Arizona State 3 30 93 Philip Wheeler Linebacker Georgia Tech 4 28 127 Jacob Tamme Tight End Kentucky 5 26 161 Marcus Howard Linebacker Georgia 6 30 196 Tom Santi Tight End Virginia 6 35 201 Steve Justice Center Wake Forest 6 36 202 Mike Hart Running Back Michigan 6 39 205 Pierre Garcon Wide Receiver Mount Union 7 29 236 Jamey Richard Center Buffalo

You got what? Pierre and Wheeler? Maybe Tamme? That's not exactly blowing my skirt up.

1 27 27 Donald Brown Running Back Connecticut 2 24 56 Fili Moala Defensive Tackle USC 3 28 92 Jerraud Powers Cornerback Auburn 4 27 127 Austin Collie Wide Receiver Brigham Young 4 36 136 Terrance Taylor Defensive Tackle Michigan 6 28 201 Curtis Painter Quarterback Purdue 7 13 222 Pat McAfee Kicker West Virginia 7 27 236 Jaimie Thomas Guard Maryland

I'll give 2009 a passing grade. I don't like the Brown pick, but Moala, Powers, Collie, and McAfee make up for it.

1 31 31 Jerry Hughes Defensive End TCU 2 31 63 Pat Angerer Linebacker Iowa 3 30 94 Kevin Thomas Cornerback USC 4 31 129 Jacques McClendon Guard Tennessee 5 31 162 Brody Eldridge Tight End Oklahoma 7 31 238 Ricardo Mathews Defensive End Cincinnati 7 33 240 Kavell Conner Linebacker Clemson 7 39 246 Ray Fisher Cornerback Indiana

2010 was no better. You have Angerer and Conner. Hughes has contributed nothing thus far.

It would be intersting to see how the colts draft stands up agains say the Pats over the same timeline...

Why does emotion = winning?

I haven't coached in years and then it was youth football. If you really think that your experience is the same that is on the level that Caldwell is on your are kidding yourself. Neither of us know what kind of coach he is, we can dislike how he handles the team but no on on this forum has the knowledge or information available to them to state he can't coach.

I would bet you any amount of money that I could be 0-10. I was smart enough to relize that freshman ball was my limit, and he soon will relize that to.

I would bet you any amount of money that I could be 0-10. I was smart enough to relize that freshman ball was my limit, and he soon will relize that to.

Maybe but making a call on someone without all the facts to me just isn't fair. Do I have issues with how the games are being played, sure am, but I don't have any way to know why it is, and thus I will not pass judgement, I will allow those running the show with much more knowledge and a winning track record to make the call.

It would be intersting to see how the colts draft stands up agains say the Pats over the same timeline...

I can already tell you it looks fairly similar. I post a lot on Patriots Planet and it's been an ongoing discussion for some time now.

I'm not drawing any parallels about it, I just know that until this year's draft we have not been our normal successful selves when it comes to drafting.

I can already tell you it looks fairly similar. I post a lot on Patriots Planet and it's been an ongoing discussion for some time now.

I'm not drawing any parallels about it, I just know that until this year's draft we have not been our normal successful selves when it comes to drafting.

I wonder or how teams determine if their draft is a success and how long they give players to show if they were worth their draft slot.