Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Are Two Games Up On Everybody For #1 Pick?

Yeah it does look like we should have that top pick now. And this loss should also cement the firing of Caldwell and Coyer at season's end.

I still would like to make an offer to bring Jim Harbaugh to be our coach with Andrew Luck brought in. If we cant though I like Mike Zimmer, Rob Ryan, or maybe some highly touted defensive mind from college.

Yeah it does look like we should have that top pick now. And this loss should also cement the firing of Caldwell and Coyer at season's end.

I still would like to make an offer to bring Jim Harbaugh to be our coach with Andrew Luck brought in. If we cant though I like Mike Zimmer, Rob Ryan, or maybe some highly touted defensive mind from college.

I don't think he'd leave the 49ers to come here, Harbaugh that is..

you are correct. In about fifteen minutes, this will be shut down, because the "suck for luck" debate will soon begin.

Draft. Him.

This was not meant to be a Luck thread although it will turn out that way. I never said in the original post anything about what we would do with that pick. Hopefully the mods keep this thread right here.

I dont think the Dolphins will win another game, the rest of their schedule consists of teams all with a winning record

the Rams are in the worst division in the NFL they could easily beat the Seahawks or Cardinals again

Colts have Jax Tenn and Carolina for potential wins

other than that Its safe to assume the Colts will get the # 1 pick

I dont think the Dolphins will win another game, the rest of their schedule consists of teams all with a winning record

the Rams are in the worst division in the NFL they could easily beat the Seahawks or Cardinals again

Colts have Jax Tenn and Carolina for potential wins

other than that Its safe to assume the Colts will get the # 1 pick

I wouldn't count the Dolphins out even against winning records. They are not looking too bad right now. A heck of a lot better than we look.

Dolphins could easily have 2-3 more wins.. I definitely expect them to win another game or two as well... The Rams play Seattle twice & SF twice so they will probably at least get another win. In terms of the Colts if they can't even beat the Jags @ home I honestly think Carolina after the bye is only other winnable game. The Titans are looking good, Ravens, Pats & Texans are all most likely losses. I don't see why we would beat the Jags @ JVille if we can't even beat them @ home. I definitely see 0-16 or 2-14 at the VERY best (that's asking a lot though). :facepalm:

I was rooting so hard for the Dolphins and Rams to win today, this gives us a 2-game lead on them for the #1 overall pick. Unlike other folks here, I view this season as a blessing in disguise. Yes, it sucks that we are barely even competitive and have totally given up, no one wants that. But the fact of the matter is that this one awful year could potentially lead to another decade of success.

Even if Manning and everyone else stayed healthy, we are not a serious Super Bowl contender anymore. This team is slowly fading as we have a talent deficiency and a lot of aging veterans. This team would still win games over the next few years, but we probably wouldn't seriously contend for titles and would continue to draft in the upper-20's each Draft Day, not really helping us a whole lot. Then when Manning retires, where do we go from there? We would fall off the map and start all over again.

Instead, Manning gets hurt and we suffer through a horrible season. However, we time it perfect and secure the most valuable #1 overall pick in the past 10-15 years. What a great situation to fall into! We either draft a franchise QB in Luck, or we trade it for a massive group of draft picks and restock. Either way is a HUGE win for this franchise and puts us back on the fast-track towards success. Also, we get the #1 pick in every other round of the draft. For once, we are going to get to select the best of the best in each round, improving our chances of drafting the best talent available, rather than hoping to find steals.

Look, this season sucks and isn't fun for anyone. However, we can all get an excellent consolation prize and rejuvenate our fanbase if we secure the #1 overall pick and draft the best of the best in this year's draft. At least then, all of this losing is rewarded in a way. The Colts need to seize this opportunity and move us forward into a new era that is going to be just as exciting as the past one. I can't wait to see how it's going to turn out.

I was rooting so hard for the Dolphins and Rams to win today, this gives us a 2-game lead on them for the #1 overall pick. Unlike other folks here, I view this season as a blessing in disguise. Yes, it sucks that we are barely even competitive and have totally given up, no one wants that. But the fact of the matter is that this one awful year could potentially lead to another decade of success.

Even if Manning and everyone else stayed healthy, we are not a serious Super Bowl contender anymore. This team is slowly fading as we have a talent deficiency and a lot of aging veterans. This team would still win games over the next few years, but we probably wouldn't seriously contend for titles and would continue to draft in the upper-20's each Draft Day, not really helping us a whole lot. Then when Manning retires, where do we go from there? We would fall off the map and start all over again.

Instead, Manning gets hurt and we suffer through a horrible season. However, we time it perfect and secure the most valuable #1 overall pick in the past 10-15 years. What a great situation to fall into! We either draft a franchise QB in Luck, or we trade it for a massive group of draft picks and restock. Either way is a HUGE win for this franchise and puts us back on the fast-track towards success. Also, we get the #1 pick in every other round of the draft. For once, we are going to get to select the best of the best in each round, improving our chances of drafting the best talent available, rather than hoping to find steals.

Look, this season sucks and isn't fun for anyone. However, we can all get an excellent consolation prize and rejuvenate our fanbase if we secure the #1 overall pick and draft the best of the best in this year's draft. At least then, all of this losing is rewarded in a way. The Colts need to seize this opportunity and move us forward into a new era that is going to be just as exciting as the past one. I can't wait to see how it's going to turn out.

you're not crazy. :unsure:

Watched luck yesterday in that game. Still not 100% sold on him. He's playing behind a top 2 offensive line in the nation, and he has a top running game at stanford. If he comes to the colts, he has neither of those things.

Just not sure what to think of him and a lot of his throws were super-high yesterday.

Watched luck yesterday in that game. Still not 100% sold on him. He's playing behind a top 2 offensive line in the nation, and he has a top running game at stanford. If he comes to the colts, he has neither of those things.

Just not sure what to think of him and a lot of his throws were super-high yesterday.

I agree, haseo..

That's why I'd trade the No.1 for 2 or 3 picks.

A QB can be one of them.

But we have the No.1 locked...Jax is the only team we can beat unless 'Carolina' Cam gets injured...

Again ..the logical thing to do ....since we have a weak defense....

..would be to trade that 1st pick for 2 or 3 high picks and draft cornerback, safety and defensive line help we desperately need.

Absolutely, just like we should have went for a better defense back when we drafted Manning! What were we thinking????

they weren't blocking for dung and their defense sucks.No QB is worth salt when he is harrassed all the time.Brady is suddenly very mortal when he gets the heat.Oregon is a way better and more talented team.All of Lucks recievers areTE's,that's why they don't throw deep.