Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Out of Bordem Mock Drafts

So on a daily basis after exhausting ever new piece of colts information I can get my hands on and outta of boredom I mock drat on fanspeak I know I need a life lol. Anyway I see that they have added two new bug boards which replaced optimum scouting what follows are a few unrealistic but interesting drafts.

DraftTV
YOUR PICKS
R2
S JIMMIE WARD
NORTHERN ILLINOIS
R3
DT DOMINIQUE EASLEY
FLORIDA
R5
CB DONTAE JOHNSON
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
R6
C BRYAN STORK
FLORIDA STATE
R7
S BROCK VEREEN
MINNESOTA

in this draft by the seventh round there was 1 C 1 G and 1 WR left on the board wow.

Ourlads

YOUR PICKS
R2
S WARD, JIMMIE
NORTHERN ILLINOIS
R3
S JOYNER, LAMARCUS
FLORIDA STATE
R5
WR BRYANT, MARTAVIS
CLEMSON
R6
G DOZIER, DAKOTA
FURMAN
R7
C IKARD, GABE
OKLAHOMA

Again I know this is more than a dream but was fun I guess I was amazed who was left on the board after round seven (Breeland, Sam, a few others) in the third round I actually had a shot at Adams and had a shot in the second at Benjamin. The ourlads board was also interesting because it had a few guys there from Canada not sure if Canadian league or what.

ward and joyner? that will never happen

Why not? Joyner is looking more and more like a third round guy, and Ward could easily slip to #59. If we did that, Joyner would be play at slot corner -- Walter Thurmond -- and Ward would play strong safety. I can dig it, even though I'd rather have Brooks than Ward.

Why not? Joyner is looking more and more like a third round guy, and Ward could easily slip to #59. If we did that, Joyner would be play at slot corner -- Walter Thurmond -- and Ward would play strong safety. I can dig it, even though I'd rather have Brooks than Ward.

im not saying I wouldn't like it. it would really booster our secondary, but ward is a 30-40 range pick so unless we trade up it wont happen

im not saying I wouldn't like it. it would really booster our secondary, but ward is a 35-40 range pick so unless we trade up it wont happen

Fair enough. You never know what happens on draft day, but I agree that Ward probably won't be there at #59. Of course, the OP is using a popular mock simulator, so I can't blame him for taking what the sim gives him. And again, I'd rather have Brooks anyways. More of a chance he falls to #59 than Ward, I think.

In the draft that I got Ward and joyner ..Brooks and bucannon were both gone by 59 as crazy as it is bucannon went to Tennessee I believe in the first and went before pryor lol. I know these things aren't accurate it just kind of throws me how off some of these things are.

Ward will for sure be gone by #59. We could maybe get Joyner at #59 if Joyner makes it to the third it will be very early third rd.

So on a daily basis after exhausting ever new piece of colts information I can get my hands on and outta of boredom I mock drat on fanspeak I know I need a life lol. Anyway I see that they have added two new bug boards which replaced optimum scouting what follows are a few unrealistic but interesting drafts.

DraftTV
YOUR PICKS
R2
S JIMMIE WARD
NORTHERN ILLINOIS
R3
DT DOMINIQUE EASLEY
FLORIDA
R5
CB DONTAE JOHNSON
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
R6
C BRYAN STORK
FLORIDA STATE
R7
S BROCK VEREEN
MINNESOTA

in this draft by the seventh round there was 1 C 1 G and 1 WR left on the board wow.

Ourlads

YOUR PICKS
R2
S WARD, JIMMIE
NORTHERN ILLINOIS
R3
S JOYNER, LAMARCUS
FLORIDA STATE
R5
WR BRYANT, MARTAVIS
CLEMSON
R6
G DOZIER, DAKOTA
FURMAN
R7
C IKARD, GABE
OKLAHOMA

Again I know this is more than a dream but was fun I guess I was amazed who was left on the board after round seven (Breeland, Sam, a few others) in the third round I actually had a shot at Adams and had a shot in the second at Benjamin. The ourlads board was also interesting because it had a few guys there from Canada not sure if Canadian league or what.

These simulator games are fun.....   but they don't resemble the real world.

You used two different sources in your two games -- great.   Smart of you to do that.

But at the same time, almost every single pick will be gone -- in some cases,  LONG gone -- by the time our picks come around.

These simulator games do NOT KNOW how to rank players.    They guys available in all sorts of crazy rounds.

Don't get me wrong.....   you picked the right guys.    But in the real world,  those guys will be long gone by the time our picks come around.

Remember, those games are fun.........        but they're not realistic.

He's not going to available at 59, let alone the 4th. His tape is too good.

I disagree. His tape was really good last year. His tape this year wasn't as good because of his knee. But I would think that as far as the top DT's after Jernigan and Donald, there is Louis Nix, Rashede Hageman, Daquan Jones, and then you probably have Easley. Late 3rd, maybe early 4th.

Also I'm currently watching Path to the Draft on NFL Network and this mock draft may be right on. They were talking about underrated prospects who don't get enough hype and Deone Bucannon was a big discussion. He was the fastest DB at the combine and Curtis Conway says he can probably play FS or SS. Maybe that means Jimmie Ward falls right in our lap :goodluck:

I disagree. His tape was really good last year. His tape this year wasn't as good because of his knee. But I would think that as far as the top DT's after Jernigan and Donald, there is Louis Nix, Rashede Hageman, Daquan Jones, and then you probably have Easley. Late 3rd, maybe early 4th.

His tape this year was spectacular as well. His explosion is absolutely insane off of the snap. Here's a recent article on him:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2040466-nfl-draft-2014-what-has-nfl-scouts-excited-about-florida-dt-dominique-easley

I sincerely hope he drops to 59 and Grigson snatches him up because he has the tape of a top 5 player. He's a better prospect than Tank Carradine was who went at the top of the 2nd. And Easley isn't going to miss the entire year. 

I mean, look at this:

ee0fc2eb341086d1642665e835456387.gif?139