Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reasons for Optimism.......

spidey_man46940

Hey Colts Nation!! This is my first posted topic but Ive followed the forum for a long time and love it. Its a great way for fans to interact and stay close to the game and team we all love. I really think this team is as solid as its been in a long time (Ive followed them since they came to Indy in '84) w/ just a couple areas as far as depth. I just wanted to throw my two cents in :pass: on ALL the reasons to be optimistic. There is nowhere but up w/ our QB, TE's (Allen/Fleener), WR's (Wayne/Hilton/Nicks/Whalen/Brazil/Rogers), RB's (Richardson/Ballard/Bradshaw), and our possible OL ( Castonzo/Thomas/Costa/Holmes/Cherilus) WOW!!  They should be torturing defenses for awhile. Our D looks to be much improved also w/ DL (Redding/Chapman/Jones), LB's (Werner/Jackson/Freeman/Mathis), and a potentially dominate secondary w/ Landry/Howell/Toler/Davis mmm,mmm. Im really excited to see what the team looks like come August!! A little Boomstick and $$ for icing on the cake :woah:  :excited:. Regardless of what else we do that looks pretty solid for me.  I really LOVE our COLTS!!

I agree it is a great time to be Optimistic. Really appreciate your vision with Holmes. He should be a VG center and maybe even more valuable as a Guard.
That is what training camp is all about.
 We have young guys who have been in the system that can be expected to get their shots over the season and i expect them to really add to our strength. lol
 Not a matter of expecting going from 65 to a 100 with the O-Line. . I think we will get to At Least an 80 though by seasons end with what we already have. A significant jump.

The Monster Build is working.
 yeehaaa!

I am a big Colts fan in Alaska. Our passing game should be terrific and I am thinking that will help our running game be effective. I can't wait for the season to start! Whenever I feel down I rewatch the third and fourth quarters of the Kansas City playoff game and I am happy again. A great cure for depression! Rich in Alaska

Im not worried at all, the roster looks solid, and last season the injury bug happened to Plague us again. Hopefully this season everyone remains healthy and we make that SB run.

This^^^ After being decimated with injuries last season, we still made the playoffs and won a game.

This upcoming season looks real promising.

I'm optimistic about the weapons around Luck and the defensive line because I think Jones will make our defense significantly better.  And if Toler can stay in the lineup and healthy he should make us better too.

Still not optimistic about the FS position or the O-line.  

We essentially have no coverage safeties on the roster to play FS and or solution to the offensive line problems was essentially to cut Satele (good) and sign a backup center and let him compete with a guy that the coaches kept inactive for nearly the entire season last year?  And that isn't to mention the fact that we are going into next season starting Thorton.  I hope the guy is significantly improved from last season.

I am a big Colts fan in Alaska. Our passing game should be terrific and I am thinking that will help our running game be effective. I can't wait for the season to start! Whenever I feel down I rewatch the third and fourth quarters of the Kansas City playoff game and I am happy again. A great cure for depression! Rich in Alaska

I am a big Colt fan in Anchorage. Where do you watch the games? Hopefully we will get a little more love but it gets old waking up to the Broncos and Seahawks. Games start at 9am in the AK

I agree the passing game should really open up the running game. I hope the OC realizes that you can actually do that. We can pass on first down while the game is tied or even with a lead.

Thomas and Allen should really help the running game. I am anxious to see 34 with a training camp.