Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kellen Moore

When I watch him..I see a left-handed Drew Brees

..reading defense at the line and laying the ball in the receivers hands..

Boise basically runs the Colts spread attack..

.....I read that he wont be picked high in the first round and its obvious..here is Peyton Manning's replacement..

Here is a young man who wouldnt mind sitting 3 or four years../He's better that Curtis painter now..

..and the Colts can draft him at the top of the 2nd round...

..adressing their other needs with the first pick (or trade)

Your thoughts...

He's not pro ready, and he has no mobility. He may be accurate but he has no arm and no zip, not to mention a great team, plus an easy schedule.

I am not a fan of Boise State..I think they are an inferior pretender..to any natonal honors...

You cant be ranked No. 3 playing UNLV...

But his arm is as strong as Brees..and he's more mobile than Manning...

he's easily pro ready.../////Look Tim Tebow and Curtis Painter start in the NFL

His problem is height...He's barely 6 feet...

But he's better than the kid from Oklahoma...easily...

I am not a fan of Boise State..I think they are an inferior pretender..to any natonal honors...

You cant be ranked No. 3 playing UNLV...

But his arm is as strong as Brees..and he's more mobile than Manning...

he's easily pro ready.../////Look Tim Tebow and Curtis Painter start in the NFL

His problem is height...He's barely 6 feet...

But he's better than the kid from Oklahoma...easily...

He's not better than Landry Jones, and his passes have no zips, I've been watching him. Being more mobile than PM is not hard, and every starting QB in the league right now is more mobile than Manning. I can name you 4 QBs better than him: Luck, Barkley, Jones, and Griffin III

Edited by Andy246

I hope we draft him because I think we can agree on 2 things

He wont go in the 1st round...

..and he's better than Curtis and Danny 'O'

But why pass up Andrew Luck...now if you don't like Luck, why pass up on Griffin or Foles in the 2nd round.

But why pass up Andrew Luck...now if you don't like Luck, why pass up on Griffin or Foles in the 2nd round.

Because we need top defensive help...

like the Claiborne kid from LSU..we need him desperatley...

...and we can get Moore in the 2nd round.

I like Luck....Look.here's a college kid who calls his own plays...

That's Manning-esque...//But we are crippled on the corner...

We need a Revis-like shutdown guy ad when you saw that LSU_Alabama guy, you saw him.

I'm drafting a backup QB for now and a potential starter in 3 or 4 years..

That's Moore...Luck wants to (and should) start from Day One..

We need a Revis-like shutdown guy ad when you saw that LSU_Alabama guy, you saw him.

I know Claiborne is good, but the draft has quality CBs going into the 3rd and even 4th round, we could snag Gilmore in the 2nd round, maybe even get Kirkpatrick. We can't pass up on our future. We could draft 2 quality CBs in the 2nd and 4th round, and pick Luck in the first. BTW, we could get Kellen Moore in the 4th round if we wanted too, and we don't want to do that. If we invest in a QB it's all or nothing, and Luck is the "all".

I know Claiborne is good, but the draft has quality CBs going into the 3rd and even 4th round, we could snag Gilmore in the 2nd round, maybe even get Kirkpatrick. We can't pass up on our future. We could draft 2 quality CBs in the 2nd and 4th round, and pick Luck in the first. BTW, we could get Kellen Moore in the 4th round if we wanted too, and we don't want to do that. If we invest in a QB it's all or nothing, and Luck is the "all".

Its hard to judge college corners....but this Claiborne guy seems elite...

and 3rd round corners are jacob lacey..right?

We need DT help and the O-line wouldnt reject another strong prospect

if we draft Luck..I'll be his biggest fan....but we are getting annihilated in the secondary...and on the D-line and we need the best..

one of the rest....

If Moore's not even worth a 4th round selection...... I just dont know how Luck is a certain Hall-of-Famer

Its hard to judge college corners....but this Claiborne guy seems elite...

and 3rd round corners are jacob lacey..right?

We need DT help and the O-line wouldnt reject another strong prospect

if we draft Luck..I'll be his biggest fan....but we are getting annihilated in the secondary...and on the D-line and we need the best..

one of the rest....

If Moore's not even worth a 4th round selection...... I just dont know how Luck is a certain Hall-of-Famer

Not only are 3rd round corners better than Lacey, but there as good as Powers, if not better. Andrew Luck > Kellen Moore. DT is not our biggest need. We have a good prospect in Nevis, and we could always pick one up in the 5th round.

Kellen Moore will not get picked until maybe the 5th round. In that case I'd rather get Case Keenum. Holds almost every major NCAA passing record and good size at 6-2 210lbs. He's a low risk high reward at the 6th round.

Kellen Moore is....well imagine Chad Pennington if he got trapped in Doug Flutie's body without the mobility. He's nothing special.

Kellen Moore will not get picked until maybe the 5th round. In that case I'd rather get Case Keenum. Holds almost every major NCAA passing record and good size at 6-2 210lbs. He's a low risk high reward at the 6th round.

Kellen Moore is....well imagine Chad Pennington if he got trapped in Doug Flutie's body without the mobility. He's nothing special.

Are you sure...CCH>?

Did you think Tim Tebow would be picked inthe 1st round?? I sure didnt.

Are you sure...CCH>?

Did you think Tim Tebow would be picked inthe 1st round?? I sure didnt.

No one thought Tebow would go in the 1st round.... he was 3rd-4th round material at best, good for short yardage and situational plays. But it was Josh McDaniels and GM Brian Xanders who engineered that move. As we know, McDaniels was fired and Xanders pretty much can't go to the toilet now without VP John Elway's permission.

Kellen Moore is a very entertaining college QB....but if Peyton's situation is still uncertain and we pass on Andrew Luck and trade down anyway, than I'd prefer Barkley, Foles, Tanneyhill, Griffin or Jones over Moore....in that order.

First, my assumption is Peyton is not coming back before you read further :).

The only way Kellen Moore is a Colt is if he drops to the 5th or 6th round, and we have Andrew Luck as pick No.1 already, to be drafted as Luck's backup. Kellen Moore would then be a case of Mike Hart dropping in the draft as an RB, a great college RB that dropped due to injury concerns and with Kellen Moore, it would be concerns about his arm that would make him drop.

Curtis Painter will be entering his last year of his rookie contract in the 2012 season and Kellen Moore could be the 3rd QB on the roster behind Luck & Painter and once the 2013 season starts, he could be our back up QB allowing us to let go of Painter. I don't think that would be a wasted pick because it can result in:

1) Backup QB that is cerebral enough to understand our offense and execute it better than Painter to win us games should Luck go down due to injury at any point in his career

2) Backup QB, if he turns out to be half as good as Luck or better, like Kolb was showcased when Vick went down, he could provide us trade value down the road

I am not sold on Painter to be our long term backup plan either, given how many reps he has had with the first string and still has tons of struggles with his timing and accuracy. He should be progressing, not regressing at this point. It also re-inforces why the management and coaches went out there and got Kerry Collins in the first place since he did not inspire confidence that he could actually play at a high level for 60 min. and win a game on his arm for us.

Edited by chad72

This is amateur hour. No, not the idea of drafting or passing on Kellen Moore, but the reasons behind each option.

"He plays a soft schedule."

Right, but if he's no good, he wouldn't put up big numbers. Oh wait...he puts up colossal numbers. Despite being from the same recruiting pool as the other teams on that soft schedule, he stands out as leagues above them. Furthermore, Boise State plays games, out-of-conference, against top-tier teams (Oregon, for example), and guess what? They always win. What's their BCS bowl record, by the way? They have proven, without question, that they can play and defeat the top teams from the big boy conferences.

"He's not mobile."

He's more mobile than Peyton Manning.

"He's got a weak arm."

So you've measured the speed, velocity, and force? Can I see the results? Because his passes seem to get where they need to be, when he needs them to be there, just as quickly as anyone else.

"He's too small."

So is Drew Brees.

"He's better than Painter now."

Well, he technically hasn't proven that in the NFL yet, so no he's not.

Look, I really don't have an opinion one way or the other, but these arguments are just as bad as the people who stand for drafting Luck. They have never put up a logical argument, beyond the easy-to-regurgitate water cooler speech, and this thread is becoming much of the same.

This is amateur hour.

I thought we already established that we're all just average joe fans weighing in with our opinions. Wouldn't that, by definition, make this entire forum "amateur hour" since none of us are professionals and getting paid for our analysis? :P

Yeah Doogans, lighten up :). Let some average joe gibberish be permitted in your confines, just don't take everything seriously for its face value :). Otherwise, your hair could become like Mel Kiper (even without the hair gel) overanalyzing it.

Case Keenum, Graham Harrell, David Klingler, Tim Couch and Colt Brennan also put up monster numbers. The jury is still out on a few of these guys but monster college numbers didn't equate to NFL success for Klingler and Couch.

If the Colts decided to spend a late round pick on Kellen Moore to give him a chance then that's one thing, but I wouldn't personally want to see anything higher than a 4th round pick spent on him. However, I could still think of 8-10 QBs I'd prefer to see brought in over Kellen Moore. :)

Tim Tebow was a 1st round choice....

Jimmy Claussen was a 2....Tom Brady was what..? 5?

If Moore is available in round 3...He's a steal....

Jimmy Clausen as of right now i think is a back-up, and isnt very good. Tom brady was a 6th rounder and was a STEAL, nothing like that is gonna happen again.

Kellen moore is expected to go in the 3rd or lower, therefore he cannot be a "steal" if he is selected in the spot predicted. I want you to check this out. http://bleacherrepor...nfl-quarterback. I'm not saying moore cant succeed in the nfl because he is "small". This right here is probably just what the others on this forum are talking about

Tim Tebow was a 1st round choice....

Jimmy Claussen was a 2....Tom Brady was what..? 5?

If Moore is available in round 3...He's a steal....

Kellen Moore is a 6th round Qb. 3rd round would be a waste of a defensive player.

Listen to Jason...

Um, No... Jason never knows what he's talking about, he thinks too much like you.

Moore has All Pro QB written all over him, with his diminuitive size and below average arm strength.

Kellen Moore is a 6th round Qb. 3rd round would be a waste of a defensive player.

Um, No... Jason never knows what he's talking about, he thinks too much like you.

Todd..you are underrating Moore....6th round is basically a street player..

where was Tom Brady drafted...?

I'd use a '3' on Moore