Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kellen Moore

After watching Painter regress continuously, does anyone really think Painter will be retained after his rookie contract? Don't be surprised if we pick 2 QBs in the draft.

If Kellen Moore is there in round 5, pick 1, I am pulling the trigger, just my opinion. Painter does not have the excuses of not getting enough reps, yada, yada, yada, we need to invest in a new backup QB as well in next year's draft so that Painter can go after the 2012 season. Sorgi moved the chains better when given the chance with the first unit and Manning hogged the reps even then, what is Painter's excuse, really?

that's one guy. and he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire until he met up with sean payton and his arm "magically" got stronger....

Yes he is just one guy....but one example is all that was needed to prove this:

Kellen Moore is a SHORT QB. They DO NOT SUCCEED in the NFL!!! It is nonsense to discuss this bust.

to be nonsense. :)

We are drafting Luck, why would we take 2 QB'S? If we were to take a second QB maybe in the 7th, don't see the point though. I'd rather take a chance on Jacory Harris in the 7th and don't waste a 5th rd pick on Moore.

Of course, all of this assumes Peyton does not come back. If Peyton is coming back, Andrew Luck with the No.1 pick is all we need.

The point is to replace Painter after the 2012 season and have a backup QB that knows the system and comes for cheap instead of going after washed up veterans who may demand more. Either you have it or you don't. Painter has shown me that he can be good in flashes but his accuracy has ways to go. Painter was benched in his senior year at Purdue, maybe there was a reason after all. I'd take a flyer on another 4 year QB coming out of college to replace Painter as a backup QB in our system.

Heck, if Case Keenum is there at the top of round 6, I would consider it, wouldn't you?

Yes he is just one guy....but one example is all that was needed to prove this:

to be nonsense. :)

Statistics prove otherwise. Your response...OH just DREW BREES... and who else? Besides, all this argument is moot. We only need to select 1 QB in this upcoming draft and after taking Luck. We have no need for 2 rookie QB selections.

I live in Boise so I see Kellen Moore every week and have since his freshman year. If Kellen were a few inches taller, he would be a #1 pick. What he has is uncanny accuracy and decision making. He has a little more zip on the ball then what has been given credit for it in here. I think where he is different than guys like Colt Brennen is that he simply isn't running a spread offensive where anyone they plug in puts up those numbers. Remember, BSU lost their two best WRs last year to the NFL, and they are still doing pretty well.

The biggest problem with Kellen is his height. He is barely 6 feet, if that! I don't know if he has Brees deep ball. But i do think if the Colts could get him in the 3rd or 4th round, he woudl be worth the pick. He certainly can read a defense and is about the closest thing you will in college to a QB having full control off the playbook at the line of scrimmage.