Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Draft:

2: Gabe Jackson G

3: Dion Bailey FS

5: Trade to Steelers for Marquice pouncey he's on his last  year of contract so extensions is required.

6: Aaron Colvin CB

7: Devon Kennard OLB

7: Included to steelers

What's the incentive for Pittsburgh to trade their starting center to the Colts.    Especially for a 5th round pick?

He's young, talented and the Steelers will want to re-sign him. 

Why would they do the deal for a high draft pick?    And you're offering a 5 and 7.    A 7 that we don't have, by the way.....    (we only have one,  not two 7's)

Moved to draft section. 

Draft:

2: Gabe Jackson G

3: Dion Bailey FS

5: Trade to Steelers for Marquice pouncey he's on his last  year of contract so extensions is required.

6: Aaron Colvin CB

7: Devon Kennard OLB

7: Included to steelers

It looks good, but if a stud falls somehow (Attaochu, Murphy, Tuitt), I'd take them any day. And I hope Terrence Brooks is still there when we pick in the 3rd, he's the best 2nd day safety to me. And sure, I'll join in saying that I wish the trade would go through, but it won't.

If Tuitt falls anywhere near us trade up asap. Big Irish fan he is a play maker reminds me of Mathis has a knack for making the play when you really need it. Those two together come on in. He even has the strip sack down. I like Prince Shembo too think he should have stayed around another year but he could be there in the 5th.

I like the draft.  Dion Bailey is starting to grow on me.  USA taoday did say he had shoulder problems that caused him to become a drag down tackler.  That worries me a little.  Also on Gabe Jackson, he is physically dominant, but there have been some questions about his motor.  OL have to have a nasty attitude.  Devon kinnard is one of my sleepers.  I'm still not clear on how many picks we have in the seventh.  I have heard it both ways for some time.

2.  Weston Richburg OC  -  Not just a need pick.  USA today said this guy is a pancake machine who physically jolts defenders on impact.

3.  Joel Bitonio OG  - I doubt this guy will fall to our #3, but some mocks have him available.  Athletic and agressive.  Let him play left guard and have Thornton and Thomas battle it out for RG.

5.  Devonta Freeman RB - follows blocks, tough, can catch - he could probably get playing time.

7.  Keith Price QB - Luck's backup for years

I decided to go OL over linebacker.  With DQuell Jackson, we wouldn't need a guy like Smallwood yet, plus Smallwood might have some leverage issues.

I love Marcus Smith, but both Richburg and Bitonio would be long time quality starters.  Borland is another top linebacker who might have some leverage issues.

I like the draft.  Dion Bailey is starting to grow on me.  USA taoday did say he had shoulder problems that caused him to become a drag down tackler.  That worries me a little.  Also on Gabe Jackson, he is physically dominant, but there have been some questions about his motor.  OL have to have a nasty attitude.  Devon kinnard is one of my sleepers.  I'm still not clear on how many picks we have in the seventh.  I have heard it both ways for some time.

2.  Weston Richburg OC  -  Not just a need pick.  USA today said this guy is a pancake machine who physically jolts defenders on impact.

3.  Joel Bitonio OG  - I doubt this guy will fall to our #3, but some mocks have him available.  Athletic and agressive.  Let him play left guard and have Thornton and Thomas battle it out for RG.

5.  Devonta Freeman RB - follows blocks, tough, can catch - he could probably get playing time.

7.  Keith Price QB - Luck's backup for years

I decided to go OL over linebacker.  With DQuell Jackson, we wouldn't need a guy like Smallwood yet, plus Smallwood might have some leverage issues.

I love Marcus Smith, but both Richburg and Bitonio would be long time quality starters.  Borland is another top linebacker who might have some leverage issues.

I like the 2nd and 3rd round picks you have. I would hate to draft a guard and center early again, but we have to fix the interior of the line.

I have no idea what to make of Holmes. Thornton was terrible last year. He has to be better in his second year, he can't get much worse.