Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

pat mcafee's ridiculous field goals

chad hugo

We should have just cut Adam to save the cap space and made Pat our kicker and punter. :)

In all seriousness though, I wonder how many double-takes Pat had to do to pull off these kicks. We've seen trick shot videos, so this isn't unusual if you take it in regards to kicks.

pfffft...I can do that

on Madden I just turn the FG slider way up

At first, I was like "Yeah, this dude probably just filmed himself playing Madden and has McAfee hitting 100 yard field goals"

Those are impressive though, but you can do way better in practice than you can in a game. Especially when there isn't the commotion of fans and the other players

We should have just cut Adam to save the cap space and made Pat our kicker and punter. :)

In all seriousness though, I wonder how many double-takes Pat had to do to pull off these kicks. We've seen trick shot videos, so this isn't unusual if you take it in regards to kicks.

even so i dont any kickers that can kick a 75 yard fg do you

I watched a high school kid nail a 65 yard field goal in practice, in pads, first try. The kid was also a linebacker, not a trained kicker. While it's definitely very impressive, he's in shorts and a t-shirt with no pressure.

Carson Wiggs from Purdue hit a 67 yard field goal during Purdue's spring game. Full pads and live action. They are supposedly going to let him try to break the NCAA record for longest field goal this year. He routinely makes 75+ yard field goals during warm-up.

Since he both kicked and punted at West Virginia, it is not like he doesn't have experience kicking. Yes those 75 yard field goals are unrealistic in a game situation....but with Adam's range being not what it was 10 or even 5 years ago....why not use Pat for long field goals? With the new kickoff rules he wont have to work as hard for touchbacks...its worth a shot if its a 50+ yarder as time expires to win the game and avoid OT

I'm still annoyed at him for not signing my McAfee jersey at the Chargers game last year after he said on twitter he would come over. Never trust a punter! :D I flew all the way from England to get that shirt signed (and to see the Colts for the first time - mainly this reason).

what are u doing flying all the way to San Diego from England. Should have waited for a game on the east coast.