Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami Just Handed Us The First Pick In The Draft

GoGoColts

Still plenty of games left however this might give Mia more momentum blowing out KC. However for the Colts these blowouts will continue to demoralize us, if a team wants to win all they have to do is look at the last 3 games, there is a plethora is things they can use to beat the Colts. The Rams and Cardinals play as well both teams only have one win so that will slowly take another team out of contention. I don't see the Colts even beating the Jags, Jones Drew will probably mangle us. Difficult season but perhaps the perfect season to have a bad year with Manning out and Luck in the draft.

Unless Peyton has to retire, I see zero chance Luck comes to Indy. If we have the number 1 pick, I think we trade it to Miami for their #1 and maybe their #1 next year. There is just no way that Luck wants to sit for 4 years, nor will the Colts expect a rookie to do better with a veteran team. By the time Luck is good, most of the Colts stars would be gone or retired. So, I think if you take it as a whole, it makes far more sense to make a 3-4 year run then rebuild

Unless Peyton has to retire, I see zero chance Luck comes to Indy. If we have the number 1 pick, I think we trade it to Miami for their #1 and maybe their #1 next year. There is just no way that Luck wants to sit for 4 years, nor will the Colts expect a rookie to do better with a veteran team. By the time Luck is good, most of the Colts stars would be gone or retired. So, I think if you take it as a whole, it makes far more sense to make a 3-4 year run then rebuild

If the Colts could get Miami's entire draft I'd be more than fine with that, for an extra first rounder only, no thanks....

Well Peyton having to retire or not being the old Peyton is a real possibility. If Peyton is not making Peyton like throws by the time the draft rolls around we would have to take Luck no questions. Also it's way too early to assume we have the #1 pick.

Edited by presto123

I like it! We have a lot of options with the 1st pick. What we will do will depend on Peytons health. If he is back at 100% health we can trade it to get some more picks (which this team need). If Peyton has to retire you can get a good replacement for him with Andrea Luck. I still hope we will see Peyton for 2-3 more years, but I'm beginning to doubt that we will see him back.

I am just curious why some people say no way we take Luck? I am for taking Luck in the draft, those type of QB's do not come along that often. I just want to make some good quality draft choices that see the field and contribute a lot to our team. Tired of drafting players that do not pan out.

I think we need to rebuild right now. This team stinks and w/out Manning we have very little talent. Manning made talent. Most of the rest of this team has been riding Manning coat tails.

We're an absolutely horrible team on our merits. Break it down any way you want.....and it's been done here.....but the bottom line is we're every bit that bad functioning right now. I don't expect us to win any games this year, which is just how it is. Yes, it puts us in position to be at the top of every round in the draft and THEN some if we play our cards right. Here's to looking toward the future....

Who's the best defensive prospect in the draft? Peyton will be back next year, so the Offense will be fine, we need to start doing some serious rebuilding on the D.

NC DE, name just escaped me. One of the best available on D.

After what I saw the other day, couldn't go too far wrong picking from Alabama & LSU across the board.

Edited by everybodysgotone

There is nothing that any team needs more than a franchise QB.

Tell that to PITT, which has been in contention with playoff and SB appearances since 1969 with the likes of Bubby Brister, K. Steward, Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomscak... sandwiched inbetween the Bradshaw and Big Ben years. I'll take the PITT formula for the next 50 years any day of the week.

The problem is, we don't have an identity beyond the Manning formula.

Edited by everybodysgotone

Tell that to PITT, which has been in contention with playoff and SB appearances since 1969 with the likes of Bubby Brister, K. Steward, Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomscak... sandwiched inbetween the Bradshaw and Big Ben years. I'll take the PITT formula for the next 50 years any day of the week.

I would happy to tell them that, but hey already know that they can't win without a franchise QB.

How many did they win between Bradshaw and Big Ben? That would be zero. About the best a team can do is make a good showing of it without a franchise QB.

Edited by GoGoColts

I would happy to tell them that, but hey already know that they can't win without a franchise QB.

How many did they win between Bradshaw and Big Ben? That would be zero. About the best a team can do is make a good showing of it without a franchise QB.

PITT is the gold standard in this league. We're not even close to what they've accomplished. So far Indy has been given a nice era via Manning. That's it. Currently there's no legacy and no identity beyond him. End of file.

I am just curious why some people say no way we take Luck? I am for taking Luck in the draft, those type of QB's do not come along that often. I just want to make some good quality draft choices that see the field and contribute a lot to our team. Tired of drafting players that do not pan out.

Here is my reasoning. Ok, so lets say Manning is healthy and can play at his former level. He is looking at playing then at least 3-4 years. Do you think Luck wants to sit that long? Ok, so lets say we pick Luck and trade Manning. Luck is going to struggle as a rookie and they will likely look similar to this season. So lets say by season 3, Luck is playing at a high level. I would expect no Mathis, Freeney, Wayne, Saturday, or Clark on the team. So Luck is good but likely the rest of the team is worse. So picking Luck, to me it is basically conceding for a few years we are not very good.

Now, lets say they trade the Luck pick. Manning back ensures this is a SB contending team for the next 3-4 years, plus the picks obtained by trading the #1 pick infuses young talent. And yes, I do believe with Peyton and probably a different coach, this is a SB contending team. It is not like they suddenly got bad. They are pretty much the same team they were two years ago. They have always had these weaknesses, but Peyton covered them up.

So, IMHO, it makes perfect sense to trade the pick, get young talent end, but still content for the next 3-4 years WHILE rebuilding. Picking Luck, I feel, puts the team backwards.

PITT is the gold standard in this league. We're not even close to what they've accomplished. So far Indy has been given a nice era via Manning. That's it. Currently there's no legacy and no identity beyond him. End of file.

They didn't win a single championship without a franchise QB.

What makes you think Luck will want to come to Indy? Didn't John Elway and Eli go to other teams than the one that drafted them?

Just wondered if this can happen that we draft him and he doesn't want to play for Indy what then? Hope someone that knows can answer my questions. Thanks in advance.

What makes you think Luck will want to come to Indy? Didn't John Elway and Eli go to other teams than the one that drafted them?

Just wondered if this can happen that we draft him and he doesn't want to play for Indy what then? Hope someone that knows can answer my questions. Thanks in advance.

\

After we nail down that No.1 pick (which unfortunately we went a long way towards doing today)

...we have to bring him here for a long closed door talk with Manning and Polian...

You know..he can actually go back to Standford and play in college again in 2012../He has bargaining power.

Its a good point, Sue Q

\

After we nail down that No.1 pick (which unfortunately we went a long way towards doing today)

...we have to bring him here for a long closed door talk with Manning and Polian...

You know..he can actually go back to Standford and play in college again in 2012../He has bargaining power.

Its a good point, Sue Q

Thanks for the answer.

\

Its a good point, Sue Q

Once he declares for the draft that is it. The Colts don't need to show their cards to Luck at all until he declares. Assuming that Peyton is healthy, We draft Luck and demand a Kings ransom. If nobody pays it Luck is a Colt and that is that.

Once he declares for the draft that is it. The Colts don't need to show their cards to Luck at all until he declares. Assuming that Peyton is healthy, We draft Luck and demand a Kings ransom. If nobody pays it Luck is a Colt and that is that.

Okay how did Eli and Elway get drafted by one team and end up with another because they didn't want to play for the team that drafted them?

Okay how did Eli and Elway get drafted by one team and end up with another because they didn't want to play for the team that drafted them?

Elway could play baseball so he threatened to do that. He had real leverage. Eli just whined. Plus, I don't even think that they Chargers liked Eli anyway, They just wanted to get get some extra picks out of the Giants. Rivers is a better QB than Eli.

Edited by GoGoColts