Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

recap of our signees

CR91

We need a WR, S, O line...than I think our team is solid.  I'm I the only one here who actually wants Decker and desires for the other two needs to be met in the draft?  It is a very deep draft and great lineman fall into the 2nd to later rounds all the time. Wayne is leaving and we can have a great guy to come in and take that number one role.

We need a WR, S, O line...than I think our team is solid. I'm I the only one here who actually wants Decker and desires for the other two needs to be met in the draft? It is a very deep draft and great lineman fall into the 2nd to later rounds all the time. Wayne is leaving and we can have a great guy to come in and take that number one role.

You are not the only one, but you are a minority.. because your logic is faulty.

Fair enough, care to elaborate?

GREAT linemen don't fall to 2nd or later rounds..

Even though decker might be a great guy, he sure as heck isn't a great player, or a valid replacement for reggie as a no.1 receiver..

Therefore it would be prudent to sign a veteran o-lineman, as oposed to drafting an unproven rookie late in the 2nd (or later rounds).

I have a feeling we don't have the same idea of meaning of the word "great" though ;)

GREAT linemen don't fall to 2nd or later rounds..

Even though decker might be a great guy, he sure as heck isn't a great player, or a valid replacement for reggie as a no.1 receiver..

Therefore it would be prudent to sign a veteran o-lineman, as oposed to drafting an unproven rookie late in the 2nd (or later rounds).

I have a feeling we don't have the same idea of meaning of the word "great" though ;)

1. When it comes to OL, ye they oftentimes do. Maybe not a ton of great OL prospects, but certainly great players. But like I said with OL great prospects also fall. Last years draft was an anomaly.

1. When it comes to OL, ye they oftentimes do. Maybe not a ton of great OL prospects, but certainly great players. But like I said with OL great prospects also fall. Last years draft was an anomaly.

I dont see any great Guards or Centers actually in this draft at all actually early, Gabe Jackson would be as good at it gets at Guard in this draft...solid player but certainly not on par with Warmack, Decastro or Cooper, As for Center....None impress me at all in the early rounds except Stork amd I dont think he fits a Man Blocking scheme, I do however like Russell Bodines upside out of North Carolina, Also Brandon Linder, Dakota Dozier and Billy Turner later

Centers in this years draft do not look like starters/ plug and play ... I don't know if they would be better than Holmes. Martin has said to have upside and with work could be a starter and is compared to Mack..(Per CBS Sports review).. he played center last year he was at guard when Holmes was the center at USC... 

I dont see any great Guards or Centers actually in this draft at all actually early, Gabe Jackson would be as good at it gets at Guard in this draft...solid player but certainly not on par with Warmack, Decastro or Cooper, As for Center....None impress me at all in the early rounds except Stork amd I dont think he fits a Man Blocking scheme, I do however like Russell Bodines upside out of North Carolina, Also Brandon Linder, Dakota Dozier and Billy Turner later

I meant in general of course, this is a weak OL class outside of the elite OTs

I think we're headed in the right direction. In addition to the moves mentioned, we also got Henoc Muamba from the CFL. Guy looks like he could be the next Freeman. Even if he holds his own in a reserve ILB role, that's a major win for us. With Thomas coming back from injury and sliding Thorton (who WILL get better in year 2) to RG, we are one half decent center away from making some noise. Get us EDS, Clemons, and maybe Nicks if we have the spare change for it (otherwise WR in round 2), and we could be a Super Bowl team! Go Horseshoe!!!