Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets release WR Santonio Holmes

Virtuoso80

Jets released WR Santonio Holmes.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/443100962581139458

' class="bbc_url">@

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/443100962581139458

Details' class="bbc_url">@Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 23m
Details

Poor Holmes. Just kind of disappeared after that catch in the Super Bowl. I don't blame the Jets one bit for this. They can draft Marquis Lee in the first, and they should also draft Mathews or Robinson in the second IMO. Pair Lee and Mathews/Robinson with Kerley and maybe Hill, and their receiving corps should be really good. Then it will all be up to Geno.

Not surprised. He's been a locker room cancer for years now. This of course means the Jets need to pass up their usual temptation to draft a defensive player in the first and focus on getting a wideout of the future.

I would not be shocked if the Pats make a run at Hakeem Nicks and Eric Decker.

I would be surprised as Nicks is nothing special although I do like him and Decker is going to command a ton of money and not sure he is a legit #1 receiver. They also need another TE too to replace Hernandez. They just extended Hooman today as insurance for Gronk coming off of ACL surgery.

Holmes is such a selfish, divisive player. What took the Jets so long to get rid of him!

That's what I wanta know lol. I'm sure it had something to do with Rex wanting Sanchize to have a reliable go-to guy, since up until last season he never let go of that sinking line.

That's what I wanta know lol. I'm sure it had something to do with Rex wanting Sanchize to have a reliable go-to guy, since up until last season he never let go of that sinking line.

Holmes is not "reliable" at all but I understand your point. Lol.

I think Sanchez is not as bad as everyone believes. Rex and Co. got rid of the WRs with whom Sanchez was comfortable (Cotchery & others) and kept Holmes who only caused trouble. The Jets invested in defense and did not draft any highly skilled offensive players. Even now, who at WR or RB is even a good player?

Sanchez is better than a lot of the QBs out there. I'll take Sanchez over Christian Ponder and Matt Cassel.

Holmes is not "reliable" at all but I understand your point. Lol.

I think Sanchez is not as bad as everyone believes. Rex and Co. got rid of the WRs with whom Sanchez was comfortable (Cotchery & others) and kept Holmes who only caused trouble. The Jets invested in defense and did not draft any highly skilled offensive players. Even now, who at WR or RB is even a good player?

Sanchez is better than a lot of the QBs out there. I'll take Sanchez over Christian Ponder and Matt Cassel.

Yeah, maybe. But it's like choosing whether you want to get slapped, punched, or kicked haha