Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This is a guy I would really love for us to snag in free agency.

He notched eight sacks in eleven games last season.. Line him up with Mathis and I think we could have something special here.

He's young only 25 and could possibly be Roberts replacement in a few years.

He's one if the fee guys I have been drooling over.

This is from Pro Football Focus.  He was rated #8 out of pass rushers available:

Jason Worilds makes this list mostly due to his play late in the 2013 season. Once Lamarr Woodley went down with an injury, Worilds moved from right outside linebacker to left. There he had a Pass Rushing Productivity of 11.3 compared to just 8.6 on the right. His PRP from the left was third-best for all outside linebackers with at least 200 pass rushes from the left. If he is on a team where he can continue playing to his strength, he should have a 10-sack season. Since he has played outside linebacker his entire NFL career, chances are he will stay there. At outside linebacker he only has value in leagues that differentiate outside and inside linebackers. Moving to left defensive end would put him around a low DL2/high DL3 range.

Regardless of what happens, it is likely that former 2013 first-round pick Jarvis Jones will get the opportunity to play 100% of snaps each game at right outside linebacker. Woodley could very well be considered a post June 1 cap cut, which would help the Steelers’ rough cap situation. It would be very surprising to see both Worilds and Woodley on the roster. If Woodley is cut and Worilds doesn’t return, then 2011 fifth-round pick Chris Carter is next in line to be a starter.

Looks like he is really coming on.

Missed one game the last 2 seasons.
Called him injury prone. Betting he was playing special teams his 1st 2 years and LOTS of injuries in the job of course.

Grigson hung his hat on Walden and Werner so I don`t believe he will consider this guy an option.

I don't know a great deal about this guy. He has been on the periphery of fan attention for the majority of his time in the league it seems. 

I'd have no objection to signing him for the right price though. A young player who managed to show a decent amount of progress last season (especially in terms of pass rushing) is something I wouldn't be looking to turn down.

As Irish Colt mentioned, we do currently have more pressing needs, however, finding another young player to pair with Werner in preparation for Mathis's retirement would be nice. Plus we should have enough money to cover all of the bases.

I like Worilds Acceleration and quick first step and agility, His numbers were a litle inflated this year however do to Brady sliding down and giving himelf up on a play and another where a Steelers interior D Lineman got pressure not allowing Brady to step up in the pocket, the DT also appeared to be the first to get Brady down on the play but looks like Worilds was credited with that sack, I'd rather get a pass rusher in the draft because they will come cheaper and younger...25 is young of course but if you can get younger and just as talented or moreso for cheaper then you do it. Would like though if Worilds was brought in, would not complain but would not be my approach

He is a tough one to figure out. I read somewhere that he will likely be the #1 pass rusher to actually see free agency. Most of the pass rushers available (Orakpo and Hardy) will likely stay with their teams. I think the price will go beyond what his production warrants.

It's tough. With Worilds you are paying for potential. I think you have an idea of what you are getting with him, but there is not a large body of work to go off of.

I also feel like you need to account for the progress of Werner. Hopefully he will make a jump in production in his second season.

That being said, he would be a tremendous upgrade over Walden.