Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dave Dameshek Shame Report #2 - Jim Caldwell

ReMeDy

http://www.nfl.com/v...?module=HP11_cp

Skip to #2 @ 3:18. Dave Dameshek compares some of Jim Caldwell's facial expressions. Dameshek makes a great point... How will Caldwell react once he gets fired? And as for Todd Haley?... Ever since he blew up on the sidelines against Matt Cassel, Haley and his team have been winning every single game! I guess getting emotional does earn you something in this league!

Edited by ReMeDy

Todd Haley almost got his face punched in by talking like that to his players... the colts dont need that.. these are grown men not kids.... if caldwell isnt doing anything then i doubt he's the problem... the colts need to fire coyer and pete first.

Skip to #2 @ 3:18. Dave Dameshek compares some of Jim Caldwell's facial expressions. Dameshek makes a great point... How will Caldwell react once he gets fired? And as for Todd Haley?... Ever since he blew up on the sidelines against Matt Cassel, Haley and his team have been winning every single game! I guess getting emotional does earn you something in this league!

As a consultant, if I'm not getting emotional frequently, it means I'm not adding value and not doing my job.

Not at all directed at the person I'm quoting - I fear that most people on this forum / board are still waving their pom-poms and just plain don't get it.

the Landry's and Dungy's are the minority... Most coaches get emotional, very emotional. Landry and Dungy had the their teams undying respect. Because they EARNED it.... Coaches like Caldwell need to earn something first.

Todd Haley almost got his face punched in by talking like that to his players... the colts dont need that.. these are grown men not kids.... if caldwell isnt doing anything then i doubt he's the problem... the colts need to fire coyer and pete first.

Yeah, our grown men play like boys and they will never improve by giving them the same blank stare whether they properly execute a play or not. I agree the Colts problems go beyond the coaching staff but Caldwell is doing nothing to try to stem the tide. Maybe he is flashing back to his Wake Forest days.

I honestly can't believe people closed the book on Peyton already. In a way I wish we could get Luck and show those * he would be a flop. All without sacrificing Peyton,

This is what a lot of people are saying but misunderstanding. Just because we draft Luck does not mean Peyton will be out the door. Yes the Peyton era is coming to a close whether people accept it or not, but we will not let him go.

On topic: As someone said before, Caldwell needs to earn his respect. This is why he gets ridiculed for having the blank expression. The blank expression gives off that he is nonchalant and not enthusiastic because he has not done anything that tells us he is. His record speaks for himself and his post game conferences seem computer-generated. We as fans get the feeling that Caldwell doesn't care and is riding the wave because of his demeanor and the lack of respect he has not earned. This is a visual society, if you don't have anything on the table that shows us you care and about what you do (SB rings, good records, accolades, etc.) then we would like to see something visual that shows you are. Scream on a guy once, throw your headset, curse at the ref, etc. But don't just stand there with the same expression when we are being blown out 62-7! Even Peyton couldn't hide his frustration and truthfully, many people will think Peyton cares more than Caldwell just because of the disgust he had on his face.

Now in my personal opinion, I don't care for the demeanor of a coach, as long as he/she gets the job done and that is not happening here.

Edited by smittywerb

Yeah, our grown men play like boys and they will never improve by giving them the same blank stare whether they properly execute a play or not. I agree the Colts problems go beyond the coaching staff but Caldwell is doing nothing to try to stem the tide. Maybe he is flashing back to his Wake Forest days.

Right...because the players are so stupid that they have no idea when they screwed up without their coaches telling them so.

Right...because the players are so stupid that they have no idea when they screwed up without their coaches telling them so.

Of course the players know when they screw up. The larger issue is what is being done about it to correct and/or prevent a recurrence. That is the job of the HC and assistant coaches. I believe deep down our players know they just don't have the talent that other teams possess (look at GB last year with 18 players on IR yet they won the SB with some backups and superior coaching) but they will never come out and say it because at that point they know they are gone. So the Colts players keep making mistakes while saying they just have to play better...yada, yada. Our coaching staff continue to look like statutes on the sidelines and we fans still have to see these stiffs posing as Colts players and getting the heck beat out of them and all without direction or leadership from our coaches week after week.

As I have stated in previous posts, do anyone believe any member of the current Colts coaching staff would be considered for another NFL coaching position by another team?

Edited by Fatboyslim11

REAL men are REALLY coachable.

I honestly can't believe people closed the book on Peyton already. In a way I wish we could get Luck and show those * he would be a flop. All without sacrificing Peyton,

I don't think anyone has closed the book on Peyton. He has a good 3-4 years left if he fully recovers. Luck will be the future of the franchise for the next 10-15 years. With sitting behind Peyton for said years the kid could be really special. You don't pass on that kind of talent!