Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 01/07 "Beatlemania Weekend"

sb41champs

Yes, I remember it.  My parents watched Ed Sullivan Show every week.  I was very young, and wasn't sure what all the hype or excitement was about at the time.    

I came to love their music over the years, and still do.  We went to see Paul in Cincinnati a few years ago and it was one of the best Concerts I've ever been to.  He and his band played a lot of the Beatles Classics.

So many great Beatles songs and this is one of my very favorites

Yes!....with "tin foil" wrapped on the TV antenna tips for maximum reception!! :lecture:

Ah yes PAC56, & might I add the real reason why parents used to have children: Either farm hands or the original remote control. Go back. "Yes. Your mother & I watch to watch this tonight as a family." ;)  

TVs, both black-N- white & color, had manual dials on them to change the channels for those who don't get the joke. 

Maybe its my age....but the simple joy with which they played their music in those first days will never get old....

http://youtu.be/J1BmE3lDDio

You make an excellent point PAC56. Music did seem to feel more carefree than it does now. Less corporatized, sanitized, & commercialized. It does make a person appreciate the willingness to cut loose, experiment, & let your hair down when the British Invasion & Beatle mania hit America like a massive monsoon of creativity.

I am always fascinated by the correlation of influential musicians on groundbreaking historical movements. Very cool! 

Nice video BTW. I ran out of likes my friend. 

I don't remember watching that show, but I do remember that I was supposed to be Mrs. Paul McCartney.

We were perfect for one another.  :luv:

We even shared the same birthday (month and day . . . not year . . . I'm not that old).

But somehow, Paul never got the memo.  :drama:

:blueshoe:   50 years ago THIS weekend - "The Fab Four" took America by storm with their first appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show".

:blueshoe:   If you are old enough - do you remember watching that night in television history ??

Beatles Mania also makes me a little sad now because Dick Clark from "American Bandstand" is now gone & mother used to rush home to watch it after school as a little girl. 

I don't remember watching that show, but I do remember that I was supposed to be Mrs. Paul McCartney.

We even shared the same birthday (month and day . . . not year . . . I'm not that old).

My sincerest & heartfelt condolences shecolt. A broken heart just like Humpty Dumpty just never fits or feels the same way again. 

P.S. JAF I wish I could remove the pain of 18 losing on February 2nd for you too my friend & I honestly mean that. Hang in there.  :hug:

It was a Really big shoooow....really big....with really big stars, and really big acts.it was..REALLY BIG

If "Really" is the word for the day TYG, then what's the number? Just kidding pal. It's an old school Sesame Street children's TV show joke.  haha

Or maybe the word for today is....Ahem drumroll please: BIG Too much? Okay, SW1 got a little carried away there for a moment. Sorry my bad. 

Perhaps cote Du Rod Laver. I guess it just depends on personal preferences & musical trends. That & the fact that next to a crew cut anything thing else looks surprisingly defiant & rebellious I suppose. 

I was just messing with you, but it really doesn't depend on preferences at all.

The time difference between those two photos is ~20 years.

The time difference between the Crüe photo and present day is ~30 years

That's what I was getting at.  Just a joke based on your representation of modernity. :cheers:

My sincerest & heartfelt condolences shecolt. A broken heart just like Humpty Dumpty just never fits or feels the same way again. 

That's kind of you, SW1; but I don't remember my little teeny bopper heart being broken that badly as I think I quickly turned my affections to Davy Jones and Leonard Whiting.

It will probably take me longer to get over being compared to "Humpty Dumpty".  ;)

That's kind of you, SW1; but I don't remember my little teeny bopper heart being broken that badly as I think I quickly turned my affections to Davy Jones and Leonard Whiting.

It will probably take me longer to get over being compared to "Humpty Dumpty".  ;)

This made my day.  :lol:    Thanks for the laughs.   haha

:blueshoe:   Get in line BEHIND ME "Shecolt" - I was supposed to be Mrs. Paul McCartney (post Jane Asher) !!

I was just messing with you, but it really doesn't depend on preferences at all.

The time difference between those two photos is ~20 years.

The time difference between the Crüe photo and present day is ~30 years

That's what I was getting at.  Just a joke based on your representation of modernity. :cheers:

Time, 3 decades or not, really does mean a darn thing. Anarchy will always be labeled anarchy until it is embraced by the masses & becomes mainstream & acceptable. That was my point, which you missed. 

I love Ringo Starr! As he was my favorite and still is my favorite Beatle! A close second would be George Harrison. Hate it how John Lennon had to die all due to one messed up crazy fan! :( 

Never found Paul really crazy like all of the girls mostly. Just really had a thing for Ringo!