Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Atlanta Falcons cut Asante Samuel, Stephen Nicholas

Bluefire4

I actually think Lamarr Woodley will either be a Post June 1st Cut unless they try to trade him by then......Steelers are $11,769,379 OVER the cap....Making Woodley a post June 1st cut would bring them to $4,189,739 over the cap....From there I expect Troy Polamalu to be released(before June 1st) which would bring them $3,640,621 of POSITIVE cap space......Or they could cut Ike Taylor(Before June 1st) and be in the positive $2,390,621.

I actually think Lamarr Woodley will either be a Post June 1st Cut unless they try to trade him by then......Steelers are $11,769,379 OVER the cap....Making Woodley a post June 1st cut would bring them to $4,189,739 over the cap....From there I expect Troy Polamalu to be released(before June 1st) which would bring them $3,640,621 of POSITIVE cap space......Or they could cut Ike Taylor(Before June 1st) and be in the positive $2,390,621.

Would be lovely to see Woodley opposite Mathis.

I would love to see asante Samuel on the Colts just so he can pick off brady. He was ty law #2 in his prime.

The two players who were like WR to Peyton. Lol

key words 'in his prime'

He would be a huge price to come to the Colts and then have 2 or 3 solid games and then a no show for the rest of the season. That's how it worked for Atlanta last year.

Here's an idea for everybody...if the FA/released/cut player is over 30, then just forget about them all together. Pretend like they don't even exist. Because more than likely, thats the way the Colts will look at it. There could be a few exceptions for late roster adds, but they won't be in the conversation as building blocks.

I would love to see asante Samuel on the Colts just so he can pick off brady. He was ty law #2 in his prime.

The two players who were like WR to Peyton. Lol

LOL.  AS's picks came in garbage time.  He's not even #10 Ty Law.

At this point I'd consider him maybe as a replacement for Gordy or Vaughn in 2014 if the price is right.  It would be great to have him as insurance when Glass Toler goes down I suppose.  I don't think we'll pick Samuel up anyway though.